Last Updated on February 13, 2022
Having trouble figuring out how to wish someone this Valentine’s Day? Looking for the right words? Well, there are plenty of sweet ways to say I love you!
We’ll help you write something special in your Valentine’s Day cards for your loved ones. Read on for the sweetest Valentine’s Day messages and wishes – and be inspired!
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
10 Best Valentine’s Day Messages
1. True love is the ultimate experience. I’m fortunate enough to have found it with you. Happy Valentine’s Day to the love of my life!
2. Henry Miller once said, “The only thing we never get enough of is love, and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” I love you forever.
3. Thanks for putting up with me. You’re my forever love!
4. Every time I look into your eyes, I fall in love again. My heart is all yours.
5. I fall in love with you just a bit more every day. You make life feel like a fairytale.
6. Frank Morgan rightly says that, “A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” Your love means the world to me, and I will love you forever!
7. You are the sweet flower that will bloom forever in my heart. I love you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
8. You’re an addiction that I never want to get over. Thank you for being my everything. Happy Valentine’s Day!
9. Aristotle once philosophized that “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” You fill my life with such unity of purpose, I just love the way our hearts intermingle in love. I cannot imagine a day without you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
10. I love you so much! Happy Valentine’s Day, dear.
Sweet Valentine’s Day Quotes for Her
11. You’re my sweetheart, now and always. I’m so happy to spend this Valentine’s Day loving you!
12. Our love was written in the stars. All I need is you to be by my side. Happy Valentine’s Day my love!
13. You’re the Queen of my heart. I’m so lucky to have you. I’ll love you always and forever! Happy Valentine’s Day!
14. I can’t wait for the day I can call you ‘my wife.’ But for now, I am overjoyed to call you ‘my Valentine.’ I love you!
15. When you’re in my arms, I feel like the luckiest person on the planet. Thank you for being my Valentine. Now, I’m going to shower you with kisses all day long!
16. The Persian poet Rumi is quoted as saying, “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” Thank you for showing me what true love is all about, every single day we are together. That’s what makes every day with you special, including this one. Happy Valentine’s Day!
17. I wanted to buy you roses, but I thought they might get jealous of your beauty.
18. My heart beats only for you. You’re my world! I love you more than you will ever know.
19. Your presence and love have made me the richest man in the world. You’re always in my heart, from February 14th all the way ‘round to February 13th and every moment in between. I love you.
20. David Viscott once said, “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” The warmth of your love has managed to make me smile every single day we have been together.
21. When I fell in love, you were there to catch me. I love you with all of my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day!
22. You are the reason love and happiness are in my heart. Thank you for completing me with your love.
23. Thank you for being with me and loving me even at times when it’s difficult to do so. Happy Valentine’s Day, honey!
24. When you’re with me, I feel like the richest man in the world. I simply adore you. Be mine, my sweet Valentine!
25. To me, every moment spent with you is precious. Happy V-Day, my love.
26. I promise to be a perfect man for you and protect you till my last breath. Happy Valentine’s Day!
27. George Burns liked to say, “Love is a lot like a backache. It doesn’t show up on x-rays, but you know it’s there.” Well, isn’t that the truth for the two of us! Our backs may ache, but our love ever remains.
28. You are the Valentine of my life. Stay the night and I’ll show you how much I love you 😉
29. Can I trade my chocolate box for a bunch of your kisses, please? I love you endlessly, my darling.
30. The phrase “I love you” isn’t nearly powerful enough to express how I feel about you. I don’t think there ever would be enough words to express my true feelings towards you. So I am left with two messages for you: I wish you the happiest Valentine’s Day; and: I love you more than words can say.
Thoughtful Valentine’s Day Messages for Him
31. Because of the way you show me love, care, and affection every single day, I know that I have the most wonderful man by my side. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love!
32. Being with you is my every dream come true. You are and will always be the love of my life! Awake or asleep, near or far, through thick and thin, I love you.
33. Nobody understands me like you do. That is only part of what makes you the man of my dreams. Happy Valentine’s Day, my handsome!
34. You are amazing just the way you are. I can’t, won’t, and don’t want to stop loving you, ever. Thank you for being my Valentine.
35. Thank you for every moment you devote to our love. You make me feel all warm and cozy inside.
36. George Sand has said, “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” My love for you gives me joy and pure happiness in equal measure with the love you give to me. I love to be with you. Plus, you make Valentine’s Day fun!
37. My life is beautiful because I have the most phenomenal person in my life. I love you so much.
38. I’m so happy to have you in my life. May our hearts forever beat as one.
39. Thank you for making my life beautiful! I want to keep you forever with me, no matter where life takes us! And I’ll love you till my last breath!
40. The way you love me takes my breath away. Thank you for making my life so utterly perfect. Happy Valentine’s Day to my special man!
41. You are the man of my dreams. I feel like the luckiest and the happiest woman alive. Happy Valentine’s Day, my husband!
42. To my wonderful hubby, I promise to make every day feel like Valentine’s Day. Kisses, kisses, and more kisses.
43. Thoughts of you keep me awake at night. I think every day is Valentine’s Day when you are with me.
44. You are one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. Without you, nothing makes sense. Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day – you are my rock and the love of my life!
45. You are the greatest man I have ever met. I am blessed in having your love and getting to love you in return. I love you forever!
46. You are my most valuable treasure! Loving you is now my favorite hobby. Plenty of love and tons of kisses for my Valentine! Stay blessed dear!
47. I feel so lucky to have you right beside me. I will never get tired of loving you; it’s like winning the lottery every single day. Plus, I get to have you for my Valentine!
48. You have been such an amazing friend and a supportive partner. Your hugs are warm and your kisses are sweet. Happy Valentine’s Day!
49. Your love makes my world bright and cheery and colorful. I love you more than you know. Happy Valentine’s Day!
50. Nothing in this world can ever make me more delighted than knowing that we belong to each other. Happy Valentine’s Day.
Related: 27 Romantic Gifts for Men
Valentine’s Day Messages for Kids
51. You are my sunshine. I’ll love you always and forever!
52. Happy Valentine’s Day, baby doll. You always brighten up my day.
53. You are and always will be in my heart. I love you heaps upon heaps.
54. Nothing in my life is more precious to me than you. You are my angel and I love you a lot!
55. So many smiles and laughter begin with you. Thank you for filling my life with love. I adore you, little one!
56. John Updike observed that “We are most alive when we are in love.” Your face lights up my world. Without you, there would be no me. Your love makes me feel alive – it’s as simple as that!
57. Knock, knock! It’s Valentine’s Day! You’re my favorite person, and you rock!
59. I hope you have the best day today! Enjoy some cupcakes and candies that are as sweet as you are.
59. We understood what true love is the moment we became your parents. Love, Mommy and Daddy.
60. No one lights up my world like you. Thank you for filling my life with so much love.
61. Candies and chocolates are sweet, but no one is sweeter than you.
62. It’s so easy to love you, my little sweetheart! You’re simply the best kid, and I wish you the best Valentine’s Day ever!
63. I have the best Valentine in the whole world… It’s you!
64. I want you to know how much I love you. Always, always, always and forever. Thank you for filling my life with love.
65. Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter. You deserve to feel loved today.
66. Happy Valentine’s Day to my wonderful girl. I hope you have a day filled with sweets and fun, love and laughter!
67. Happy Valentine’s Day to an adorable and sweet girl. I love you so much.
68. Happy Valentine’s Day to the world’s cutest and most charming boy! Wishing you an amazing and fantastic day!
69. What’s better than ice cream and candies? You are, of course! Love you loads!
70. Watching you follow your heart makes me proud to be your parent. I love you more than a million boxes of chocolate kisses!
Valentine’s Day Messages for Classmates & Teachers
71. There’s nothing better than spending this Valentine’s day with you. You’re the best.
72. I know that I’ve got the most special amazing person by my side. Happy Valentine’s Day!
73. I feel blessed to have you as my best friend and partner in crime. Let’s have more fun together. Happy Valentine’s Day buddy!
74. Thank you for everything you do for me. You’re the best teacher ever, and I wish you the best Valentine’s Day!
75. You are the most amazing and sweet person I’ve ever met. Happy Valentine’s Day!
76. You are my shining star! You guide me through the darkness. Thank you for being such an amazing friend. Happy Valentine’s Day!
77. Jean de La Fontaine says that “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” That’s exactly true for you and me. You’re my favorite person and my very best friend!
78. Have an amazing Valentine’s Day. Let’s make it the best one you have ever had. I wish you all the best in the world!
79. I love having you as a great friend and classmate. I appreciate your kindness, your intelligence, and your sense of humor. Stay sweet forever. It’s Valentine’s Day!
80. You have sparked a passion for learning in your students. Happy V-Day to my favorite teacher!
81. You make learning fun and are one of the best teachers in this school! Thank you for everything!
82. I may have forgotten to do my homework but I did remember this card for you. Happy Valentine’s Day to my sweetest teacher!
83. I am really excited about giving you a V-Day card. Just thinking what would you say if I told you that I have a crush on you?
84. You’re my best friend and favorite classmate. Happy V-Day, you rock!
85. Classmates are like family: We’re together a lot, we argue, we help each other out, and deep down inside we really do care for one another. Wishing a Happy Valentine’s Day!
86. Valentine’s Day gives a chance to express our inner feelings to the loved ones who are special to us. I hope you create some amazing memories this February 14th.
87. Happy Valentine’s Day to my classmate and partner in crime who has helped make school life not only bearable, but also kinda wonderful. You’re the best!
88. You have proved yourself as a great teacher, and I appreciate your contributions to my life. Thank you so much for being an inspiration for me!
89. We always had one thing in common – hatred for studies. Cheers to this wonderful equation: You + Me = A+ in friendship, D+ in grades! Haha. Let’s have an amazing V-Day together!
90. Nicole Richie once said, “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.” You are that very thing for me.
More Super Sweet Valentine’s Day Messages
91. So many of my smiles begin with you. I love you with all my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day!
92. When two hearts come together in love, nothing more is ever needed. This Valentine’s Day message is just a faint reflection of the love we share in our hearts. I love you, my sweetest!
93. Victor Hugo liked to say that “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” Thank you my love for all the happiness you’ve helped create in my life!
94. I love you more than all the stars in the sky. Can’t wait to kiss you on Valentine’s Day.
95. You are my dream come true. I love you so much. Happy Valentine’s Day!
96. Here’s a great line from Bram Stoker’s Dracula: “I have crossed oceans of time to find you.” I would do the same if ever we were apart. I am so thankful to be with you this Valentine’s Day!
97. Thank you for satisfying me in so many ways! You own my heart. Be my lover forever.
98. You bring in my life all the joy and love. Keep me in your heart forever.
99. When we’re together, anything that happens is just a dream come true. Happy Valentine’s Day my love!
100. Actress Sarah Bernhardt wrote that “Your words are my food, your breath is my wine. You are everything to me.” Truer words were never spoken about you, my sweetest Valentine.
101. “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.” As with the Song of Solomon, “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” It’s you, my darling, companion, sweetheart, and soulmate.
For over a 100 more Valentine’s Day quotes for the whole family, click here!
Best Valentine’s Day Cards
Bonus! Here are some great ideas for cards that you can buy or DIY. Enjoy these sweet, funny, and romantic Valentine’s Day card messages, and share the love!
There’s Nobody Else I’d Like to Share This Rise With
To My Dearest Love
Just a Couple of Love Birds
I Choose You
Love is Too Small a Word for What I Feel for You
Our Love is Kind of a Big Deal
Loved You Yesterday, Love You Still, Always Have, Always Will
Thanks for Feeding Me & Saying I’m Pretty
Happy Valentine’s Day, Babe. I Won When I Met You
We Go Together Like Avocado and Toast
My Heart Only Beets for You
Thanks for Pretending that You Love Me More than Video Games
Thank You For Keeping My Feet Warm
Orange You Glad We’re Friends
I Think You’re Dino-Mite!
Just Another Cheesy Valentine!
Thanks for Not Being Just Another Weirdo on the Internet
Read Next: 10+ Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- 50 Perfect Retirement Gifts That Retirees Actually Love What's a better excuse for a party than a retirement? We can't think of anything! And what are some great retirement gifts for the well-deserved gu...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- 101 Best Old Age Jokes for Birthday Cards Getting old is no joke. **Pregnant pause.......** Of course it is! Getting old is hilarious. With each passing year, it's best to share a lau...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered. H...
- 3rd Anniversary Gifts: Best 3-Year Ideas (Traditional & Modern) Whew! You made it through the first two years of wedded bliss. "They" say the first two years are the hardest. Let's hope so. Marriage is a beautif...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for a...