Gifts can be tricky, especially for a pre-teen.
We’ve taken the hard part over for you and compiled a list of some great gift ideas that straddle the two worlds of a ten year old: Still a child, yet yearning to be in that cool-kid teenager stage.
Take your time looking this list over; you will be sure to find at least one gift to suit your 10-year-old. Can’t decide? Give more than one!
Best Gifts for 10 Year Olds
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Best Overall: Kid-Friendly Phone
The Gabb phone is specifically designed for kids. Easy and safe to use.
There is no internet, social media, or games, just the essentials to keep your child connected and productive.
- Text, call, and contacts
- Camera, photos, video, sound recording
- Music and radio, with Bluetooth connection
- Calendar, calculator, clock
- No app store, games, or social media
Kids and teens with a Gabb Phone live life outside the screen. They are free from the pressures and distractions.
And best of all, no cyberbullying or screen addiction. They love how the phone helps them to do real stuff in the real world.
Editor’s note: We got one of these phones for our daughter, and it’s exactly as advertised. The best part is there are no requests to download this or that app, as it is not even possible (there is no app store). This service turns the phone back into a tool, rather than letting it default into an entertainment center.
2. Best 10 Year Old Gifts for Boys: Instant Camera
The Fuji Mini 9 camera provides high-quality instant photos in just over 90 seconds. So imagine the fun your boy will have capturing those fun times with his friends! The perfect picture size for sharing.
This camera will make memories to be cherished forever.
3. Best 10 Year Old Gifts for Girls: Sleepover Party Game
Get those sleeping bags ready and turn on the lights -The fun is going to start because it’s time for a sleepover party.
The giggles and fun will start with this party game. There are over 200 stunts, performances, and activities included.
Spin the spinner to pick one of the three categories – Act It, Work It, or Party. Your girls will enjoy being silly, singing, dancing, and acting out the challenges they are presented with.
Make a lifetime of memories at the next sleepover.
4. Best Books for 10 Year Olds: Percy Jackson Box Set
Percy Jackson is a favorite of girls and boys alike.
Your kids will accompany the son of the sea god, Poseidon, and his other demigod friends. They will go on a series of quests that will face monsters, gods, and conniving figures from Greek mythology.
They’ll have fun learning mythology and getting acquainted with Percy.
A delightful gift your kids will prize.
5. Best Backyard Toys for 10 Year Olds: Solar Balloon
Get your kids outside and moving. Experience the power of the sun with a balloon that scientifically floats.
Fill this 50-foot balloon with air. Then, as the sun’s rays hit the dark surface of the balloon, heat is absorbed, and the air inside begins to warm up. Since warm air is less dense than cool air, the balloon begins to float higher and higher.
You’ll be turning scientific learning into fun.
6. Best School Gift for 10 Year Olds: Personalized School Supplies
These hand-made personalized pocket folders are perfect for staying organized in school.
Personalize your child’s name and subject on the front of the folder, and watch their delight as they unwrap their very own school, craft, and writing supplies.
These standard-sized folders are stylish, fun, and just plain cool!
7. Best Crafting Gift for 10 Year Olds: Mosaic Art
This fantastic kit includes all your child needs to make their mosaic. First, they need to follow the template and glue the stones in place. Easier to make (yet more creatively expressive) than a jigsaw puzzle.
A real mosaic artist has perfectly cut the natural stones from Tunisia. Children will discover just how easy and fun mosaics can be.
8. Best Outdoor Gift for 10 Year Olds: Tactical Bracelet
This paracord bracelet is perfect for the camper or hiker! The bracelet is a survival kit. It is complete with five kinds of survival equipment: 12-foot parachute rope, an emergency whistle, a compass, flint, and a rope cutter.
Not only will your child feel safe, but you will feel safe, too, knowing you provided this quality tool.
If your kids like the outdoors, this is a great gift.
9. Best Gift for Music Loving 10 Year Olds: Guitar Lessons
Playing guitar can be a daunting task for beginners, especially if the guitar is too big for little hands.
Loog solves this problem by making three-string guitars in suitable sizes. With this guitar, your kids can play songs on day one. They will be feeling rewarded and encouraged to keep on playing and learning.
This music learning system allows a smooth transition from a three-string to a six-string guitar. The ideal gift of music for the beginner!
10. Most Meaningful Gift for 10 Year Olds: Expressive Figurines
This cute statue represents a spirited little girl. She is probably contemplating how to solve life’s biggest challenges.
Willow Tree has great figures to start your little one’s collection. These statues are sure to bring a smile to her sweet face.
11. Best Christmas Gift for 10 Year Olds: Personalized Lamp
This is a hand-made, customized 3D lamp. Show your love by having your child represented on this unique piece of art. You can add a small note on the wooden base of the light too.
Works great as a night light or a cute decoration.
10 More 10 Year Old Gift Ideas
All sorts of gifts for all sorts of kids!
12. Happy Birthday Cookie Bouquet
A sweet way to say “Happy Birthday.” This cookie bouquet gift is one they can share or keep all to themselves!
These sugar cookies are baked fresh and hand-decorated. Sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face.
13. SmartLab Natural Lip Balm
Your birthday girl can create her very own line of lip balm. This kit comes with everything she needs to create lip balms and lotion bars for herself and her friends.
Just the right size to carry in a pocket or purse.
Make science fun and discover the science behind smooth lips!
14. 10th Birthday Newspaper
Your child will be front-page news on this newspaper poster!
This hand-made poster is a cool way to wish that special 10-year-old a very Happy Birthday. They’ll feel like a celebrity.
15. Ant Jungle
Get your child the ultimate ant farm.
Your kids will watch as their ants build tunnels that connect all the different openings, wind around the food maze at the center, and haul supplies across the bridge.
Included with this exciting adventure are easy instructions for preparing food, providing water, collecting, and taking care of ants.
16. 3D Coloring Puzzle
These 3D art coloring puzzle sets are so nifty. Your birthday girl or boy will have hours of fun coloring and assembling this animal art!
This fun set comes with four puzzles and twelve water-soluble markers. This will get those creative juices flowing.
17. Real Construction: Desk Lamp
Let his engineering skills shine bright by building this amazing color-changing lamp. The power tool and wrench make it easy to assemble this high-quality stainless steel and plastic lamp.
Uncomplicated construction with step-by-step instructions and an included power tool to help make building easy.
18. Interactive Anatomy Figure
This is a fun way for your child to learn about the human body. They will discover interesting facts about the way their bodies work.
The human anatomy STEM toy will challenge your child and ignite their natural curiosity.
Standing at 14” tall, it comes with full articulation.
Editor’s note: That’s my 10-year old building this in the picture. It’s a fun puzzle, and disingenuously educational to boot!
19. Kids Against Maturity Board Game
Fun family game night with “Kids Against Maturity” board game. One game set includes 500 question and answer cards and a storage box.
Silly but age-appropriate toilet humor can be enjoyed by all ages. Those who don’t appreciate flatulence jokes may not approve. Any cards you disapprove of can also simply be removed.
One thing is for sure; it will get your kids away from their phones and video games for a hilarious night of family fun!
20. This Girl is Now 10
Celebrate those “double digits” with this stylish T-shirt. Let everyone know she is fast approaching the teens.
With six vibrant colors to choose from, she is sure to get her favorite!
Make it extra special by adding her name to the back of her new T.
21. Personal Daily Journals
Add the birthday girl’s name to this leatherette journal. Her journal has 112 lined pages and a black satin ribbon bookmark. She’ll enjoy writing out her thoughts, poems, or even sketches. Let her creativity come to life.
You can choose from twelve great colors.
10 Year Old Party Ideas
Throw an art party. Provide art supplies (painting, crafts, collages, sculptures, etc) and have everyone create their own work of art! Bonus: It will serve as their take-home party favor.
Outdoor scavenger hunt. Scavenger hunts are always fun. Divide into teams, or have individuals race for the prize.
Have a pool party. Splash! Everyone will love to cool off during the warm summer months with a pool party. If you have a pool already, this is a no-brainer. Otherwise, decent-sized top-ring inflatable pools are pretty reasonably priced so you can get one or two depending on how many kids are coming. Then your kid(s) will have a pool to enjoy for the rest of the summer – win-win!
Take everyone to an amusement park. Most have party rooms that you can rent, but everyone will be having too much fun riding the rides and playing all the games! You can always meet back at the house for cake and present-opening later.
10 Year Old Birthday Quote
- You have been loved for: 10 Years (also 120 months), That is 521 Weeks, which equals 3650 Days – and Nights, or 87,600 Hours, which is 5 MILLION two hundred and fifty-six thousand Minutes!
- Congratulations on your first “two” digit birthday.
- Hugs, Kisses, and Happy 10th Birthday Wishes.
- A new world starts at 10. Happy Birthday.
- It’s terrific to be 10.
This is a great time for the birthday boy and girl. But, 10 is a magic number that comes along only once. So, let it be extra special with one or more of these exceptional gifts.
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- The 20 Most Classy Wine Quotes of All Time At Northwest Gifts, some of our most enduringly popular items are from our Wine Decor and Wine Barrel collections, and we also love customizing our p...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...