Film lovers, rejoice! We have got you covered. Sure, another DVD of Casablanca is good too, but here are some more unusual and unique gifts for that movie buff in your life.
And if that movie buff is you… well, happy birthday! Treat yo’self!
Top 21 Gift Ideas for Movie Fans
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Movie on Canvas
Scenes from your (or their) favorite flick are condensed into a one-of-a-kind piece of canvas art, with this absolutely amazing gift. Each color line is representative of a scene from your selected movie, and the best part is: you can pick whatever movie you like!
Sure, you can’t go wrong with Gone With the Wind, Titanic, or Planet of the Apes, but we know movie aficionados have more eclectic tastes.
If you’re looking for something unique and priceless, this is it!
PS: Check out the reviews. People who buy this are very happy campers.
2. Popcorn Machine, Movie Theater Style
It’s nearly impossible to watch a movie without the best theater snack: popcorn! In fact, we’re willing to bet it’s scientifically impossible, or at the very least, would be utterly dismal to do so.
Enter in this fabulous popcorn trolley! The whole house will smell amazing as you pass around buttery dishes of salty popcorn.
All you need now is a soda machine and a candy bar!
3. Top 100 Movies Scratch Off Poster
Whether you scratch them off as soon as possible because you just can’t help yourself, or save them to scratch off after you’ve seen them, this poster is super rad!
And it solves that pesky problem of “what do you want to watch?” not to mention the endless game of scrolling until death.
Related article: The Clean Movie Guide – A Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too
4. Personalized Movie Ticket Stub Shadow Box
How cute is this shadow box? Etched with their names and wedding date (or swap the wedding out for a birthday), this is a great gift that will look so nice on a wall near the movie collection.
They can fill it up with souvenirs from travels inspired by films, ticket stubs, or even their own handwritten movie reviews, whatever they like!
Also a good gift for concert and music lovers.
5. We Go Together Like [Lois & Superman / Bella & Edward / Bacall & Bogie / etc.]
Great for weddings and anniversaries, these customizable bamboo coasters are so cute. You can personalize them however you like, but we love the idea of putting in their favorite movie couple names.
Rhett and Scarlet, Bogie and Bacall, Wesley and Buttercup, Jack and Rose… the list goes on!
To find more cute “we go together like…” quotes check out this amazing article!
6. Inflatable Jumbo Screen for Outdoor Movies
You will officially be gift master when you give them this fantastic inflatable outdoor theater projector! The parties in their backyard will never be the same with this beauty, not to mention date nights.
All you need now is a comfy blanket, warm beverages, and some snacks!
7. Thor Hammer Bottle Opener
For the Marvel lover who also loves a good craft beer, you can’t go wrong with this great Thor bottle opener!
He’ll be cracking open a cold one one after another, smiling all the while with this one. And it’s way too good looking to keep in the junk drawer: nope, this definitely gets a place of honor out on the counter top!
8. Movie Dice
When you just can’t decide what to watch for date night or family movie night, this dice set is the answer.
Making the decision a little easier and a lot more fun, you can choose from all the genres, like Romance, Drama, Action, Comedy, etc.
Of course, once you pick the genre you still have to pick a movie, but hey, we can’t do all the work for you!
9. Personalized Home Theater Sign
For the family who has everything – including that impressive room with the big screen, epic speakers, and surround sound – this personalized movie ticket plaque will make their day!
Personalized with their names and made to look like a vintage ticket, it’s going to look amazing hanging on their wall.
10. Save Ferris T-shirt
80s lovers, we see you! Everyone needs this vintage Save Ferris tee-shirt, so make sure to buy yourself one as well. The smiles it will bring to passerby’s faces will be priceless, because if you know, you know.
After all, life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller.
11. Movie Lover Log Book
Keep track of all the movies you see – whether you loved them or hated them – with this super useful journal.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t watch a film without looking up all the actors on IMDB. This is almost like having your own bunny trail of actors and films at your fingertips!
So next time your spouse says “Hey honey, what was that movie we watched that one time in that one place that had that one guy in it?”, you can confidently flip a couple of pages and answer victoriously.
12. Movie Poster Cards
These movie poster cards are just perfect for collectors. They can be framed and rotated out for instant wall décor, left out as bookmarks, or used as coasters.
For a creative use, send them as postcards when traveling (you know you’re going back to the hotel to watch more movies anyways, so it fits with the theme).
Lots of films to choose from, and you can add customization as well.
13. Labyrinth Door Knockers
If you’re a Labyrinth fan, you will absolutely squeal with delight over these creepy door knockers.
They will be put up so fast they’ll think goblins did it… Super fun for those who love all things David Bowie, Jim Henson, and babes in striped pajamas.
“You remind me of the babe … what babe? The babe with the power …”
14. Hobbit Movie Set Tour
Tour Middle Earth? Um, yes please! This fabulous and oh-so epic tour takes two hours and has your own tour guide (we hope he’s Samwise Gamgee, but can’t guarantee it).
If you’re looking for the perfect honeymoon for LOTR lovers, look no further than this trip from Tinggly.
15. Movie Nights Menu Cook Book
Dinners and drinks inspired by your favorite films? What a great idea! This Movie Night Menus book puts date night on a whole other level, when you are sipping cocktails from classic Hitchcock films, or planning dinner around My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
Plus, the lovely cover makes it a great coffee table book as well.
You may also enjoy: Casablanca Gift Ideas for the Movie Buff
16. Studio Ghibli Kodama Tree Spirit Earrings
What fan of Studio Ghibli’s doesn’t love the tree spirits from the famous anime Princess Mononoke? They will love to show off these handmade tree spirit earrings every chance they get!
Pro Tip: Give them these earrings right before you re-watch Princess Mononoke together for a wonderful surprise. Search up other movies too – for instance, how about Jurassic Park earrings?
Related: Cosplayer Gift Guide
17. Old Time Candy
Movies are always better with a good snack, and you just can’t beat mouthwatering candy! This selection is full of unusual and tasty treats, making it the perfect choice for film buffs who love staying home on a Saturday night.
Or you can sneak a few into the theater… we won’t tell.
18. Make Your Own Stop-Motion Lego Movie Set
Everyone loves Legos and who doesn’t want to make their own movie?! We’ve all daydreamed of the flick we’d love to direct, and now you can with this whimsical Lego stop motion set.
This is amazing for all ages, from the tiniest Sofia Coppola to the wizened Alfred Hitchcock!
19. Ultimate Movie Chair
When it comes time to re-watch the Director’s Cut of the Lord of the Rings, or some of the classic musicals that are so long they actually have intermissions built in, you need a comfy place to put your bones!
Enter in this leather overstuffed massage recliner! Seriously, if you need a gift for your favorite hubby, you will officially be Wife of the Year with this one.
But you know you want one for yourself too, so best consider a matching pair…
20. Movie Inspired Retro Motel Key Fob
Wes Anderson inspired retro motel key fobs are the collection you never knew you wanted until now! Quirky films like Moonrise Kingdom and The Darjeeling Limited have die-hard fans, and they will adore these.
Whether displayed on a wall near their movie collection, or used as a keychain for their car keys, this is sure to be a hit.
21. Personalized Popcorn Bucket
That’s right, we said bucket.
Ain’t nobody got time to refill tiny little bowls when you’re in the midst of an epic battle, a romantic kiss, a swoon-worthy rescue, or the funniest scene ever. These personalized buckets make family movie night complete.
Settle in and get comfy – the show’s about to start!
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered. H...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a c...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- 44 Best Gift Exchange Games & Clever Ideas for the Holidays How can I make my gift exchange more fun? Are you tired of just drawing names for the yearly holiday gift exchange? You want to breathe some new, c...
- 12 Thoughtful Gifts for Adult Children If you're in the market for gifts for adult children, you likely need a little inspiration finding the best ones. You know the days are long gone w...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for a...