Last Updated on January 27, 2021
If you’re celebrating a whiskey lover – birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, a new job offer, Christmas, or any other occasion that calls for a gift – here are 30 whiskey gift ideas that will go down real smooth with a touch of class.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
The #1 best whiskey gift idea is, well, whiskey. Get a bottle of their favorite brand, or try something new like High West Whiskey’s American Prairie Reserve blend. For countless ideas and varieties to order online, check out The Whiskey Exchange. (Must be 21 or older.)
2. Make Your Own Whiskey Kit
After a fine bottle of whiskey, the next best gift idea for a whiskey lover is a “Make Your Own Whiskey” Kit. Includes an authentic oak barrel for aging whiskey, wrought iron stand, 3 distinct flavor essences, and cleaning kit. Also available for making Irish Whiskey, Bourbon, and Scotch. The 56 oz glass decanter pictured above is available here.
3. Book – Guide to Urban Moonshining
If they’re into home distilling, you can’t go wrong with Colin Spoelman and David Haskell’s The Kings County Distillery Guide to Urban Moonshining: How to Make and Drink Whiskey. From the publisher’s description:
This spirited illustrated book explores America’s age-old love affair with whiskey. It begins with chapters on whiskey’s history and culture from 1640 to today, when the DIY trend and the classic cocktail craze have conspired to make it the next big thing. For those thirsty for practical information, the book next provides a detailed, easy-to-follow guide to safe home distilling, complete with a list of supplies, step-by-step instructions, and helpful pictures, anecdotes, and tips. The final section focuses on the contemporary whiskey scene, featuring a list of microdistillers, cocktail and food recipes from the country’s hottest mixologists and chefs, and an opinionated guide to building your own whiskey collection.
4. Personalized Glencairn Whiskey Glasses
Glencairn whiskey glasses provide the ideal medium for drinking whiskey. The wide base can easily be cupped in your hand, keeping the whiskey warm.
The top tapers off so that the rim presents a narrower opening, which helps trap the aromas so that each sip allows for full enjoyment.
What’s more, these glasses can be custom laser engraved with any text or logo of your choice.
A set of these glasses is surely one of the classiest whiskey gift ideas, suitable for the true enthusiast.
5. Personalized Decanter & Whiskey Glasses Set
Another classy option for whiskey barware is a nice personalized decanter, preferably with matching engraved glasses. This standard set is available here.
6. Vintage Whiskey Connoisseur Plaque
For anyone who loves old-fashioned flair, check out this Whiskey Connoisseur Plaque, which is custom made in the USA in a classic vintage style and can be personalized with an optional hanging nameboard.
7. Customized Whiskey Bottle-Shaped Plaques
Check out this collection of bottle-shaped distressed wood plaques, customized with the name of your choice and available in a variety of whiskey designs (see plaque 1, plaque 2, and plaque 3 pictured above).
8. Personalized Whiskey Serving Tray
Solid oak wood serving tray, framed by wrought iron completed with sturdy feet and handles. The surface is custom etched with a customizable whiskey label design and antique-style accents. Available at Northwest Gifts.
9. Whiskey Cologne
The signature of a good whiskey is its sweet, heady aroma. Single Malt Whiskey Perfume, by Kilian, has captured that scent and bottled it just for you so that you can present a truly unique whiskey gift.
10. Whiskey Aftershave
A sea mineral-based aftershave infused with whiskey scent. Available from Portland General Store.
11. Classic Whiskey Bar Plaque
Classic design with contemporary flair, this whiskey bar plaque is made from solid wood and personalized with the name and year established of your choice.
12. Customized Whiskey Barrel
Aging your own spirits in oak barrels at home is all the rage these days. For the whiskey lover who has everything, get a customized whiskey barrel personalized with the name of your choice over an authentic distillery label design.
13. Barrel Head Clock
It’s whiskey time! A real working clock made from an authentic oak whiskey barrel head, the Barrel Head Home Bar Clock is complete with personalized laser etching for a nifty home bar piece.
14. Cheers Mate! Whiskey Flask
Cheers Mate! Says the flask. Inspired by classic vintage style, this whiskey flask features a wood printed exterior label complete with a festive and frisky ocean liner.
15. Custom Engraved Whiskey & Games Flask Set
Flask, cards, dice, and shot glasses are all included in this fun whiskey flask set. Includes custom engraving of flask, optional engraving on wood gift box.
16. Personalized Tuxedo Flask
17. Jameson Irish Whiskey Cuff Links
Jameson Irish Whiskey is famous all over the world for its distinct flavor and quality. What better gift than a classy set of Jameson Irish Whiskey Cuff Links for the irish whiskey enthusiast?
18. Jack Daniels Whiskey Soap Dispenser
Transform an old whiskey bottle into a DIY soap dispenser with this nifty pump, which fits perfectly onto a bottle of Jack Daniel’s.
19. Bourbon Whiskey Marshmallows
Marshmallow cubes infused with bourbon. The Wondermade Bourbon Whiskey Marshmallows present a great gift idea for a bourbon whiskey lover with an eclectic taste.
20. Whiskey Travel Bar
Rustic, old-fashioned wood box which contains and displays four mini 2oz bottles of your favorite whiskey varietals for good times to be had anywhere you go. The Whiskey Travel Bar is a great gift idea and a choice accessory for any traveller.
21. Wall Mounted Whiskey Bar
Another mini-bar gift idea: The Wall Mounted Whiskey Bar, crafted by hand from reclaimed wood and etched with the recipient’s favorite word. (BTW the word is “whiskey.”)
22. Personalized Whiskey Quarter Barrel Sign
Another authentic oak barrel head, the Personalized Whiskey Quarter Barrel Sign is finished with a rustic stain and includes staves and steel hoop to give it the effect of the top ‘quarter’ of a whiskey barrel hanging on your wall. Custom laser engraved with the recipient’s name and more, this is a great whiskey gift idea.
23. Stainless Steel Whiskey Cubes
Set of six stainless steel whiskey cubes keeps your whiskey beverage at a cool, refreshing temperature.
23. Whiskey Stones
Another option for those who prefer their whiskey on the rocks – give them rocks. This set of nine Whiskey Stones is fun and unique and comes in gorgeous gift-worthy packaging.
24. 2-in-1 Cigar Holder and Flask
Whiskey and cigars have been the perfect pair for generations of gentlemen. The 2-in-1 Cigar Holder and Flask is a classy engravable whiskey gift idea to suit a classy gent.
25. Sampler Paddle Flight Glass Set
For the whiskey connoisseur who loves to toss back shots or sample an assortment of craft brews, the Personalized Sampler Paddle Flight Glass Set is a fun and unique gift idea to fit in with their taste for whiskey and more.
26. Custom Whiskey Barrel Head Lazy Susan
This Custom Whiskey Barrel Head Lazy Susan will give the recipient a terrific and personalized way to showcase a premier collection of whiskey.
27. Personalized Whiskey Gift Box
Hearty wood box, custom etching, gorgeous glass decanter and shot glasses. The Personalized Whiskey Gift Box, folks.
28. Whiskey Wax Pomade
Featuring a clean refreshing masculine scent with subtle hints of Whiskey & Lime, the Whiskey Wax Pomade is perfect for those seeking an above average hold to stylize their coiffure with a whiff of whiskey.
29. DIY Whiskey Gift Idea: Salted Whiskey Caramels
Here’s one for the DIY crowd: Salted Whiskey Caramels. Delicious!
30. Whiskey Advent Calendar
Bring in the best season of the year with adult-friendly fun. The inventive, old-timey Whiskey Advent Calendar is a great early Christmas gift idea for the whiskey enthusiast.
- Popular whiskey gifts from Northwest Gifts
- Personalized American White Oak whiskey barrels
- Customized metal bar plaques
- Creative hand-made whiskey gifts from Etsy
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Unique Sympathy Gifts to Show Love and Support Let's talk about unique sympathy gifts. You've just learned that someone you care about has suffered the loss of a loved one, and you want to find a...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...