Your beloved friend, parent, grandparent, neighbor or whomever it is, is turning a century old? This calls for a celebration and some memorable ways to say Happy Birthday (that isn’t, you know, “happy birthday”).
To reach that incredible milestone of a grand century, they certainly must possess a lot of personal spirit, inner strength and a LOT of life experience. They deserve to be honored with sweet sentiments and plenty of well wishes.
Read on for some fun ways to wish your special person a wonderful day that is all about them.
What to Write in a 100th Birthday Card
You thought picking out a card was the hard part? Pshaw! It’s what to write inside that has us nibbling on our pencils and erasers.
For very close friends, spouses, or family members: think of a favorite memory you can write out, list their qualities that you admire, or simply spill the beans on how much you love them!
For acquaintances, neighbors, coworkers, extended family members: it’s okay to be more general with your well wishes and keep it short and sweet!
10 Best Ways to Say Happy Birthday (that aren’t “Happy Birthday”)
1. It’s YOUR day and we are here for it!
2. Time to celebrate you and everything you bring to this life!
3. You don’t look a day over 79!
4. Every year on this day I celebrate my hero: you!
5. Your life on earth brings me joy.
6. So glad to have you in my life each and every day!
7. You’re the bee’s knees and the cat’s meow!
8. Happy anniversary of the day you were born — a whole 100 years ago!
9. It’s not the year – it’s the mileage!
10. It’s National insert-name-here Day, and I am here to make sure you celebrate accordingly!
Related: Simple Birthday Wishes for Everyone
100th Birthday Wishes
100th Birthday Wishes for Grandma
11. Grandma, you are the light in my night sky. Did I ever tell you how much I love you?
12. All of my favorite memories have you in them, Grandma.
13. To the best grandma in all the land — happy birthday!
14. When they passed out grandmas, I got the best one!
15. How lucky am I to have the most wonderful lady in my life?
16. Happy birthday to my heroine, my inspiration, my partner in crime — my grandma!
17. You’re the peanut butter to my jelly, and I love you so much, Grandma!
18. How’d I get so lucky to have you in my life? I must have done something right!
19. I have always looked up to you from day one and I always will!
20. You hold a special place in my heart, Grandma. I love you to the moon and back!
100th Birthday Wishes for Grandpa
21. Grandpa, you make 100 look GOOD!
22. Still as spry and full of mischief as ever! Happy birthday, Grandpa.
23. Another year of driving Grandma crazy! Good job, Gramps!
24. You have always been my hero and my soft place to land. Love you!
25. My grandpa — all mine. Not sharing. Get your own.
26. Happiest of birthdays to the bestest of men.
27. It’s your day and I’m going to make sure you put your feet up and let us spoil you rotten!
28. You taught me how to tie my shoes, chop wood, and get a second dish of ice cream out of Grandma! Happy birthday!
29. The world is a better place because of my one and only grandpa.
30. Happy birthday to the man, the myth, the legend — my grandpa!
100th Birthday Wishes for Wife
31. 100 years young! You light up my life!
32. Thank you for spending your life with me. I am a lucky guy!
33. Happy birthday to my gorgeous, lovely, sweet wife.
34. I thought I loved you 50 years ago, but look at us: we were just getting started!
35. 100 years are never enough.
36. I’m so glad I chose you, and I would again and again and again!
37. Happy birthday to the most wonderful woman in the world. I checked. You really are the most wonderful.
38. Cheers to you — my beloved and beautiful wife!
39. I know — we don’t feel a day over 75, do we? Happy birthday, gorgeous!
40. I could never live a day without you. Thank you for being you.
100th Birthday Wishes for Husband
41. 100 looks good on you!
42. Deep down inside, we’re still a couple of crazy kids!
43. Happy birthday to the man I still adore all these years later.
44. How many birthdays have we spent together? Cheers to many more!
45. You make me laugh and smile everyday. Happy birthday to my man!
46. This man of mine: he’s the greatest and the best. I love you!
47. Happiest of birthdays to the best looking and kindest man I know. You!
48. I will never get over you. And I would never want to!
49. Happy birthday, darling! You are the reason I still have butterflies in my tummy.
50. It’s your day and we are going to spoil you rotten, so get ready!
100th Birthday Wishes for a Mother
51. 100 years of you being on this earth. What a blessing!
52. Mom, you have always been my inspiration and I love you so much! Happy birthday.
53. Happy birthday to the most gracious, kind, beautiful lady I know: YOU!
54. I’m so blessed and lucky to have had you in my life everyday. Happy birthday, Mom!
55. How did I get so lucky to have had you as my mother? It’s unexplainable, but I’ll take it!
56. Happy birthday, Mom! You are the stars in my night sky.
57. You taught me how to drive a car, bake a cake, and be a lady. Thank you and happy birthday!
58. All my best memories have you in them. Love you, Mom.
59. I’ve been waiting all year for you to be the center of attention!
60. It’s here! It’s really here! A whole day to celebrate YOU, Mama!
100th Birthday Wishes for Father
61. Happy birthday to the best father a girl/guy could ever ask for. You are everything to me, Dad!
62. So many memories of us together — what a blessing that you are my father!
63. Happy birthday, Dad — put up those giant feet and let us bring you cake!
64. We forgoed the candles. Don’t be too insulted. Fire department, you know…
65. Happy birthday to the best of dads! Everyone else is jealous that I got the best one.
66. Father of mine: you are the best thing in my life. Happy birthday!
67. So glad we get to celebrate you and everything you bring into our lives today!
68. Without you, life would be pathetic. Thanks for being born, Dad!
69. When I think of the world’s greatest men, I don’t think of athletes or presidents or celebrities. I think of you.
70. Happy birthday to the man who made me a man! I couldn’t have done it without you, Dad.
100th Birthday Wishes for Friend
71. 100 years of being AWESOME. How DO you do it?!
72. I could never find another friend as wonderful as you if I searched for another 100 years.
73. Let’s raise a glass to you and to our friendship! Cheers!
74. I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel a day over 29! Well, maybe 57…
75. Happy 100th! I hope you like long naps and Ibuprofen.
76. At this point, we’re gonna outlive my pet tortoise.
77. Happy birthday to the best of friends! You make me laugh and smile and reminisce everyday.
78. What a life you’ve had! Don’t worry, I won’t tell the secrets.
79. You’re how old? That can’t be right, I’m only 35!
80. Math has never been my strong suit, but if my calculations are correct you are 99 and holding!
Related: Best Happy Birthday Wishes for a Friend
Funny 100th Birthday Quotes
81. You’re not 100! You’re two fifty-year-olds!
82. “There’s a funny side to aging, if you have a warped sense of humor.” — Betty White
83. Well, at least you’re not middle aged anymore.
84. It’s important to remember that I’m probably gonna forget.
85. “The secret to staying young is to eat slowly, live honestly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
86. You’re getting so old that all your friends in heaven must have thought you didn’t make the cut!
87. Is it weird being the same age as all the old people?
88. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
89. “As you get older, three things happen. The first one is, your memory goes. I can’t remember the other two.” — Norman Wisdom
90. “At my age, flowers scare me.” — George Burns
Related: 100th Birthday Gifts & Party Ideas
Best 100th Birthday Cards
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
Related: Printable Birthday Cards
100th Birthday Captions
Read Next: 100+ Birthday Party Ideas