Last Updated on August 20, 2021
What is a good gift for the budding tween-ager in your life? No longer a little child, but not quite a teenager, tweens are in the ages between 9-12.
This makes the 9 year old a difficult age to buy for. We have compiled a quite a list of gift ideas for that precocious nine year old in your life.
You are welcome!
Best Gifts for 9 Year Olds
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
Best Overall: Lego Bricks
Lego blocks are an ALL-TIME favorite. This set has 790 pieces for hours of building entertainment. Let your child’s imagination run wild.
This set is ideal for boys and girls ages of 4 and up. Parents will probably enjoy it too!
9 Year Old Gifts for Boys: Punching Bag
Here’s a great way to exercise and burn off some of that excess energy.
Adjustable height settings mean you can set the bag to your child’s height. Made from durable PU leather for years of fun. Just fill the base with water or sand, and your child will be ready to play.
9 Year Old Gifts for Girls: Personalized Night Light
This nightlight is so cute. Stars, moon, a cloud, and your child’s name make this a gift to be remembered. No more waking up to a dark room. This nightlight gives a soft glow and comfort to any bedroom.
This light measures 6″ x 6″ and features a laser engraved acrylic plate.
Best Books for 9 Year Olds: “Magic Tree House” Book Set
Reading never goes out of style and allows your child to be transported from their own world to another just like this book!
Reading for pleasure can benefit a child’s education, social and cognitive development, wellbeing, and mental health.
Does your kid just love reading? Here are some more book ideas your 9 year old will love:
- Harry Potter
- Ranger‘s Apprentice
- Wingfeather Saga
- The One & Only Ivan
- Walk Two Moons
- Chronicles of Narnia
Best Backyard Toys for 9 Year Olds: Scavenger Hunt Box
In this educational game, your child will be asked to find specific items. What do you think your child would choose to bring back if they were asked to find something in the shape of a circle, something with a label or sticker on it? How about something bumpy?
This is a fun way for your child to explore his surroundings. This is a game that can be played over and over again.
Best School Gifts for 9 Year Olds: Personalized Pencils
These #2 pencils are perfect for school. Add some pizazz with some personalization. You can add a name or even a little message.
This is a nice surprise for any child; boy or girl.
Building Kits for 9 Year Old: Nuts n’ Bolts
A very creative way for your child’s imagination to take over.
By following the illustrated instructions (included in each of these kits), your child can easily transform these nuts, bolts, and shapes into an animal friend. Then, take each one apart and follow the directions even further to build two more unique creations! This building set will give your child a creative outlet and hours of fun.
Summer Gifts for 9 Year Olds: Dream Catcher Kit
Each Kit comes with instructions and materials to make the perfect mini dream catcher. These are great for a group activity or working alone.
With seven color choices, you are sure to be able to pick your child’s favorite color.
Your child will have feelings of pride and accomplishment upon completion of this fun kit.
Gifts for Science Loving 9 Year Olds: Simple Machines
A fantastic gift for the young mechanic.
With this kit, your young engineer can build 60 different working models. These models cover the subjects of levers, the wedge, the wheel and axle, the screw, the inclined plane, and the pulley. Plus the more advanced mechanisms of gears and linkages.
5 multi-page booklets with theory, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions are included with each kit.
Meaningful Gifts for 9 Year Olds: Love Letter Blanket
A sweet love letter to hug your child! Make it extra personal by using your own handwriting, or keep it simple by using a font.
Perfect for your youngster to snuggle in and enjoy their favorite cartoons.
This child-size blanket measures 37″ x 52″, it is 100% cotton and machine washable.
Christmas Gifts for 9 Year Olds: Little Monsters Craft Kit
Encourage imagination and learning with this Little Monsters Craft Kit. This set introduces the timeless art of sewing and encourages imagination and creativity. Children feel so proud to complete each project.
This creates hours of fun while learning an ageless skill. Great for one child, a group of kids, or even a craft party.
Children can create up to five monster projects including an iPhone case or wallet.
10 More 9 Year Old Gift Idea
1. TickleMe Plant
This touch-sensitive plant moves when you tickle it. Even the branches of this plant will move up and down when touched. Tickle the very sensitive plant and the leaves will close.
Everything your child needs to grow the TickleMe Plant is included in this kit. The greenhouse and flower pots can be used over and over again.
2. DIY Bracelet Maker
This DIY collection makes the perfect craft night activity. Have a stretchy bracelet party with family or friends.
You have four kit options to choose from to help your young jewelry maker get started. Enter a maximum of five words or names to add to your DIY set. This pack includes everything you’ll need to make at least five stretchy bracelets.
3. 3D Dinosaur Nightlight
This is an exciting 3D nightlight. The T-Rex can be changed to 16 different colors. Who wouldn’t feel safe when a T-Rex is protecting you while you sleep?
The dinosaur nightlight can be powered by 3-AA batteries (not included) or 5V USB cable connected to your PC.
4. Adopt Wildlife
Surprise your child with a “symbolic” adoption of a wild animal! How exciting to learn about the animal that they have taken under their wing. Your child can adopt anything from an African Elephant to a Zebra. There is a wide list of animal species to choose from.
This is a spectacular gift for any animal lover.
5. Crankity Brainteaser
Get your child’s brain cranking with this challenging puzzle. Crankity Brainteaser encourages problem-solving, critical thinking, and concentration. This game is perfect to keep your children occupied in the car.
With four levels of problem solving, this will keep your child busy for hours. Think you can solve the puzzle?
6. Custom Bobble Head
Custom bobble heads are adorable. A beautiful way for immortalizing your child and the most important people in his/her life. Capture that special moment in this handcrafted, polyresin sculpture.
This is a gift to be treasured for a lifetime.
7. Music Backpack
This sheet-music backpack is durable and will stand the test of time. With this backpack, your child can take their love of music everywhere they go. Easily holds school books and other necessities.
Surprise your music maestro with this premium backpack!
8. Personalized Rolling Pin
What is more fun than baking with your little chef? How about baking with this personalized rolling pin? Add her name and a choice of patterns and you will be set.
This rolling pin is the perfect size for your child to create that special treat.
9. Fur Blanket
Let your child’s love for their fur-baby be on full display with this blanket. This is a sweet masterpiece that your youngster will love. Whether they are crawling in bed for the night, or watching a favorite movie; they will be wrapped in the love of their special pet.
It’s as simple s 1,2,3 to order this sensational gift.
Are you brave enough to buy this personalized harmonica for your aspiring musician? Just choose a font and add your personalization and this beautiful instrument will be on its way.
The size is 4″ x 3/4″.
9 Year Old Party Ideas
Scavenger Hunt: Boys or girls would have fun with this! It can be done in the house, in the backyard, around the neighborhood, or all around town (with a few parents serving as chauffeurs).
Crafting Party: Choose a theme that your child loves. This might involve painting a picture, creating ceramics, building a birdhouse or any other crafty item you can think of.
Pampering Party for Girls: DIY pedis and manis. Serve finger foods and Kool-Aid. Fun!
A Video Game Party for Boys: Throw a video game-themed party complete with video game competitions, a tournament bracket, and prizes.
9 Year Old Birthday Quote
- Chomp down chunks of cake, eat ice cream like never before. I know it’s tough, but somebody’s gotta do it. Welcome to the world of 9-year-olds.
- Aliens from the 9 planets wish you a Happy Birthday.
- You’ve been loved for 9 years. That’s 108 months. That is equal to 468 weeks. Or 3,285 days. Also, the same as 78,840 hours. Or 4,730,400 minutes. And Counting.
- Level 9 Unlocked… Awesome since 2012.
With all of these ideas, hopefully you have found at least one that fits your young one.
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered. H...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a c...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- 44 Best Gift Exchange Games & Clever Ideas for the Holidays How can I make my gift exchange more fun? Are you tired of just drawing names for the yearly holiday gift exchange? You want to breathe some new, c...
- 12 Thoughtful Gifts for Adult Children If you're in the market for gifts for adult children, you likely need a little inspiration finding the best ones. You know the days are long gone w...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for a...