Last updated on
Today we’ll be celebrating the absolute best gifts for couples.
Here you’ll find best wedding, anniversary, neighbor, holiday, and birthday gifts for couples. Plus more!
From the best experience gifts to most romantic gifts, from the funniest gifts for couples to the best housewarming gifts, from things you expect to things you don’t, we’ve got it all covered.
Just for the record, we say 21 gifts for couples, but there’s waaaaay more than 21 ideas mentioned below. That’s because we take a theme, latch onto it, and dive down deep into the depths of creative gift-giving.
It’s what we do. Whether you’re searching for a gift for your significant other, your parents, a friend who’s getting married, or for another special couple in your life, we really want to help you find that perfect little something that says, “I’m thinking of you.”
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Top 21 Best Gifts for Couples
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
1. Best Wedding Gift for Couples: Custom Engraved Cutting Board
Cutting boards are all-around great gifts to give because they’re both beautiful and highly practical.
For the two special people in your life who’re preparing to say “I do,” you simply can’t go wrong with the gift of a quality, personalized cutting board.
This one from Northwest Gifts really takes the (wedding) cake. Made of solid bamboo wood, this 18″ x 12″ cutting board also comes personalized for the happy couple with our cute lovebirds design.
(This is another popular design for couples.)
More Wedding Gifts for Couples
- Custom Newlywed Sign that’s both elegant and farmhouse chic, and says “And so together they built a life they loved”
- Couples Coffee Mug which can include families, pets, and more
- Couples Art Class (for a fun and relaxing night out)
2. Best Anniversary Gift for Couples: Custom Anniversary Portrait
We picked a custom portrait from Mary Ann as the best anniversary gift for couples, simply because her portraits are the best.
All this talented watercolor artist needs is a photo of the happy couple, to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that they are sure to treasure forever.
More Anniversary Gifts for Couples
- Engraved First Dance Lyrics
- Keepsake Camera Roll. It’s just as cool as it sounds.
- Personalized Pepper Mill
3. Best Practical Gift for Couples: Safe-T Fire Extinguisher
Every household can benefit from a fire extinguisher, wouldn’t you agree?
From unexpected cooking fires to electrical mishaps, you just never know when one will come in handy (and you’ll be really glad you had one on hand if something does happen).
All this to say, any couple would appreciate a fire extinguisher, especially if it’s as cool as this one. This tequila-themed extinguisher is a CE 0029 approved tank and comes with a 5-year warranty.
And this is just one of many attractive designs! Check out Safe-T’s other popular fire extinguishers here.
More Practical Gifts for Couples
- Pour Over Coffee Maker
- A set of personalized travel tumblers (these ones are too cute!)
- A gorgeous silverware set
Related (to the Tequila & Lemons themed extinguisher, that is): 21 Gifts to Keep All Y’all Tequila Lovers In the Cups
4. Best Funny Gift for Couples: Custom Big Heads
You want funny gifts for couples? We’ve got funny gifts for couples. Here’s a hilarious idea: Custom big heads.
Make your lovebird friends laugh with these giant versions of their own faces… just send in their photos in with your order and they’ll take care of the rest.
One creative way to give these is to create a photo scavenger hunt. Send the couple out to find various locations, sight, or objects, and make them take pics with their big heads.
Good, clean fun!
More Funny Gifts for Couples
- Funny Anniversary Socks – just as silly as they sound
- Yay It’s You Doormat
- Hilarious (and only mildly inappropriate) bathroom sign
5. Best Gift for Couples to Do Together: Backyard Projector (for a Movie Night Outside!)
Want to give your pals something a little different, yet something fun that they can do together? This portable movie projector, which comes with a 100″ screen, looks like a whole lot of fun.
This projector easily connects to their favorite devices (smart phone, HDMI, AV), making a backyard movie date night not only possible but a wonderful bonding experience.
More Gifts for Couples to Do Together
- Weatherproof Camping Tent (could make a great accompaniment gift to the projector – think about it)
- A Double Hammock, so sweet!
- Yardzee Lawn Dice for outdoor fun
6. Best Experience Gift for Couples: Escape Room: The Game
Escape rooms are a popular experience gift, and best of all they can be enjoyed from the comfort of home.
So if you’re thinking about giving an “experience” instead of the more traditional gift options, you can’t go wrong with a board game like this one.
Escape Room: The Game puts players on a timer, during which they must use clues and keys to get themselves out of sticky scenarios before it’s too late.
More Experience Gifts for Couples
- 2-Person Inflatable Kayak for the more outdoorsy types
- Take a Beer Tasting Mastery course together
- A Pop Pilates Class allows them to get in shape together!
7. Best Cooking Gift for Couples: Personalized Recipe Box
Couples who like to cook can be hard to find gifts for, because they often already have everything they need and love for all their favorite dishes.
That said, not everyone who loves to cook has a place to store all their favorite paper recipes. And you’ve got to admit, there’s something pretty nostalgic about a good old-fashioned recipe box – especially when it comes personalized like this one.
Choose between a bamboo box or a walnut wood box. Dividers are available.
More Cooking Gifts for Couples
8. Best Cool Gift for Couples: LED Sky Lite
Here’s a gift for couples who enjoy embracing their inner child (and really, I don’t care how old you are, the LED Sky Lite is cool).
Your fave couple can use this device to create an instant nebula in any room of their home.
Think: a romantic date night in the dining room, a movie in the living room, a family camp out indoors during the long winter months, a cozy night in bed “under the stars.”
It’s a great gift idea. Includes adjustable light settings, rotation options, and 120V AC adapter.
More Cool Gifts for Couples
- Custom Engraved Dominoes Gift Set for unlimited game nights
- Couples Car Decal in a ridiculously cute script
- Couples 3D Photo Lamp (personalized from a photo and just as cool as the LED Sky Lite, TBH)
9. Best Couples Gift for Girlfriend: DIY Romantic Scavenger Hunt
Need a gift for your girl and are hoping to go the DIY route? Show her how much you care about her by sending her on a super fun scavenger hunt.
This gift is 100% customizable because you are the one who creates it just for her… earning it the #1 spot in this category. Click here for some interesting ideas to get you started.
More Gifts for Girlfriend
10. Best Couples Gift for Boyfriend: Engraved Picture Wallet Insert
On the other hand, if you’re searching for the best gift for that special guy in your life, check out this sweet laser-engraved picture wallet insert. It’s like a regular photo wallet insert, only better (it will last longer)!
For his eyes only, add an optional note on the back of his engraved photo, in your choice of several different fonts.
More Gifts for Boyfriend
- Game Room Dart Board for his man cave
- Personalized Man Cave Plaque
- Personalized Docking Station for all his stuff
11. Best DIY Couples Gift: Whiskey Connoisseur Kit
DIY gifts can be so much fun! They’re even better when you can do them together with someone you love. That’s why this Whiskey Connoisseur Kit is our pick for best gift in the DIY category.
When you enjoy the experience of creating something together, it’s all the more meaningful. Not to mention, aging whiskey is fun!
This barrel kit is made of real oak that has been charred to perfection within. Includes wrought iron stand, tools, cleaning kit, and all the ingredients (sans alcohol) you need to create three batches of whiskey together.
More DIY Couples Gifts
- Collage Kit (they’re as fun as they sound)
- Terrarium Kit (+ a Personalized Glass Treasure Box to put it in?)
- Needle Felting Starter Kit if you like to go old-school homesteader style
12. Best Housewarming Couples Gift: Joshua 24:15 Personalized Wood Scripture Plaque
There is nothing quite as exciting as starting a new life in a new place with the one you love.
Remind your loved ones to keep God in the center of this new adventure with this Personalized Wood Scripture Plaque in your choice of floral art design from Northwest Gifts.
It features that beloved verse from the Book of Joshua:
But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.Joshua 24:15b
This beautiful solid wood plaque is available in two sizes, three different designs and also comes with two saw-tooth hangers for easy wall mounting.
More Housewarming Couples Gifts
- Walnut Wood Keepsake Box – A great place to keep all those treasured keepsakes, and it’s personalized too
- Custom Engraved House Portrait (an instant heirloom)
- Custom Made Gift Basket filled with all sorts of (totally cute) household necessities
13. Best His and Hers Gift: His and Hers Wall Decor
Simple, cute and practical all in one thoughtful gift! These matching “His and Hers” wood signs are perfect for any couples’ bathroom. Choose between small, medium or large signs, as well as black, white or gold paint.
You also have the option of adding wall hooks to your order (if you do, check out the embroidered towels mentioned below for a great accompaniment gift).
More His and Hers Gifts
- His and Hers Matching Shirts (Chris Stapleton fans will love these)
- Custom Embroidered His and Hers Towels
- Personalized “We Go Together Like” Mug Set – We go together like Tacos & Tuesdays, or Breaking & Entering, or Peanut Butter & Jelly, etc….
14. Best Christmas Gift for Couples: Our First Christmas Ornament
A first Christmas together is something to be celebrated, cherished and remembered for a lifetime.
So our #1 pick for best couples’ Christmas gift is this gorgeous, personalized tree ornament.
With a winter mountain scene in the background, this ceramic ornament is sure to inspire smiles and happy memories for years to come.
More Christmas Gifts for Couples
- Coffee Table Tic Tac Toe – could make for a fun Christmas morning tradition
- Personalized Cheese Board with Utensils
- Personalized Clock (made to resemble a quarter barrel head)
15. Best Personalized Gift for Couples: Custom Couples Portrait
There’s just something about custom-made artwork that really tugs at the heart strings.
If you’re needing a gift for your loved one (or for another special couple in your life) but just can’t make a final decision, this one may be the one that finally makes you say, “Yep, that’s the one!”
I mean, take a look at that framed art piece! Super cute.
Your custom 8″ x 10″ order will be printed on high-quality matte paper. You describe the looks of the two “characters” in the piece (aka the couple), and the artist will take it from there.
Also, you get to choose from several featured quotes or you can add your own.
More Personalized Gifts for Couples
- Quarter Barrel Kitchen/Bar Sign (made from a real quarter barrel head)
- Custom Wall-Mounted Bottle Opener (Editors note: we have this on our back porch, and it’s great!)
- Personalized Playing Cards
16. Best Gift for Couples Who Have Everything: Couples Horseback Riding Adventure
It can be difficult to find a fabulous gift for the couple who already seemingly has everything. In this case, a “getaway” gift, like a horseback riding adventure, may be your best bet.
For this category we’ve picked horseback riding as our #1 gift simply because it’s not something that everyone has the means to do. And honestly, what could be more romantic than riding away together into the sunset?
Check out this link for some horseback riding packages at a location near you.
More Gifts for Couples Who Have Everything
- Trees for a Change Donation. This organization will plant a tree in a forest affected by wildfire, in your loved ones’ name.
- Unplug Cell Phone Box and spend more time together!
- Natural Handmade Soaps
17. Best Gift for Couples Who Travel: Personalized Travel Map
If the couple you’re gift shopping for is already adventurous at heart, chances are they have the travel bug.
Even if they can’t hop on a plane right now and jet off on their next big adventure, a gift that reminds them of all the times they have – and when they’ll once again be able to – will be a very welcome gift indeed.
Take this stellar push-pin travel map. With it, a couple can keep track of all the places they’ve already been, the places they want to go, and the distances in between them all.
The map comes personalized with their names and date established. Choose from several sizes, paper or canvas prints, and with or without a frame.
More Gifts for Couples Who Travel
- USA Scratch-Off Map, a fun alternative to traditional push pin maps
- Car Trunk Organizer to aid their road trips
- Microbead Neck Pillow (super relaxing for long car rides or flights – be sure to get 2!)
18. Best Sentimental Gift for Couples: Where It All Began Custom Pillow
It doesn’t get much more sentimental for couples than to sit back and reminisce about that first glance, that first date, that moment of serendipity… the one that started it all.
This “Where It All Began” custom pillow case (with an optional insert, if you want to give a complete pillow) is the perfect sentimental gift.
Everyone likes pillows, and this one will allow them plenty of opportunity to remember and relive those special moments that they treasure.
More Sentimental Gifts for Couples
- First Date Star Map (coordinate mapping of your first date!)
- Custom Family Tree
- DIY Couples’ Scrapbook. Here are some cool ideas.
19. Best Gift for Couples Who Are Expecting: All Expenses Paid Maternity Shoot
Many couples who are expecting would love to experience the joy of a photo shoot to look back on one day.
So what could be a better gift than an all expenses paid maternity shoot with a local professional photographer?
Because even though they may be expecting, this gift will be entirely unexpected, and something for which they’ll always be grateful.
There are several variations on this you can consider for expecting couples: An all-expenses-paid birth photography, “Fresh 48” photography for newborns (usually at the hospital, within 48 hours of birth), family and lifestyle photography shoot for after the baby is born.
More Gifts for Couples Who Are Expecting
- Mom and Dad Est. Sign – As sweet as it sounds
- Willow Tree Hand Painted Figure of expecting couple
- Mama, Papa, Baby Bear Matching Shirts
20. Best Gift for Couples with Kids: Time
This one is pretty self-explanatory! Couples with kids love spending time with their little ones, of course. But date nights and alone time together will always be an essential component to any happy relationship.
With that in mind, here are some ideas to work with if you choose to give the gift of time: a date night (or nights) out on the town, a weekend getaway, a concert or play or sports event, an afternoon all to themselves.
Tip: A DIY coupon book like this one is a great way to offer “time” coupons that parents can “cash in” whenever they need to!
More Gifts for Couples with Kids
- Something from the Geocaching Shop for couples who like Geocaching
- Neighborhood Library Box – the whole family will love discovering (and giving) new books
- Family Photo Puzzle, for littles and bigs!
21. Best Gift for Couples Who Are Retired (But Still In Love): Sweethearts Bird Feeder
If your parents are now both retired, or one of them is getting ready to join the other in this new chapter of life, consider getting them something they can relax to and enjoy together.
Something like this custom engraved “sweethearts” bird feeder would make a wonderful choice…
Imagine your mom and dad sitting on the back porch with a nice glass of something delicious, watching the birds together and harking back days gone by.
This gorgeous bird feeder is made from cedar wood, meaning it’s going to last a very long time, even outside.
It comes custom engraved with the initials of the two sweethearts carved inside of a lovely heart. Optionally, you can add engraving on the back panel as well, if you wanted to include a special personalized message.
More Gifts for Couples Who Are Retired
- LegacyBox Digitizing Kit for re-watching all those cherished home movies together
- Home Sweet Home Coordinates Sign
- Walnut and Maple Wood Bottle Opener, especially for the new retirees
More Couples Gift Ideas
For even more great gift ideas – many of which can be personalized and given as a couples gift – click here.