Last Updated on October 24, 2020
As February 14th draws ever closer, your hunt for Valentine’s Day gifts for him is ramping up. Creative ideas abound everywhere, of course, but maybe you could benefit from some some extra-special gift-giving inspiration.
“Um, yes please!” you’re probably thinking. “That’s why I’m here! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I still need to find the perfect gift for my husband/boyfriend. The more unique the better!”
Well, we’re happy to report that you’ve arrived at your Valentine’s one-stop shop for the special guy in your life. No matter what type of guy your man is (and you already know he’s the best), we’ve carefully curated this list to feature a little something special for everyone.
Is your man a hopeless romantic? We’ve got some wonderful, sentimental gift ideas for you to consider.
Is he more on the practical side? We’ve got you covered there, too.
Or is he a gamer, a book lover, or the sit-back-and-relax-with-a-cold-one type?
In any case, we have what you’re looking for this Valentine’s Day.
Do be sure to read through this post to the very end, too, because we’ve even got some DIY ideas for you to consider, if that’s more your gift-giving style.
Without further ado, let’s take a look.
10 Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
1. Where It All Began Pillow
Let’s begin at the beginning. Your love story with your husband or boyfriend is unique, and where it all began is important to both of you.
This Valentine’s Day, remind him of the special day you two met with this comfy, customized pillow from Three Peas Decor.
Customize this cute pillow with the date and location of this special place, and also choose the pillow’s color and design. It measures 12″ x 20″ and, importantly, it’s not just the cover – it comes complete with polyester filling.
2. Personalized Walnut and Maple Wood Bottle Opener
This one’s for all those amazing husbands and boyfriends out there who work really hard but know how to play hard, too.
If your man loves nothing more than to kick back and relax with a cold one after a long day, he’s really going to appreciate this unique gift this Valentine’s Day.
Our walnut and maple wood bottle opener is portable but also comes with a screw in case wall mounting is preferred. It comes in many different designs to suit any interest. This one features an engraved motorcycle (super cool if he’s a biker!) as well as his name and any other text you’d like it to say. The opener itself is made from real cast iron.
Other themes include:
- Auto/racing (a gear shifter)
- Farming (a tractor)
- Sailing (a ship’s wheel; have it say “Captain [name]”
- Best Dad Ever
- Man Cave
- … and more
This bottle opener would make the perfect addition to any man cave, garage, game room, or back patio.
3. Custom-Engraved Couple’s Tumblers
Do you go together like coffee and cream, salt and pepper, CID and logic? Are you a pair like pb & j, cupcakes and frosting, alcohol and bad decisions? Then let him know – and let the world know too!
Our couple’s tumbler set includes two premium Polar Camel tumblers (comparable to the top-dollar brand but at a wallet-friendly price). Each mug is vacuum-sealed and double-walled, meaning that both his and your drinks will be staying ice cold or piping hot for hours on end.
This is one of our favorite Valentine’s Day gifts for him. We think it will be yours, too, because it has a built in bonus – you’ll get a matching tumbler to boot.
Each tumbler comes personalized with both of your names, and is available in many different sizes and colors (get the same or different colors so you can tell them apart). Personalize yours here!
4. Tickets to Whatever He Likes!
When searching for Valentine’s Day gifts for him, it can really help to do a little creative thinking. For example, think experiences, not just tangible items!
This Valentine’s Day, surprise him with tickets to an upcoming event that you can both enjoy together. Whether he’s into sports, music, theater, or rodeo, sites like Ticketmaster or StubHub can be super helpful resources if you choose this idea.
5. “Why I Love You: A Journal of Us”
For your more sentimental hubby, the Why I Love You fill-in-the-blank journal will definitely be a hit this Valentine’s Day.
He loves you to no end and never a day goes by when he fails to remind you of that. So why not return the favor in a special way with this sweet journal in which you can spell out, quite literally, just how much he means to you?
6. Personalized Antique-Style Pocket Knife
Every man needs a pocket knife. This one has that classy old-fashioned flair, features a hefty 3″ stainless steel locking blade, and includes free personalization.
Customize it with his name, both of your initials, your anniversary date, or simply Valentine’s Day [year]. Simple, classy, personalized. The perfect Valentine’s Day gift for him.
7. Beard Grooming Kit
Does your man have a luscious beard that he takes great pride in caring for? If so, keeping it well-manicured is of the utmost importance to him.
On Valentine’s Day, show him that you realize this (and that his beard is something you love about him) by gifting him this Viking Revolution beard grooming kit.
Each kit comes with all the essentials he needs to properly maintain his beard or Vandyke, including brush, comb, beard balm, mustache scissors and oil.
8. Personalized Gamer’s Mug
What a cute gift idea for the coffee-guzzling gamer hubby! Especially if he’s into Pokemon, this Valentine’s gift – which also comes personalized with his name – is pretty much guaranteed to bring a smile to his face.
With this mug that he can use or display in his game room, he’ll be reminded daily that you choose him.
9. Custom Heart-Shaped Text on Canvas or Print
When it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts for him, it doesn’t get much more one-of-a-kind than this. The heart-shaped art depicted on this framed print (or canvas – your choice) is created using nothing less than what you choose to have it say- how special is that?
You can write your loved one a poem or even a mini love story featuring the two of you as the main characters. Or choose the lyrics of a favorite song, or even lines from the first movie the two of you saw together.
Personalize it further with your names and an important date, such as your first date or wedding anniversary. Get yours here!
10. Personalized Wire Bookmark (+ a Book He’ll Love)
So your hubby’s a bookworm. That automatically makes Valentine’s Day gift shopping super easy, right? Just pick him out a new book at your local bookstore and call it a [holi]day!
Not so fast, it ain’t that easy!
You know better than anyone that the book lover in your life takes his reading very seriously. He probably prefers a certain genre and has most likely read everything in that particular category. You have to think outside the box once again. So here we have it: a bookmark.
Really, a bookmark? But this isn’t just any old paper bookmark, it’s a wire one bent into his name or anything else you’d like it to say. Not only do you get to choose the text but also the decorative topper.
Give him this custom bookmark this Valentine’s Day, and he can say bye-bye to those dog-eared pages for good. To go with his gift, surprise him with some fresh reading material that’s maybe a little outside his favorite genre, or closely related to it.
BONUS: Couple’s Cooking Class
The two of you love to cook together anyway, so why not take your relationship to the next level and schedule a cooking date you can enjoy side-by-side?
You can do just that with a cooking class in your area!
For inspiration, take a look at Sur La Table’s website… they offer some of the most popular cooking classes in the country and are available nationwide.
In addition to the event tickets idea above (#3), some other quality-time Valentine’s Day ideas might include:
- Dancing classes
- Drive-in theater for a classic film
- Rock climbing gym membership
- Stay at a bed & breakfast
- Rent a houseboat
- Have a candlelit dinner
- Go on a picnic
- … or any of the ideas in our Experience Gift Guide
More Great Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
You’ve reached the end of our list featuring our top 10 favorite ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts for him…
Only you haven’t really reached the end; in case your hunt continues, we’ve got just a few more ideas for you to consider.
First, if you want a couples-themed gift that celebrates your relationship, check out these ideas.
DIY Gift Ideas
The V-Day gifts in this section are do-it-yourself and completely customizable. These may be more along the lines of what you’re looking for at those times you’re hoping to add an extra splash of thoughtfulness into your Valentine’s Day gift for him.
For instance, you could:
- Write him a love letter. Yep, a simple yet meaningful, old-fashioned love letter. Create some pretty stationary (or print some off) and share with him everything you love about him and will always love about him. Maybe even spritz a little perfume onto the paper before you give it to him! This one is easy to do yet super romantic so we just had to mention it first.
- Make his Valentine’s Day card, instead of buying one. Those greeting cards you can get at the grocery store are mass-produced and not to mention expensive. Avoid getting your man the same card Mrs. Jones next door got hers (weird!) by making him one, instead. If you’re not the artsy type, you can always use the computer to accomplish this.
- Cook him his favorite meal or dessert. Okay, so the way to a man’s heart is not always through his stomach, but the idea behind this sentiment still rings true. Because while tackling the crowds to eat out on Valentine’s Day is fine, everyone enjoys a home-cooked meal, especially when it’s made with love.
- Create a DIY memory book for him. This idea is similar to the gift idea #4 above, only you’re making it yourself. All you need is a journal or notebook, a pen, some optional decorative features like stickers, ribbons, or art supplies, and a heart full of love.
- Put together a gift basket full of everything he loves. Fill it with his favorite candies (or health foods), a framed photo of the two of you, his favorite drinks, music, books, and anything else he’d enjoy.
- Research free events in or near your city that you can both enjoy together. Eventbrite is a great resource- simply click on the “Free” tab and go from there.
- Record a poem or song for him. Do you two have a song that you claim as your “couples” song? Perform a cover and download it for him to enjoy whenever he wants. If singing or playing an instrument isn’t your thing, write him a poem and read it aloud.
Classic Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
We’ll close out with ten final gift ideas. These ones are all total classics:
- Personalized wallet
- Good whiskey or bourbon
- Set of personalized pint glasses
- Power tools
- Video games or gaming system
- Custom cufflinks
- Men’s watch
- Quality headphones
- His & hers t-shirt sets
We’re so glad you chose All Gifts Considered for your gift-giving needs this Valentine’s Day!
While we hope you were able to find the perfect Love Day gift for your husband or boyfriend from our list, if you’re in need of more inspiration, we recommend taking a look over at Northwest Gifts.
We have so many more ideas for you to consider, most of which are completely customizable.
Read next: 21 Best Gift Ideas for Your Husband
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 21 Unique Sympathy Gifts to Show Love and Support Let's talk about unique sympathy gifts. You've just learned that someone you care about has suffered the loss of a loved one, and you want to find a...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- Lego Architecture: The Complete List of Every Single Set Ever Made Lego Architecture sets are incredible gift ideas for just about anyone. Young kids with moderate building skills all the way up to adult professional...
- 52 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas for the Home Here are 52 of the most interesting and unique Christmas gift ideas we've found for the home, including home decor, kitchen, man cave, and home bar g...