Today, we’re going to give you the 35 best Thanksgiving gifts for teachers.
When we stop to think about the busiest people at the holidays, particularly Thanksgiving, let’s be honest. It’s usually all of those mothers, grandmothers, and aunties who are cooking up a storm in preparation for the big feast that come to mind. And rightfully so!
But you know who else is super busy around that time? Teachers. That’s right, you heard me. Thanksgiving means Thanksgiving break, and Thanksgiving break means countless projects, tests, papers and quizzes are piling up on their poor little desks. So much work, so little time.
Let them know how grateful you are for all of their hard work and wonderful classes with a special Thanksgiving gift. How better to tell them how appreciated they are? While Thanksgiving gifts aren’t the most common in the world, there are plenty of wonderful options out there! We’ve compiled this list of the 35 best Thanksgiving gifts for teachers to help kickstart your ideas.
Best Thanksgiving Gifts for Teachers
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Teach, Love, Inspire Fall Sweaters
How pretty is this fall-themed sweater? So cute and oh-so cozy, it’s perfectly suitable for the classroom while being comfy enough for those late nights spent grading. And it’s available in tons of colors and sizes, so you can find just the right one for them!
2. Thanks a Latte Gift Card Holder
There are few professionals out there that need their coffee more than teachers. Help them fuel that constant need with a gift card to their favorite coffee shop, then wrap it up in this adorable pumpkin-adorned holder. They will be delighted with your thoughtfulness.
3. Thankful For This Teacher Personalized Tumbler
We just talked about coffee and a teacher’s undeniable need for it, didn’t we? Well, how can they keep said hot beverage hot and fresh? With one of these great, personalized tumblers, of course!
You can go with something like “Thankful for This Teacher” or “Best Teacher Ever,” but the choice is yours.
4. Personalized Teacher Earrings
These teacher earrings are just too cute! Personalize them with her name, and she’ll have an adorable accessory that will make her think of you each time she wears them. Handmade with the design printed both front and back, these will be cherished for years to come.
5. DIY Magnetic Cement Planters
Create adorable, magnetic cement planters that make a perfect gift for teachers this Thanksgiving break. Fill with succulents or fall-themed decor — real or fake — with this tutorial that takes only 15 minutes!
6. Best Teacher Ever Potholders
Don’t think just because they have all that grading that they won’t still have tons of baking and cooking to do for the big feast! These adorable teacher potholder/mitt pouches will get them equipped for their baking frenzy.
7. Personalized Teacher Appreciation Candy Jar
These glass candy jars are perfect for keeping those necessary afternoon sweets and student rewards on hand. So cute and personalizable, fill these sweet jars up with their favorite assortment of candies, or maybe nuts or fruit leather for a healthier option.
Need some filler ideas? Check out some of these sweet treats from Old Time Candy!
8. Happy Thanksgiving Candy Bar Wrapper
These adorable, Thanksgiving candy bar wrappers are an easy, affordable way to let them know you’re thinking about them during the holidays! A sweet treat dressed in its Thanksgiving best.
9. Thank You For Helping Me Grow DIY Teacher Gift
Make them feel extra special with a pretty little gift you crafted yourself! Nothing says “thank you’ quite like something made with love by hand. This fun DIY tutorial is just what you’re looking for.
10. Pumpkin Spice Latte Kit
One of the most wonderful things about Thanksgiving? It’s plopped smack-dab in the middle of pumpkin spice season. I mean it makes sense with all those beautiful pumpkin patches and pumpkin pies and pumpkin breads and… you get the idea.
I know there’s a lot of haters out there, but a good pumpkin spice latté or tea or cocoa is like a warm hug for the senses. This fantastic assortment of hot beverage add-ins will thrill them.
Related: Warm & Cozy Gifts
11. Thank You Floral Pumpkin Card
These beautiful, autumnal thank you cards are so special. Fill it up with all of your most grateful sentiments, and they’ll have a lovely keepsake to tuck away. Pop in a pressed fall leaf, a bookmark, or maybe a gift card for something extra special.
12. Free DIY Printable Teacher Thank-You Letter
The youngest kids may not know how to properly express their thanks to their teacher. This simple printable helps them do just that by filling in the blanks in their own handwriting!
Easy and free, yet also cute and meaningful, this is a wonderful way to teach your children to give thanks to those who mean the most to them.
13. Bake Cute Turkey Cookies
Let your kids participate in the gift-giving by baking these adorable (and delicious) Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies! Homemade cookies just carry a special meaning with them, ya know? And these are too cute for words.
14. Teacher Appreciation Keychains
These teacher appreciation keychains are the perfect gift for any teacher, any time. But especially for Thanksgiving! The cute little harvest apples and sweet sentiments will have them smiling each time they look at it.
15. DIY Fall Macramé Rainbow
This adorable Fall Macramé Rainbow craft is simple to make, and a great Thanksgiving craft to decorate and gift to your teacher. They will surely cherish this pretty keepsake for years to come. They can hang it on their desk, from their car mirror, on the fridge at home…anywhere really!
Related: 21 Affordable Gifts for Teachers
16. Morse Code Teacher Appreciation Bracelet
How ingenious is this morse code bracelet? A little bracelet that carries a big message and a lot of gratitude with it. Easily paired with other jewelry or worn alone, this bracelet will become an instant favorite.
17. Gingerbread Caramel Corn
This inviting Homemade Caramel Corn Recipe is made with gingerbread spices and sweet buttery caramel sauce. Share your very own batch of this perfectly sweet and crunchy gingerbread caramel corn with teachers for an easy, homemade, and edible gift.
18. Make A “Junk Journal” From Leftover School Crafts & Homework Assignments
Journals are the perfect thing for teachers and you can customize them for any season! Have your child clean out their school desk and make use of their old papers and crafts, showcasing all that they’ve learned so far this year to their teacher in a unique and fun thank-you gift.
19. Sew a DIY Infinity Scarf Teacher Gift
Tell her thanks by helping her stay warm this fall with a super-cute infinity scarf anyone can sew. Not only is it a great way to help your young ones give thanks to a teacher who has done so much for them, it’s also an easy way to learn or further their sewing abilities. Win-win!
20. Thank You Red Wine Gift Basket
That favorite ethics professor, writing mentor, art instructor — they deserve the world for taking you under their wing. You might not be able to give them the world, but this beautiful gift basket goes a long way in expressing your gratitude.
Filled with the most premium delights and delicacies, they’ll feel so appreciated when they receive it.
21. To An Amazing Teacher Necklace
We couldn’t have said it better. You never forget that one teacher, that one professor that changed your life forever. Give her this lovely necklace as a heartwarming reminder of that special bond you share. So pretty and minimalist, she’ll be able to wear it with anything!
22. So Very Thankful For You Candle
These candles are just wonderful. They will love lighting it on those crisp autumn nights, and letting the warm scents wrap them in that cozy feeling only candles can give. With so many enticing scents available, you can purchase one candle or a whole set for a variety!
23. DIY Leather Keychain
This DIY leather keychain only takes a few minutes to throw together and the result is so cute! There’s a tutorial for two different kinds: a leather tassel keychain and a braided leather keychain. Take your pick or make them both!
24. Lucky to Have a Teacher Like You
This sweet bud vase will look just perfect perched on her classroom desk, or in her home! You can have it personalized just for her too! Pop some pretty fall flowers in it, or even fill it up with some sweets to appease her sweet tooth.
25. Thank You Teacher Silicone Spatulas
These adorable spatulas are perfect for any occasion, but especially the holidays when baking and cooking are done in an abundance. They won’t be able to hold back the smiles while stirring that cookie batter or pumpkin pie filling. Simple and sweet.
26. Easy DIY Essential Oil Teacher Gifts
Make easy essential oil teacher gifts in soothing blends of lavender and refreshing tangerine, or your own choice of fall-themed aromas. Teachers tend to be pretty stressed individuals (speaking from experience here), especially when holiday breaks roll around. These types of essential oils are truly helpful, and they will love them.
27. Thank You for Making a Difference Figurine
There’s just something about a Willow figurine. They’re so beautiful and are a keepsake to be treasured for years to come.
This pretty figurine will certainly earn a place of honor either in their home, office, or classroom. A special, meaningful gift for a very special, meaningful individual. It’s a perfect fit.
28. Custom Engraved Bookmarks
There are few who spend more time in books than teachers! These wonderful, engraved leather bookmarks are completely customizable, and will be so, so useful. And at such a great price point, you could purchase as many as you think they may need!
29. DIY Coffee Scrub
It’s a fact: Teachers thrive on coffee. That’s why this easy DIY coffee scrub is the perfect Thanksgiving gift for teachers. It’s so easy to make that the kids can help you make up several batches in no time, and you’ll have a little something to give to each and every one of your children’s caring instructors.
30. Engraved Fall Lanyards
So fun, creative and absolutely adorable! These engraved fall lanyards are definitely one of the “cute award” winners on this list. Your teacher will love clipping it on their keys or teaching bag (you know… THE teacher bag. They all have one.)
Have it personalized with their name to make it extra special!
31. DIY Adorably Teeny Tiny Wine Cork Succulent Planters
Wine cork succulent planters are a creative way for kids to upcycle mom’s wine corks, and they make such a charmingly great gift! Easy to assemble, they’ll love making these as much as giving them away!
32. Weighted Heart Pillow
This weighted heart pillow will represent all the love you have for them. Always on hand when they need a snuggle, the weight of this wonderfully soft heart is meant to replicate the feeling of a real hug. Now that’s comfort in gift form.
33. DIY Back to School Survival Kit
Here’s a fun teacher gift you can create over the Thanksgiving holiday break — a “back to school” teacher survival kit! Packed with the essentials like pencils, pens, Emergen-C, wet wipes, etc. they’ll be all set to take on the new semester!
34. Pairs Well With Teaching Wine Label
And that I can attest to. These funny (and accurate) wine labels can be edited by you, and then printed and adhered to a nice bottle of vino for that favorite professor. They’ll be oh-so grateful, not to mention tickled.
35. Fall Flowers
How gorgeous is this fall flower arrangement? Beautifully made of lush, fall colored blossoms, it is the perfect “thank you” for everything they’ve done for you. Brighten up their home, office, or classroom and bring warm smiles to their face each time they see it.
Read Next: 100 Best Thank You Gifts
- 44 Exciting Gift Exchange Ideas & Games for the Holidays How can I make my gift exchange more fun? Are you tired of just drawing names for the yearly holiday gift exchange? You want to breathe some new, crea...
- Left-Right Game Gift Exchange [+5 Free Printable Stories] The left-right passing game is a really fun way to do a gift exchange. Whether you're doing a gift swap for the holidays or an office party or just be...
- What to Put on Your Christmas List Are you asking, "What should I put on my Christmas list?" Your family and friends have been bugging you, but you have no idea what to tell them. Well...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 100 Funny Christmas Card Messages [Not TOO Naughty] It's the holiday season! Which means that it's time to write some Christmas cards. Funny Christmas cards. Because laughing is everyone's favorite. So...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're in...
- 12 Thoughtful Gifts for Adult Children If you're in the market for gifts for adult children, you likely need a little inspiration finding the best ones. You know the days are long gone when...
- The 21 Worst Gift Ideas Ever. DO NOT READ These are, without a doubt, the 21 worst gift ideas ever. They're so bad that you probably should stop reading right now. Just go away. We have to do...
- 100 Amazing (& Family Friendly) Gag Gifts to Tickle Your Funny Bone If you search the Hallmark cards, reject the sentimental and sappy ones, and hoard all the hilarious ones, then this post is for you! The best gifts a...
- 200 Simple Birthday Wishes for Everyone, at Every Age When it comes to wishing someone a happy birthday, you want to show your gratitude and love with the right words to say. Often, short and sweet...