Today we’re taking a look at occupational therapist gifts.
Occupational therapists make a difference in the lives of so many every single day. So if you want to show your appreciation for your OT, you’re in the right place.
OT gifts come in all shapes and sizes… as you’ll soon find out! Whether you think they’d most enjoy something for their office, a personalized gift, or a gift for they can use outside of work, we’ve got what you’re looking for.
Best Occupational Therapist Gifts
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
1. Pacific Crest Wooden Therapist Sign
First up on our list of ideas for occupational therapist gifts is this gorgeous plaque from Northwest Gifts.
The Pacific Crest series is unique in that each plaque is handmade right here in the USA, at our shop in the Pacific Northwest.
This particular gift (constructed from stained alder wood and birch ply) can be customized to feature any profession, whether OT, physical therapist, psychiatrist, and so on.
The Staff of Hermes is etched into the center of the plaque, along with personalization of your therapist’s name and any other text you’d like included.
Available in two different sizes.
2. Casual Shoes from Groove Bags
A nice pair of comfy shoes would be welcome by almost anyone in any profession, but perhaps especially by those in the medical field.
Occupational therapists on are their feet a lot, so what could be better than some casual work shoes that also come with a super cool design?
This pair of casual shoes from Groove Bags has been created with the OT in mind. With a cute full-wrap canvas print, high-traction outsoles and a stretchy elastic cuff, this pair of shoes makes for easy everyday statement wear.
3. Custom Engraved Tumbler
Occupational therapists need to stay hydrated* throughout their day just like everyone else.
But sometimes it can be hard to remember to hydrate* when you’re so focused on caring for others.
*you know what we mean
Show your favorite OT how much you care with the gift of a high-quality, custom-engraved tumbler. This vacuum-sealed tumbler is also double-walled, so your OT will be able to enjoy either hot or cold drinks as they see fit.
Engraved with their name along with “Best OT Ever” (or any other phrase you want), this personalized OT gift is sure to be a hit!
Available in several different colors, sizes and styles.
4. Rocketbook Fusion Digital Notebook
If you’re at a loss when searching for the best OT gifts (or gifts for anyone, really), it can sometimes help to turn to tech. Simple tech is best, and the Rocketbook Fusion is simplicity at its finest.
This reusable digital notebook set includes a Pilot FriZion pen to write with – any writing can then easily be sent to a cloud of choice and then the paper wiped clean for another use! Eco-friendly tech at its finest.
Available in several different colors and two different sizes.
5. Personalized Occupational Therapist Gift Necklace
A nice piece of jewelry, such as a necklace, is just right when you’re looking for thoughtful occupational therapist gifts. This beautiful sterling silver necklace comes with an initial charm, a birthstone charm, and a heart-shaped “OT” charm.
“Thank you for your part in my journey” is the message included in the gift box. It’s an appropriate show of gratitude for someone who has made such a difference in your life or the life of someone you love.
6. Vintage-Style Occupational Therapist Sign
There’s just something about this vintage-style professional sign that makes it perfect! The Occupational Therapist Wood Sign would be perfect for the OT who loves the feel of traditional or even old-fashioned office decor.
A handmade resin cast decorates the middle of the sign, and it includes the personalized hanging name plate with the name and details of the OT recipient. Measures an impressive 24″ x 11″ high.
7. Cool Human Anatomy Office Art
This one’s for the cool occupational therapist. If your OT isn’t one for vintage-style decor, maybe there’s more of a chance they’d enjoy this music-inspired office wall art.
A blend of human anatomy, nature and a guitar, this watercolor is almost minimalist in nature.
Each work of art is printed on museum-quality archival paper and available in several different sizes.
8. Motivate Mug
This isn’t your everyday “World’s Best OT” mug. Nope. It’s a mug that subtly gets at the heart of the matter – the heart of what an occupational therapist’s job description really is.
Surprise your therapist with the mOTivate mug, and they’ll be sure to appreciate the fact that you truly appreciate them.
The mug is both dishwasher and microwave safe, made from ceramic, available in two different sizes, and can include optional personalization on the reverse side.
9. Waikiki Waves Fernweh Candle
Therapists are people, too. They get stressed at work and just want to go home and relax at the end of a long day just like the rest of us.
When you give them a travel-inspired Fernweh candle, you give them a chance to have a mini “getaway,” from the comfort of home or even the office.
This high-quality, soy-blended candle is made and hand-poured in the USA. Check out all their other amazing scents here.
10. Custom Engraved Bird Feeder
Everyone loves a good bird feeder! If your occupational therapist is one for the great outdoors, or just likes to sit on their porch with a nice cool drink, they’re going to love keeping an eye on this personalized bird feeder and the little friends it brings close.
The cedar wood bird feeder is handmade in the USA. It comes personalized with your OT’s name and any other text you’d like engraved on the front panel. The design includes the traditional caduceus medical symbol you see above.
11. “Because Patients” Wine Bag (+ a Bottle of Wine!)
Maybe your favorite OT is coming up on a holiday or some time off. Before they go, you want to thank them for everything they’ve done for you or your loved one. If you choose to give them these gourmet barbecue rubs, they’ll be the one who is thankful.
This set of gourmet rubs are perfect for seasoning meats and burgers. There are six flavor combos to a set: Southwest Chipotle, Java Love, Memphis BBQ, Ancho Chili, African Berbere, and Mexican Rub.
The blends are packed into 2-inch jars, which are themselves carefully nestled into a gift box. All ready to go!
13. Personalized Cutting Board Retirement Gift
Is your therapist getting ready to retire? Have they been with you for a long time, making a difference in your life for the better every single day? Then while you’re probably (and understandably) and bit sad about their departure, you still want to do your part in celebrating this next chapter of their life.
This bamboo wood cutting board would make an appropriate retirement gift for your OT. It’s large enough (18″ x 12″) to be displayed in their kitchen if they’d like, or used practically to make their favorite meals. Best of all, it comes personalized with the text you see above, or any other custom text you’d like.
14. DIY Sunflower String Art Kit
Sometimes relaxation comes in the form of creating something beautiful with your hands – and the satisfaction of seeing it completed. Of all people, the OT understands this!
With this cute string art kit, your occupational therapist will be able to piece together, string by string, a beautiful and unique work of art that they’ll be happy to display at home or even the office.
The pre-nailed sunflower art kit comes with a base of stained pine (your choice of two different sizes) as well as everything needed to create the sunflower. Includes hanging hardware.
15. Relaxation Gift Box
We couldn’t end this list without one final gift that’s also perfect for relaxing after a long day at work. A relaxation gift box filled to the brim with all kinds of goodies – and not the sort of “goodies” that are bad for skin, either.
This gift set features only non-GMO products. That means they make each item using ingredients you’d find in nature. Products include a clay face mask, bath bomb and body oil, soap bar, shower steamer, candle and more.
Personalization of the gift box lid is optional.
Bonus! Wine Therapy Glass
Wait! We have one more gift idea for you to consider. And it makes a great companion gift to the wine bag (gift #11) mentioned above.
This pretty wine glass, which you can have laser-engraved to read “Wine Therapy,” will put a smile on your OT’s face almost as fast as that bottle of wine will.
See more beautiful personalized glassware right here, including pint glasses, stemware, whiskey, and more.
More Gift Ideas for Occupational Therapists
Before you go, we have more thoughtful ideas for you to consider when it comes to finding the perfect gift for your occupational therapist or other medical professional:
- 10 Gifts for Doctors That Have Everything
- 21 Great Thank You Gifts for Medical Professionals
- 13 Best Medical Retirement Gifts
- Give a getaway (it’s easy; order it in minutes, and they get to plan a fun travel vacation as your gift!)
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 10 Social Worker Gifts to Honor Their Service & Devotion What gift can you give to a social worker that will really honor their service and devotion to their job and to others? Social workers are true se...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...