Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Radiologists can be an interesting crowd. If you’re looking for some unique radiologist gift ideas, you’ve come to the right place.
Not so much because we know a lot about radiologists. (I mean, after all, who can truly know another person…. lol jk.) We may not know much* about radiology, but we do know gifts.
*By “not much” we mean nothing at all, really.
So here are our best gift ideas for radiologists and their ilk (yes, we’re looking at you, x-ray techs). From creatively unique to uniquely practical, these are the things we’ve found radiologists tend to like.
We’ve scoured medical chat boards, radiology blogs, and our own experience providing gifts to medical professionals to bring you 21 unique radiologist gift ideas.
21 Unique Radiologist Gift Ideas
Creative and unique gift ideas for radiologists, radiology students, and x-ray professionals.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
1. Vintage Personalized Radiologist Sign
This is our favorite. This Personalized Radiology Plaque has it all: Made in the USA, furniture grade wood, vintage style, distressed finish, and customized.
Oh, and a hand-carved 3-dimensional caduceus medical symbol. The ultimate gift idea for the office of the board-certified radiologist.
2. Personalized Insulated Tumbler for Their Coffee
Here’s a great gift for the radiologist or radiology student on the go. Double walled tumblers are famous for precision temperature control of your beverages, keeping hot drinks hot way longer, and cold drinks cool.
But wait! There’s more… Did you know you can get it custom engraved? Yep, it’s true: just about any text, the radiology department logo, or anything else you choose. Here’s our popular personalized “BEST. EVER.” design.
3. Novelty Pen Set
This fun set of novelty bone pens is just the thing for the radiologist who loves to write.
4. Vintage Radiology Medical Book Page Print
Some radiologists will never want to be reminded of their days in school. Others just absolutely love the details and history and intricacies of their profession.
If the radiologist in your life is like this, they will probably love a vintage art print taken from an actual radiology textbook.
5. Radiologist’s Go Bag
The radiology go bag is a must. Whether the after hours activities involve Jason Bourne-style spy hunts or just a trip to the gym, a solid travel bag is a useful and practical radiologist gift idea.
6. Pour Over Coffee Maker
Show that you know coffee. This is the ultra-hip coffee brewing system of choice these days. The glass helps keep the brew as smooth as possible as every bit of flavor (and caffeine!!) is extracted from a small-batch crafted single-origin fair trade coffee roast.
If they already are set on their coffee making process, you won’t go wrong with a personalized vintage style coffee house plaque instead.
7. 256 Shades of Gray Coffee Mug
Radiology humor at its finest. Give them a laugh, plus a handy coffee mug. Because we know anyone who works in the medical profession basically runs on caffeine.
8. X-Ray: See Through the World Around You
We think of an X-ray as a medical or security tool—but it can be so much more.
As award-winning photographer Nick Veasey shows in this ethereal collection of X-ray photography, the X-ray machine can reveal new and exciting worlds hidden beneath the surface.
The perfect coffee table book for a radiologist.
9. Personalized Commemorative Keepsake Box
A classic commemorative gift. This keepsake box is crafted in the USA from premium walnut wood. It’s no imported knock-off.
Plus it includes free personalization on the name plate, and plenty of room to store letters, jewelry, photos, or keepsakes from life in the medical profession. Perfect as a retirement gift for a radiologist.
10. Portable Neck & Back Massager
The ideal way to unwind and relax after a long day in the radiology department, this back and neck massager will be a much-used gift.
Features include soothing heat, eight kneading rollers, and designed for use not only on the neck and back but also shoulders, waist, mid-sections, arms, legs, and feet.
11. Living Wreath
This pretty decor accent is a “living” wreath, made from natural organic succulents. Long lasting and beautiful, this is a trendy and low-maintenance home decor accent that will breathe life into any room.
12. Bonsai Tree
For a bit more active involvement in botanicals, they may just fall in love with tending a bonsai tree.
These little kits are affordable, fun, and can go just about anywhere. Home or office, there’s always room for a bonsai tree.
13. Oak Aging Barrel
Help kickstart a weekend hobby for the radiologist who has long talked about aging their own wine or whiskey.
This is an authentic barrel made from American White Oak wood and medium char on the interior, perfect for aging whiskey at home. Includes personalization.
14. Anatomical Necklaces
15. Top-Notch Lab Coat
Maybe it’s not as flashy as some of these other gift ideas, but it will certainly be appreciated.
A premium medical lab coat might be the one thing they really want but haven’t bothered to get for themselves. Useful, comfortable, and practical – does this sound like a radiologist you know? Then get it.
16. Craft Beer & Accessories
For the radiologist who has everything, a consumable gift may be the way to go. Here are some gift ideas for the craft beer enthusiast:
- Choice bottles of good local craft beer
- This vintage Beer Connoisseur Plaque (optional custom name board)
- A handy customizable Wall-Mounted Bottle Opener
17. Wine & Accessories
Next, we have the best gifts for a wine connoisseur:
- Pick out some nice vintages at a local winery
- A subscription to a popular wine club like WSJ Wines or Laithwaite’s
- A wine-themed “quarter barrel” sign personalized with their name
- Custom engrave a special corkscrew bottle opener
18. Whiskey & Accessories
And lastly, we round out this triad of popular adult beverage ideas with some whiskey gifts for the radiologist who loves some fine whiskey:
- Custom engraved whiskey aging barrel to use at home
- Whiskey drinking glasses, devices, and containers
- Vintage and customized Whiskey Connoisseur Plaque
- Whiskey bar decor made from the top “quarter” of a barrel
19. Digital Highlighter
Taking notes in the 21st century means you need to go digital.
With this nifty digital highlighter, highlights go from paper directly onto your device. From there, you can access notes and highlights anywhere, in a search-ready format.
20. Unique Radiologist Gift Idea: Drone
Here’s a unique gift for the radiologist who likes to unwind outdoors in creative ways. Ideal for launching a hobby, a drone is a popular gift because it’s good, clean, high-tech fun.
Try the entry level model above or the high-end starter videographer drone here.
21. Radiologist Ugly Christmas Sweater
You won’t regret this when you see your radiologist wearing it faithfully every holiday season.
More creative gift ideas:
- The Personalized Oak Barrel Gift Guide
- Jolabokaflod: A Bookworm’s Favorite Christmas Tradition
- Sarcastic Coffee Mugs to Get You Fired
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 10 Social Worker Gifts to Honor Their Service & Devotion What gift can you give to a social worker that will really honor their service and devotion to their job and to others? Social workers are true se...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...