Last Updated on July 31, 2020
When it comes to finding the perfect hostess gifts, there have never been more options available.
(Especially with the internet at your fingertips.)
But you’re not looking for just anything. You want the best hostess gift, a little something – extra! – special to show your appreciation to your hostess.
After all, she’s worked hard to ensure that you and all her other guests are happy and satisfied for the duration of the party or gathering. You want her to know that she’s acknowledged and recognized for all her hard work!
To help you do that, we’ve compiled this list of 21 fun hostess gift ideas, with a little something for every type of hostess out there.
Let’s take a look!
21 Best Hostess Gifts
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Custom Engraved Thermal Tumbler Hostess Gift
First up on our list are these pretty thermal tumblers from Northwest Gifts. This hostess gift takes the cake for both style and practicality!
Choose from a variety of sizes and colors. Depending on your choice, it will hold 12-30 ounces of either hot or chilled drinks, and is vacuum-sealed and double-walled for maximum usage. You can also pick between a standard tumbler lid or a slide lid.
Besides the high quality (comparable to the popular YETI brand), the best thing about this tumbler is the fact that you can personalize it with your hostess’s name or any other text you’d like. “Hostess with the Mostest” and “Best. Hostess. Ever.” are both popular phrases, as with the “Hostess. Mostest.” Personalize it here!
2. Personalized Apron
You really can’t go wrong with a personalized hostess gift! This one becomes much more than a simple apron when you add your hostess’s name to it.
Handmade from durable poly cotton, your hostess’ custom vintage-style apron is sure to be used and loved on for years to come. Choose between a white or black apron, and either black or metallic lettering.
3. Organic Beeswax Candle
After she’s been doing so much to guarantee the comfort of her guests, offer your hostess a gentle reminder to relax with this 100% organic beeswax candle from be(e)som.
The artisan sources the beeswax locally, and hand-pours each order into a 10 fluid ounce amber jar. You choose the scent.
Besides the lovely calming effects, beeswax candles are believed to release negative ions into the air. These negative ions are thought to counter positive ions that are all around, relieving conditions such as allergies, asthma and even anxiety.
4. Pioneer Woman Kitchen Set
“The Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond brings her signature farmhouse style (complete with bright colors and country charm!) to this patchwork kitchen set.
Your hostess will be proud to put these towels and mitts to use right away, or to display them in her kitchen for everyone to enjoy.
5. Plant Based Soap Bars
Another relaxing gift idea for the hostess in your life are these all-natural handmade soaps.
These plant-based bars will allow your hostess to freshen up without the harsh chemicals that are found in traditional soaps.
Choose three bars per order, infused with the scents your hostess would enjoy the most.
6. Personalized Bamboo Cutting Board
A cutting board is a classic hostess gift, but this one kicks it up a notch with gorgeous custom engraving.
Crafted from sturdy and sustainable bamboo wood and measuring a hefty 18″ x 12″, this cutting board takes the cake with free personalization.
Just one of many available designs, all fully customizable.
7. Wine and Whiskey Chilling Stones
Whether she’s one for sipping on a glass of wine throughout the evening, throws back a shot or two, or prefers a refreshing LaCroix, these beverage chilling stones will be a welcome addition to your hostess’s home bar.
Chilling stones provide the same cooling effect that ice blocks do, only they don’t melt over time and they won’t water up her drink.
8. Personalized Bamboo Coasters
For another hostess gift that she can put to use right away, you can’t go wrong with these sustainable bamboo wood coasters from Northwest Gifts.
Each set can be laser-engraved with your hostess’s name or any other text you’d like. Your order will come with six coasters to a set (holder included).
9. Luxury Chocolates Gift Box
For the hostess who is also a chocolate lover, what could be a more perfect gift than a high-quality chocolate gift box?
This luxury gift box from Harry & David includes 35 milk chocolate delicacies, each carefully perfected in their candy kitchen.
10. Recipe Box
When it comes to finding the most memorable hostess gifts, it can help to think outside the box… the recipe box, that is!
Or maybe inside… hmm…
Show your hostess you appreciation for her excellent cooking or baking skills with this metal citrus floral box in which she can keep all her favorite recipe cards.
11. Spice Blends Gift Box
If your hostess is one for gourmet cooking, or simply likes to experiment in the kitchen with different spices and seasonings, she is sure to appreciate a spice blends gift box from the Calicutts Spice Co.
Choose four different artisan spice blends from their selection list of over twenty regional-themed blends. The seller will hand-blend each of them for you and place them in classy glass jars… perfect for displaying when not in use.
12. Indoor Herb Garden Kit
Does your hostess have a green thumb? If cooking is also her thing, cater to both those passions with this indoor herb garden kit.
Each kit comes complete with soil pellets, seeds (cilantro, chives, parsley and basil), biodegradable plant holders, plant markers and instructions. A wooden box is included for easy garden setup.
13. Organic Loose Leaf Tea Gift Set
Give your hostess some deliciously soothing tea, and she will be able to relax the night away while still tending to her hostess-ing duties.
If you choose this loose leaf tea gift set (certified organic by the Soil Science Society of America, no less) you can rest assured that your hostess will be receiving top-notch quality.
Each hostess gift set comes with seven different types of tea, packed in biodegradable, GMO-free tea bags.
14. Personalized Wine Bar Gift Set
This classy wine bar gift set will provide your hostess with a little something fun that she’ll be able to use for any occasion.
Her new wine accessories set will come with a corkscrew, a combo pourer/stopper, a drip ring and a wine bottle stopper.
Best of all… your hostess is sure to love the fact that it also comes personalized with her name on it!
15. Unique Cookie Cutters
Cookie decorating parties are all the rage these days, especially around the holidays.
If you’ll be attending one of these festive get-togethers, and you know that cookie dough will be present, surprise your hostess with these fun frame-shaped cookie cutters.
You’ll receive 10 cookie cutters in your order, and she’ll be able to use them year after year for virtually any holiday or party.
16. Himalayan Salt Tequila Glasses
Your hostess will love these unique tequila glasses, which provide a fun and different twist to the usual party or get-together.
This set includes four glasses which are hand-carved from real pink Himalayan salt.
17. Engraved Utensils and Tea Towel Set
When preparing for her next party, your hostess will find mixing and stirring much more enjoyable with these cute utensils from Etsy.
These two wooden engraved serving utensils, which boast a copper handle, come with a slate as well as a tea towel. Get them here.
18. Pioneer Woman Measuring Bowls
As you can see, when it comes to picking a gift your hostess is sure to adore you just can’t go wrong with beautiful cooking or baking supplies.
These Pioneer Woman Measuring Bowls are a perfect example of that. Brighten up your hostess’s kitchen with these colorful ceramic bowls, which come four to a set.
19. Hostess with the Mostest Wine Bag
“Hostess with the Mostest” is a popular maxim and a super fun way to show the amazing hostess in your life how much you appreciate her.
Add a bottle of her favorite wine to this drawstring wine bag, which you can also personalize with her name, and watch her face light up when she receives it.
20. Stainless Steel Chopper Set
This unique kitchen chopper set is just what your hostess needs to quickly and efficiently prepare her party dishes.
Each set comes with a cutting board and ergonomic, double-bladed mezzaluna knife, and is small enough for easy storage.
21. Personalized Pink Flask Hostess Gift Set
Last (but certainly not least!) on our list of memorable hostess gifts is this personalized flask gift set from Northwest Gifts.
No matter what her beverage of choice is, we’re willing to bet your hostess will love the fact that this flask is A) pink, and B) personalized with her own initials.
The flask itself is stainless steel and holds up to six ounces. It, as well as the four accompanying shot glasses, can be personalized with monogram-style initials, or almost any other text you desire. More flask colors and styles are available here.
Hostess Gift Presentation
When it comes to gifts, presentation is everything! So before you go, we want to offer you some tried-and-true gift-giving etiquette advice. Follow these tips, and your hostess’s gift is sure to be that much more memorable:
- If you can, give your hostess her gift in private. Remember that no one else has to see that you got her anything… it’s not about you, and others may not have been able to bring anything.
- Don’t be afraid to go the extra mile! Are you planning to buy your hostess a bottle of wine? Then go ahead and find out what her favorite is ahead of time. Or maybe offer to stay and help clean up after the party’s over. A little thought really does go a long way.
- Don’t apologize for the gift you chose. It’s simply not good etiquette to say, “I’m sorry about your gift! It’s all I could find on such short notice. Hope you still like it!” Always remember that it’s the thought that counts… all you have to worry about is being sincere when you give your gift.
Thank you for reading through our list of 21 gift ideas that your hostess is sure to remember! Do you have any good hostess gift ideas to share? Let us know in a comment below.
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 21 Gifts for Lawyers, Attorneys, and Law Students Since you're looking for counsel regarding gifts for lawyers, attorneys, or law students, you probably know at least one of these persons. And you...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...