Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Here is a big, inspirational list of things you can make while watching TV.
Turn Netflix & chill into something productive by using your crafting or hands-on skills. Or turn those sports game commercial breaks into an opportunity to get your body toned and flexible.
You can use these as gifts for family and friends, to sell at a craft fair, to start an Etsy shop, donate to a homeless shelter, or launch your own small business!
What better way to turn your evening downtime into something useful, profitable, or beneficial to the community?
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
100 Things You Can Make While Watching TV
Here are 100 things you can make while watching TV. Use these simple tutorials to create your own take on the idea.
Personalize items with names or custom text, use outlandish designs or fabric choices, create your own aromatherapy recipe – the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
- Make yourself stronger – Try these 10 tips
- Make yourself more flexible – Here are 10 yoga stretches
- Make yourself smarter – Read a book on commercial breaks
- Make money – try out these ways to get paid for watching TV
- Make money & declutter – list items on Craigslist
- Upcycled plastic bag sleeping mats for the homeless
- Pack a care kit for someone who is homeless
- Make thick, warm socks to donate to shelters (and scarves, mittens, etc)
- Make no-sew blankets to give to animal shelters
- Make Paracord Survival Bracelets to send to troops overseas
- Make Traveling Pillowcases to donate to children’s shelters
- Make capes for the Capes for Kids program
- Make things for Crochet for Cancer
- Make Quilts for Kids
- Play Free Rice, a simple vocabulary game that donates rice to the UN’s World Food Programme for each correct answer
Creative & Artistic
- Make your own cards for birthdays, Christmas, get-well, etc.
- Pencil or sketch art
- Painting on canvas
- Sculpt Christmas ornaments from clay
- Sculpt jewelry from clay
- Design tshirts to sell on Etsy, Printful, RedBubble, etc
- Create your own paper cut art
- Duct tape wallets
- Duct tape picture frames
- Duct tape shoes
- Cute duct tape feather earrings
- Duct tape bunting – never buy party decorations again!
- Seat belt covers
- Simple Rice Heating Packs
- Gorgeous Roll-Up Rice Heating Packs
- Mermaid Plush Toy
- Adorable Mini Triangle Pouch
- Hanging Hammock Chair
- Place mats for the whole family and/or each season
- Remote organizer caddy
- Popsicle smartphone organizer cozies
- Make a pencil roll
- Make baby blankets
- Finger puppets
- Tablet cases & cozies
- Fun monsters
- Roadway playmat throw
- Cute tank top
- Rustic fringe scarf
- Large warm blanket
- BoHo tassel bag
- Easy throw pillow
- Iron-on transfer tote bag
- Cork coasters with vinyl designs
- Easy DIY Photo Coasters
- DIY Emoji Clutch
- Easy-transfer wood signs
- Make DIY coloring books for the kiddos
- Upcycle old shirts as a T-Shirt Tote
- Upcycle old shirts into cute skirts
- Upcycle old kid gloves into a Chipmunk Softie
- Upcycle old books into paper garlands – perfect for weddings!
- Upcycle old books into phone charging stations that hide your cords
- Upcycle old picture frames into chalkboards
- Upcycle old knobs and driftwood into necklace holders
- Upcycle your old calendar into one of these neat crafts
- Upcycle your old mismatched socks into one of these great ideas
- Personalize: Dotted dollar store mugs
- Personalize: Etched cutting boards
- Personalize: Sharpie ceramic plates
- Personalize: Watercolor sharpie throw pillows
- Personalize: Hand-drawn gift wrap
- Personalize: His & Hers mugs
- Personalize: Collegiate Team Scarf
- Personalize: Monogrammed Soaps
- Personalize: Quote canvas wall art
Just Plain Crafty
- Stretchy ribbon bookmarks
- DIY Stacking Bangle Bracelets
- Easy Braided Wish Bracelets
- Stress Relief Herbal Bath Teas
- Vinyl desk pad for laptop and any size desk
- New-sew fabric art frame sets using just fabric and frames
- Marbled Coffee Mug Sets using just nail polish
- Aromatherapy ideas that use essential oils
- Cute wall-mounted Mason Jar Vase
- Wool Dryer Balls – reusable and natural, use instead of dryer sheets
- DIY Gift Card Holders – provides a personal touch for when you give a gift card
- Glass gem bracelet or necklace pendant
- Make a Time-Out Stool Timer for your toddlers
- Snowman Poop Christmas gifts
- Glass fabric magnets for the fridge
- DIY Sharpie Saddle Shoes
- Easy Tea Wreath gift
- Custom Washi Tape Journal
- Leatherbound journal
- Paper Doll Kits
- Dino phone tripod
- Blinged out mittens and scarves
- Comic book coaster set
- Make a camera strap
- No-sew tulle skirt
- No-sew leather jewelry pouch
- Rhinestone wrap bracelets
- Make a cork board from old wine corks
- DIY scratch-off tickets
More ideas & tips below!
But first, pin it to save it for later:
Other Tasks You Can Do While Watching TV
- Create meal menus and shopping lists
- Buy snacks in bulk and sort into grab-n-go bags
- Organize and pay bills
- Organize your extra cords and cables
- Organize your digital photos
- Organize one dresser or kitchen drawer at a time
- Upload old music CDs to your media player
- Search, cut, and file coupons
- Roll change
- Paint nails
- Fold laundry
- Iron clothes
- Polish silverware
- Crack/shell nuts
- Mend clothing
- Do a puzzle, crossword, or Sudoku
- Wrap gifts
- Blog about what you’re watching
Here are some basic tools and supplies you may need to get started on many of these crafts and projects:
- Cricut Explore Die-Cut Machine – make perfect cutouts, silhouettes, and patterns
- Sewing machine – You can’t go wrong with the Singer 4423
- A good photo printer
- Wire cutters and pliers
- Dremel etching tool
- X-acto knife
- Hole punch
- Mod Podge – the ultimate craft glue
- Sharpies – the go-to marker
- Hot Glue Gun – a must for most projects
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- The 20 Most Classy Wine Quotes of All Time At Northwest Gifts, some of our most enduringly popular items are from our Wine Decor and Wine Barrel collections, and we also love customizing our p...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...