You can buy pre-packaged gift baskets for men, but that’s boring.
He deserves better than that, and you know it.
Instead, come up with your own customized gift basket for him. Today, we’re going to give you 100 ideas to put into a DIY gift basket for a special man in your life.
Gift Baskets for Men
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
Here’s the game plan for this article:
- Choose a basket
- Pick a theme
- Items to put in the gift basket
- Customized ideas:
- Personalized gift baskets
- Gift baskets for boyfriend
- I love you gift baskets
- Tactical gift baskets
- …. and so on
Step 1: Choose a Basket
The first thing you’ll need to create a customized gift basket for him is…. a basket.
Of course it doesn’t have to be a literal basket. You can use all sorts of containers, including one that is part of the gift, or simply do a cardboard box.
Here are some ideas:
- Picnic basket
- Cardboard box (pile everything into a cardboard box and decorate or wrap it)
- DIY basket (cut the top off a cardboard box and decorate it or line it with something)
- Six-pack container (perfect for a collection of six gifts)
- Metal beverage tub
- Wooden crate
- Plastic tub
- Decorative fabric bin
- Wooden serving tray
Step 2: Choose a Theme
One of the things in favor of giving a gift basket is that you can give him all those little trinkets and accessories he’s been wanting. Typically this involves a hobby or interest.
Here are a few theme ideas to get you thinking:
- Video games
You get the idea. Well, you know him best, so get thinking!
Next, we’ll talk about actual stuff to put into your giftable creation.
Step 3: Find Items to Put in a Guy’s Gift Basket
The cool thing about gift baskets is: Anything that fits into a basket is fair game!
This might include:
Clothes & Accessories
- Bow ties
- Cuff links
- Aviator sunglasses
- Smart watch / Fitness tracker
- T-shirts – funny, personalized, favorite characters, etc
- Beanie/skull cap
- Newsboy hat
- The Usuals: Hammer, screwdriver, socket set, wrench, etc
- Laser level
- Tie downs
- Snowflake multi-tool
- Moisture sensor
- Flashlight gloves (these are great!)
- First aid kit
- Emergency preparedness “grenade” kit
- Life Straw
- Tickets to a local game
- Jerseys from favorite players/teams
- Team logo caps or beanies
- Hand grip strengthener
- Resistance exercise bands
- Personalized water bottle/tumbler
- Baseball, glove, batting gloves
- Tokens for batting cages
- Boxing gloves
- Speed bag
- Tennis balls
- Membership to gym/club with tennis courts
- Table tennis paddles, balls, & net
- Golf balls, tees, gloves, towel
- Tokens for driving range or mini golf
- Ball pump
- Coach’s whistle
- Plastic sleeves for cards, comics, photos, coins, stamps
- Books/albums for cards, coins, or stamps
- Display cubes for special items
- Niche collecting magazine (and subscription)
- Guidebooks / value guides
- Engraved name plates for special items
- Mug, t-shirt, or sign that says “Not all who wander are lost. Some are looking for [old stamps, baseball cards, cool rocks, seashells, etc].”
More Fun Stuff
- The Screaming Goat
- Sexy stuff (satin sheets, some “mood” music on a cd, a naughty board game, a leopard print banana hammock … you get the drift)
- Potty putter for golf enthusiasts
- A nerdy theme may be just the thing! Fill with comic books, reading glasses, pocket protectors, silly socks, and anything else you like to tease him about.
- A small Lego Architecture set
- Exceptionally Bad Dad Jokes (book)
- This pack of socks that looks like sushi rolls to-go
- A Bob Ross Bobblehead
Customized Gift Baskets for Him
Now it’s time to get a little more specific and thematic with how you curate his basket.
Customize the perfect gift basket for him with one of these personalized ideas or specialty themes.
Personalized Gift Basket Ideas
Your DIY gift basket is going to be personally tailored just for him. Here are some ideas to take the “personalization” to the next level by including an extra-special custom gift.
- Custom engraved tumbler
- Custom coffee mug
- Personalized bobble head doll
- Engraved bamboo coaster set
- Personalized leather keychain
- Custom wall-mounted bottle opener
- Custom handheld bottle/corkscrew opener
- Personalized leather dopp kit toiletry bag
- Personalized pocket knife
- Monogram leather wallet
- Engraved whiskey stones
- Personalized glassware / barware
- Bracelet personalized with family member’s names
Gift Baskets for Boyfriend
He’s stuck with you when you’ve been less than perfect, he’s likely seen you sick at this point at least once, he hasn’t been scared off by any mood swings you may or may not have had, and well, your boyfriend would LOVE a gift basket. What kind of guy is your man anyway? Read on for some ideas for different themes and personalities and find one that fits the bill.
I Love You Gift Baskets for Him
Think romantic and swoon-worthy (men can swoon too, can’t they?). Fill with:
- A bottle of champagne or wine (or sparkling cider if he doesn’t drink alcohol)
- A nice bottle of massage oil/lotion
- Handwritten coupons for your services (these can be naughty or nice!)
- Aphrodisiacs like dark chocolate, figs, strawberries, or spicy chili peppers
- A personalized robe (think thick and lush like you would find in a spa)
- Aftershave or cologne
- A book of poetry
- Portable Bluetooth speakers along with a curated playlist of “mood” music
- A DVD or Blu-ray of the first movie you ever watched together
Tactical Gift Baskets
But what to gift the manly man? The hunter (of your heart), the fishermen (of your dreams), or the outdoorsman (of your fantasies)?
Don’t fret; even the most lumberjack of men secretly love a good gift basket. Here’s what to consider putting in yours!
Note: A basket will be fine, but think about how much more he would love a manly, macho vessel. Something like a new YETI cooler, a toolbox, a fishing tackle box, or even a super cool 007-style briefcase instead!
Any of those will make the perfect container for the following:
- Night vision goggles
- A personalized pocket knife
- LED flashlights (with batteries)
- Military decals for his car
- Wool socks
- New boots
- A compass
- Waterproof watch
- Good quality work gloves
- A subscription to a magazine (Military or US History, or tailor to fit his hobbies)
- Speaking of history, History by Mail is a really cool idea
- An annual pass to the nearest state park
- An annual pass to the nearest Military History Museum or Aviator Museum
- Books on espionage or autobiography of his favorite soldier/historian/war hero
Beef Jerky Gift Baskets
Unless he’s a vegetarian, your man loves himself some beef jerky. There’s just something manly about tearing into some bovine with your strong pearly whites. Give him one of these baskets and he just may bang his chest and drag you off to his cave of love.
There’s no science to this one! Pick your basket and fill to the brim with all the varieties you can find. Don’t forget to get some off-the-wall varieties, like Hot and Spicy, or jerky made from something more exotic than beef: alligator, bison, and antelope are tasty options. Try to add in some locally made ones as well.
Mix in a few things that go well with jerky. This might be fruit, beer, cheese. Or include some camping/hunting/outdoors themed trinkets, like a travel mug, multi tool, pocket knife, hunting targets, ammunition, maybe a funny hunting t-shirt, and so on. He’s going to love it!
Homemade Gift Baskets for Men
Nothing says I love you like something homemade! These ideas to fill a homemade gift basket are sure to please, and some are easy enough for the kiddos to help with.
- Cookie Basket. Fill with homemade varieties, all shapes and sizes. You could even make the basket itself out of cookie dough! (Hey, we’ve seen The Great British Baking Show. We know it’s possible.)
- Photo Gift Basket. Scour your scrapbooks, albums, phone, that old digital camera, and every other place you’ve hoarded away your photographs. Print out the best and frame in simple frames from the dollar store, the thrift store, or have the kids make their own frames out of popsicle sticks!
- Dinner Basket. A baguette, honey butter, pasta sauce, pasta, a bottle of his favorite beverage, and a chocolatey dessert. All or nearly all, homemade of course! All he needs now is a plate and you to share it with. Or better yet, take him out on a picnic date!
- Soap Basket. Know how to make soap? Whip up a manly batch with manly scents like pine, rosemary, coffee, allspice, scotch whiskey, and the like.
Men’s Spa Gift Baskets
Men might not admit to loving pampering as much as women do, but we’re confident they’re just being shy about it. Your hardworking deserves to be taken care of! And he’s going to smell so much better after this basket too. Win-win! Fill your Spa Gift Basket with:
- The Outlaw Bar (whiskey and gunpowder-scented soap)
- A plush robe
- Lotions (with manly guy-scents)
- Hair products (shampoo, conditioner, gels)
- A new razor (trust us, he needs one)
- Nail clippers, file, and cuticle cream
- Bubble bath
- A face mask
- A gift certificate to a salon or for a massage
Alcohol Gift Baskets for Men
Consider using an ice bucket for the “basket.” Fill it (or your more traditional basket/box) with his favorite beverage.
This might be a specialty craft beer, a fine bottle of bourbon, or a rare wine. If he’s into mixed drinks, include everything he needs to make his favorite cocktail.
After you’ve chosen the bottle to serve as the centerpiece of the gift basket, add some accessories.
Here are some great alcohol gift basket ideas:
- Whiskey stones
- Specialty glassware (get it personalized for a special touch)
- A decanter
- Mini alcohol bottles
- Mixers, garnishes, rim salt
- Cigars (or maybe a subscription to the Cigar of the Month Club?)
- A personalized bottle opener
- Cocktail shaker set
- Infused fragrances and soaps
- The Ultimate Bar Book or some other recipe/history book about their favorite drinks
There you have it! Well over 100 ideas for thoughtful, creative, fun, delicious, personalized, and sometimes completely random things to put into a manly gift basket. He’ll love your curated basket of fun, so get to it!
Read next: How to Give Thoughtful Gifts
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Unique Sympathy Gifts to Show Love and Support Let's talk about unique sympathy gifts. You've just learned that someone you care about has suffered the loss of a loved one, and you want to find a...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...