Last Updated on July 31, 2020
If you search the web for “gifts for doctors,” you’re sure to find a plethora of ideas.
With the Internet being the Internet, of course, sometimes the search can get overwhelming. There’s just so much to sift through!
But finding the best gifts for doctors shouldn’t have to be time-consuming and stressful. So today we’ve narrowed the search down for you by finding these 10 unique and memorable gifts for doctors that have everything.
Maybe there’s a certain doctor in your life who has gone above and beyond to care for your health (or for someone you love). So of course you want to find the perfect gift for him or her!
And while physicians and other medical professionals certainly don’t expect any gifts from their patients, you can imagine their face lighting up whenever they do receive something special!
Even if you’re sure your doctor has everything, it’s the thought that counts (and the element of surprise that’s so fun). Showing your appreciation is the goal, and with this list of gift ideas, we hope to help you meet it.
If you like what you see in this article, and want to browse even more gift ideas for doctors or other medical professionals, just take a look right here.
Let’s get to it!
10 Gifts for Doctors That Have Everything
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Custom Portrait
With the help of a single photograph, watercolor artist Mary Ann uses her God-given talent to create beautiful works of art.
Commission Mary Ann to paint a one-of-a-kind likeness of your doctor for a memorable heirloom gift. This is a fine art portrait they will be proud to display in their home or office.
2. Walnut Wood Keepsake Box
Thank-you cards, photos, jewelry and other special mementos are only a few ideas of what your doctor could safely store in this gorgeous customized keepsake box from Northwest Gifts.
The sturdy walnut wood box is made in the USA from solid wood and includes a name plate on the front for personalization, a felt interior lining, and the option for customization on the glass lid top, as well. This makes for a great graduation or retirement gift.
To see more of our personalized keepsake boxes, click here.
3. Custom Doctor Bobble Head
Gifts for doctors can be funny, too! Show your favorite doc your humorous side with this custom bobble head doll.
This bobble head will be handmade from polymer clay to look like your doctor, right down to the hair color, outfit and shoes. Perfect for graduations, an office party gag gift, or just because.
4. Personalized Tumbler Mug
Even the doctor that has everything still has to take a drink now and then. Help them stay hydrated (or caffeinated) in style with this durable and beautiful personalized tumbler.
Available in multiple sizes and colors, these tumblers keep beverages blazing hot or freezing cold for hours on end. Each one includes free personalization, which you can modify however you like to add or change the text from what is shown above.
Plus you can get great bulk discounts when ordering tumblers for the entire staff. (And yes, the bulk rates apply even when you are personalizing each individual mug!)
5. Caduceus Pen Set
Really? A pen set? Why, yes! The better question is, why not?
Doctors write quite a lot, whether it’s prescriptions, special instructions or explanations, research papers, you name it. And they need a pen to do it!
Of course it’s really easy to lose pens, too… so help your doctor keep track of theirs with this pretty wooden pen set and case from Etsy.
This set includes two checkered pens (hard to lose!) as well as a beautiful emblem of the Caduceus staff on the top.
6. Personalized Portfolio
Any professional can benefit from a quality portfolio to keep track of significant documents.
Technology makes that super easy to do, but there’s still nothing quite like a physical notebook to keep important papers organized.
This particular portfolio can be personalized with your doctor’s name, making it that much more special. You can also choose between seven different designs.
7. Custom Engraved Bird Feeder
After a trying day at the office taking such good care of others, what could be more relaxing than to sit back on the porch and watch the birds?
Give your beloved doctor the gift of a peaceful afternoon or evening with this personalized cedar bird feeder from Northwest Gifts.
Made to withstand the outdoor elements for years, this bird feeder can be custom engraved on both front and back panels, with a logo and/or any text your want.
This bird feeder is also an excellent gift idea for the physician who’s getting ready to retire.
8. Graze Box Subscription
From pediatricians to emergency room physicians, doctors have extremely stressful jobs. While they’re busy taking care of everyone else, it’s very important for them to remember to take care of themselves.
Remind the doctor in your life to do that (and in a fun way) with this healthy snack box subscription. Tell them what your doc prefers, and the pros at Graze will carefully choose delicious, and nutritious, snacks just for them.
Each subscription box includes four different snacks to try, and will be delivered to your doctor’s home or office every two weeks.
9. Vintage Style Doctor’s Plaque
From A Simpler Time, this series of doctor and medical specialty plaques are crafted from real wood planks and distressed by hand for that vintage feel.
This particular plaque is for a cardiologist, and features a relief-carved heart in the center along with memorable quotes. Choose the optional hanging name plate for a personalized touch. Mounting hardware comes with your order so it will be ready to hang.
Does your doctor specialize in something besides cardiology? Browse through many other vintage-style medical plaques right here. And for medical-themes plaques that have a more contemporary look (and can be customized more as well!) check out the Pacific Crest series from Northwest Gifts.
10. Floral Anatomy Poster Art
This interesting anatomy poster art is equal parts beautiful and quirky, making it the perfect gift for that doctor whose personality matches!
Each poster measures 11.7″ x 16.5″ and features a skeleton wrapped in a colorful floral design, atop a classical text background.
BONUS Gift Idea: Funny Doctor Mug
Doctors dedicate years and years of their life to studying and understanding a particular field of medicine. But when it gets right down to it, even the very best of them aren’t always appreciated for all they know and do.
Using humor, show your doctor how much you respect their knowledge and care by gifting them this funny mug.
Even the doctor who has everything would find this mug funny, and would most likely accept it with no problem!
We hope you found it helpful to browse these 10 (well, 11) gifts for doctors who have everything!
If your search continues, please be aware that at Northwest Gifts we have many more ideas for you to consider. Almost all the gifts we offer can be personalized with your doctor’s name, office logo, or anything else you would like, so keep that in mind as you browse.
And be sure to let us know what you think about these gift ideas (and any new ones from your own experience) in a comment below.
Thanks for reading!
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- The 20 Most Classy Wine Quotes of All Time At Northwest Gifts, some of our most enduringly popular items are from our Wine Decor and Wine Barrel collections, and we also love customizing our p...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...