Your loved one is going off on deployment. Yup, you are both going to hate being away from each other for so long!
But you can make it easier on your loved one that is going away. How? What can you do to help the time apart be easier?
I am glad you asked because we’ve put a list together of some last-minute going away gifts. Enjoy.
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
Tips on Choosing the Perfect Deployment Gift
What makes a good deployment gift?
- Make it personal.
- Make sure it is “legal.”
- What will he/she miss the most?
- What says “I love you” and “I miss you?”
5 Best Military Going Away Gifts
These are gifts you give in person to the military service member, which that they can keep with them as a token of your love and support.
1. Heart Token
Give your loved one this “heart”-felt reminder. No matter where they go, your love is with them.
This adorable metal heart measures 2″w x 1.5″h. They might even be able to slip it into their pocket!
2. Personalized Journal
This personalized journal comes in three colors and your two lines of text.
Let him/her know your thoughts are with them by writing a little note inside before you gift it. Your loved one is sure to treasure this journal! They keep their daily lives up to date on the pages and will have unbelievable stories to share when they get home.
3. Photo Wallet Insert
A thoughtful souvenir that will last for years. Hand-made on adonized aluminum, this card measures 3 1/4″ x 2″. Personalize this insert with your picture or handwritten note. It’s the right size to slide into a wallet.
He will appreciate your love and sentiments those days and nights he is away ❤️
You may also enjoy: 21 Most Thoughtful Gifts for Men
4. Storage Trunk Foot Locker
This storage trunk is a great gift idea! It comes in hunter-green and measures 37.34 x 14.37 x 18 inches. Imagine everything that can be packed in here!
Durable and lightweight -just right for bulky, over-sized gear. Also cool- this trunk is airline-approved.
5. Personalized Pocket Knife
Our pocket knife is ideal for a man or a woman! Engraved with your loved one’s name or logo, this knife is sure to please.
A good sharp knife is always needed and appreciated.
The grip is made from Rosewood with a 3-inch stainless steel blade. Complete dimensions: 4-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ x 1/2″
5 Best Deployment Gifts to Send
If your loved one has already been deployed, these are great gifts to lift their spirits and give them something to brag about with their unit.
6. Open When… Letters
Just what your beloved will need at that faraway post-letters from you. At the top of each envelope, it will say “Open when…” followed by your own occasions. You can customize the envelope with your directions. Make him/her feel special, knowing that you are thinking of them.
They are made from 100% recycled paper. The envelopes measure 5.75″x4.25″ (A2 envelopes) and should require a 41 cent stamp.
7. Hot Sauce Sampler Pack
This set of 30 hot sauces is sure to add some “spice” to his life! These sauces come from around the world and are mild to fiery hot.
This is a gift that will bring tears to anyone’s eyes. There are plenty of sauces to share… or not!
8. Beautiful Girl, You Can Do Hard Things Bracelet
This stainless steel bracelet is strong, just like the beautiful girl you are gifting it to! Military life is hard, but beautiful girl, you can do hard things.
Every time she looks at this token of love, she will know what she is capable of. It’s the perfect deployment gift idea from mom or dad.
9. DIY Care Package
- Love notes and letters from family
- Fav candy/snacks (beef jerky is always a great idea)
- Personal hygiene care- unscented lotions, washes, deodorant, lip balm, etc
- Small stuffed toy, for instance a small teddy bear with their child’s shirt sewn around it, spouses perfume/cologne sprayed onto it, etc. Something special as a keepsake!
- Personal photos
- Books, puzzles, crosswords and other activities
- Pens and pencils
Check our list below of the Do and Don’t Send items.
Plenty more ideas here: Gift Baskets for Men
10. Love Letter Blanket
A truly unique gift idea! Each time your loved one snuggles into this blanket, your love will be wrapped around them.
This hand-made cotton blanket comes in three sizes to choose from. Make this extra personal by using your own handwriting or select the handwriting font.
This gift will always be cherished!
Bonus: Photos 📷
Photos are always one of the most meaningful gifts for deployment. Here are some ideas!
Digital Picture Frame
This is an all-time favorite gift! There is no better way to put a smile on anyone’s face than to share pictures. The Skylight Digital Frame is so easy to use. Download pictures right to the frame instantly!
Using the Skylight Frame is the next best thing to actually “being there.” Your sweetheart won’t miss any moments while he/she is away on deployment. You can send the fun to them.
This digital frame is easy to set up and use.
Mini Photo Albums
These mini-photo albums are a cute and fun way to keep pictures safe and organized on that long deployment. These albums are small and can be packed into any size bag.
Select from two sizes and numerous colors. You have an option for personalization too.
These are hand-made Disney-style portraits, and they are spectacular. An enjoyable way to capture “the moment” with your loved one. Show off that special photo by turning it into a piece of art.
You will receive a downloadable JPEG file that can be used digitally or for a high-quality print.
Like this idea? Check out these other art styles that you may fall in love with-
What to Send (and What Not to Send) On Deployment
You want to send your loved one a care package. Read on to find out what IS, and ISN’T allowed.
- Hand Warmers
- Sewing Kits
- Playing Cards
- Pencils and Pens
- Books & Magazines
- Protein Bars
- Favorite Seeds
- Beef Jerky
- Chips & Snacks
- Powdered Drink Mix
- Small Portable Fans/Heater
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Toothbrush/Tooth Paste
- Cotton Swabs
- Comic Cutouts from the Newspaper
Everyone will enjoy these items. Send lots and send often!
Please Do NOT Send
- Aerosols Products
- Perishable Foods
- Alcohol or Drugs
- Carbonated Drinks
- Lithium Batteries
Sending any item on the “Please Do Not Send” list will just get him/her in trouble. And you definitely don’t want to do that.
Now that you have seen our list, the hard part is just starting- because now it’s time to make a decision on which gift is the right one. Have fun.
Read Next: Best Military Boyfriend Gifts
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- 21 Useful and Creative Gifts for Farmers You want to find great gifts for farmers. You've come to the right place! If you're only halfheartedly looking around for some farmer gifts, y...
- 21 Beach Gifts for Beach Lovers: Practical, Fun, & Frisky If you're looking for beach gifts for beach lovers, you've come to the right place.... I love the beach! I think it would be safe to say I may be...