Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Today we’re going to be revealing some of the best gifts for knitters and crocheters that we could find. If you need a gift for the knitter or crocheter in your life, you’ve landed on the right page.
From practical knitting items like personalized knitting needles (#2, below) to heartfelt gifts that knitters and crocheters alike can enjoy (really, anyone would love #19), we’ve confident you’ll find the best gift for your yarn lover right here.
Let’s take a look.
Top 21 Gifts for Knitters & Crocheters
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Knitting Shoes
Now your favorite knitter can knit something fabulous while wearing these equally fab knitting shoes.
These high-quality and highly-comfy shoes are made of soft yet durable canvas, perfect for everyday wear around the house (or the crafting store).
The stretchy vamp makes for easy slip-on and take-off, and the EVA outer sole allows for lightweight use and traction.
And for crocheters, yes, they have shoes for you, too.
2. Personalized Knitting Needles
Every knitter needs a good pair of knitting needles… and seriously, how cute are these?
Surprise your loved one with this personalized wooden knitting needles set. It comes complete with their name (or anything else you like) pyrographed into the side, and is a truly affordable gift idea.
Watch your yarn lover’s face light up with joy when they unwrap these special sticks!
3. Custom Engraved Tumblers for Knitters & Crocheters
Tumblers are an all-around great gift to give to anyone.
These particular tumblers make the perfect gift for the knitter (or crocheter) in your life, and not just for their fun design.
From Northwest Gifts, these stainless steel travel mugs are doubled walled and vacuum sealed, designed to keep hot drinks hot and chilled drinks chilled.
Available with the knitting needle yarn heart, as shown above, or with a crochet hook:
Not only are they available in a variety of sizes and colors, the mug comes etched with your yarn lover’s name in a cute script.
It’s a great gift that even stashbusters will appreciate.
4. Post Stitch Subscription
Gifts for crocheters don’t have to be difficult to find, especially when you’ve got a subscription service on your side.
With Post Stitch, a kit of yarn, patterns and other notions are delivered directly to your loved one’s door each and every month for them to enjoy.
What could be better for the knitter or crocheting enthusiast in your life?
5. Personalized Knitting/Crochet Labels
Your loved one loves to give their art, their craft, their heart to others… it’s just the type of person they are.
That’s part of why they weave the needles.
If your favorite knitter or crocheter been known to whip up something soft and warm for others in their life, consider gifting them something that they can in turn gift right back to their loved ones.
Something like a set of their very own beautiful knitting/crochet labels.
These personalized leather labels come customized with their name, logo, or anything else. They come ten in a set, so your gift will last for at least their next ten projects.
And when they gift a blanket or anything they make, their recipient will immediately know who it’s from!
6. Yarn Swift
Every serious knitter needs a yarn winder. That’s why it makes a great gift.
Used for winding and unwinding yarn, this handy tool is great for many different endeavors: wrapping up unused yarn for next time, or even unraveling old sweaters for repurposing.
The Yarn Swift version is light and compact, yet still sturdy. It can be set up vertically or horizontally and is great for all types of yarn.
7. Personalized Craft Scissors
Want practical gifts for knitters? We got practical gifts for you all right. Nothing gets more practical than a good pair of shears.
Also great for the beginner knitter or crocheter who is building their tool pile, these personalized crafting scissors (which come engraved with your loved one’s name) are multipurpose.
This means besides cutting yarn, they can be used to facilitate a variety of other crafts and projects. Comes two to an order – Double prizes!
8. Custom Engraved Bird Feeder
When you picture your loved one knitting or crocheting, you probably picture them sitting in a big chair, blanket over their lap, knitting basket next to them.
This is a picturesque image, but the reality is probably far from the truth!
Knitters gonna knit anywhere they can, including outside (if the weather agrees). When you gift them this gorgeous bird feeder, engraved with this fun saying as well as their name, they are going to want to knit outside – and watch the birds – as often as possible.
This custom engraved bird feeder is made of durable cedar wood and comes with front and back acrylic panels. It can be engraved to say anything you’d like, or to feature any logo or clip art you’d like.
9. “Knitters Gonna Knit” Coffee Mug
Speaking of “knitters gonna knit,” check out this adorable custom coffee mug.
The knitter in your life will love seeing their likeness, in cartoon form, on their mug every morning as they juice up for (what else?) a day full of knitting.
You choose between an 11 and 15 oz. mug, as well as the hair color to match your loved one. Design features on both sides of mug. Microwave and dishwasher safe.
10. Personalized Yarn Tote
Want more practical gifts for crocheters and knitters alike? You can start with this cute tote bag.
Made to carry yarn and other notions, this gray canvas craft bag includes seven large pockets as well as the optional “My Happy Place” decal.
Includes a wood tag personalized with your loved one’s name. 13″ tall, 16″ long, and 7″ deep.
It’s (sorry in advance!) totes adorbs.
11. Digital Stitch Counter
When knitting or crocheting, keeping track of stitch counts is everything. Help your loved one with this often tedious task by gifting them a super helpful stitch counter.
This digital stitch counter is conveniently worn on the finger, allowing your loved one to never miss another stitch in a row.
It’s affordable and comes in several different colors, so have fun with this one!
12. Walnut Wood Keepsake Box
A classy gift for your favorite knitter. Maybe they are someone who seemingly “has everything” and are hard to find gifts for.
If this is the case, you can’t go wrong with a keepsake item like this stunning (and personalized!) walnut wood keepsake box.
Choose between a yarn heart pinned with knitting needles or a crochet hook. Thus knitters and crocheters can use this box to keep their favorite notions or trinkets in, as well as pictures or any other token they’d like to keep safe.
The front metal plate can be engraved with their name, and the top glass can serve as to hold a 5″ x 7″ photo.
13. Wooden Socks Blockers
For those who are exceptionally skilled at knitting warm winter socks, we present to you these super useful wooden socks blockers.
It’s a tool designed to help the knitter or crocheter create the perfect-sized sock. So if your loved one needs to knit a particular size, they can pick up this handy accessory and get straight to work without any worry or additional measuring.
14. Travel-Inspired Candle
Fernweh Candles are meant to remind you of places far away that you both miss or haven’t yet visited. This will make for an inspiring experience for your loved one as they settle in for a relaxing evening of knitting.
Crafted from the finest waxes and scents, and without dyes, these unique candles are hand-poured in the U.S.A in small batches only.
“Fernweh,” by the way, translated literally from the German is “a longing for faraway places.” Doesn’t that sound like the yarn lover you know?
15. Compression Gloves
Gifts for that both knitters or crocheters can benefit from are what we’re about! These compression gloves take the cake when it comes to keeping those active hands and fingers in tip-top shape.
The high-quality spandex gloves provide ergonomic comfort all day to those who may suffer from arthritis or inflammation, but also for those who’re just looking for a bit of preventative support in the face of several projects.
16. “I Just Want to Crochet And Drink Beer” Wall Mounted Bottle Opener
We’ve already mentioned that knitters gonna knit, but everyone’s gonna enjoy kicking back to a cold one or two after a long day with the yarn.
Your loved one will love unwinding (pun intended) with this personalized yarn-themed bottle opener, whether they choose to affix it to a wall or carry it around with them as a portable opener.
Crafted in Oregon from genuine wood and featuring a walnut frame (and cast iron opener), this unique gift also comes personalized with your loved one’s name. Measures 8.75″ x 5.25″.
17. “Knit Happens” Wine Glass
Similar to the bottle opener, this wine glass will serve as a tool for allowing your loved one to chill while also paying homage to their favorite thing to do: knit.
Here are just a couple of our faves:
- “Knitting juice”
- “Knit, Sip, Repeat”
- “If I’m sitting, I’m knitting”
- “Yes, I crochet. No, I’m not old”
- “She works willingly with her hands. Prov. 31:13”
- “I knit so I don’t unravel”
- “Holy yarn balls, Batman”
- “My job is starting to interfere with my crocheting”
- “Just keep knitting…just keep knitting…”
- “Eat. Sleep. Crochet. Repeat”
You get the idea. Get a set of four or six (or more) and get a bulk-rate discount!
18. Knitter’s Necklace
Gifts for knitters don’t all have to be practical; they can be sentimental and heartwarming as well.
This knitter’s necklace is a wonderful example of a beautifully sentimental knitter’s gift.
With a 20″ long silver-plated chain, and yarn and needles charm, this necklace makes the perfect gift for someone who is truly passionate about their hobby.
19. Experience Gifts
Anyone, yarn lovers included, can benefit from a little getaway every now and then. If you think the knitter in your life could use a vacation, you simply can’t go wrong with choosing an experience gift for them.
A lot of people are thinking about experience gifts right now. That’s because, instead of giving stuff, this type of gift focuses on what really matters in life: the memories, rather than the tangible or monetary value of a product.
Tinggly takes the experience gift – well… experience – up a notch. Several notches, really!
With Tinggly, the idea is that you surprise your loved one with several experience options to choose from (think bungee jumping, cruises, horse back riding, you name it) as well as locations in which to do it (think Hawaii, Bangkok, England, almost anywhere).
They choose, they go, they experience! And they get the memories to keep forever.
20. Stitch Markers
Just like stitch counters, stitch markers are helpful in keeping track of your place. Think of them as a sort of bookmark for knitting!
And, according to unspoken knitting rule #723, the cuter they are, the better.
It doesn’t get much cuter than these “Woodlands” stitch markers. Your loved one will be able to track their progress on their latest project by simply looping one of these babies in their last stitch.
Pick the ringed charm if they’re a knitter, or the lobster clasp option if they crochet. Choose between a set of five or singles.
21. Vogue Knitting
Last but not least on our list of gifts for knitters and crocheters is Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book.
This magazine is a must for any serious knitter; it reveals the latest trends in patterns, designs, and even individual stitching, and includes color photos for up-close looks at professional techniques.
This ain’t your Grandma’s old knitting book (buuuut could be her new one)!
More Gifts for Knitters and Crocheters: Gift Basket Edition
DIY Knitter’s Gift Basket
If you decide to create a gift basket for the knitter or crocheter in your life, there are a few basics you’ll want:
- A basket or bag (here are some cute ones). Even a box will do; pretty much any container can easily be dolled up. Bonus points if they can re-use it for their crafting supplies.
- A pretty ribbon or bow.
- Your choice of anything you know your loved one would absolutely love to find in their gift basket! Think:
- Here’s the key for a great gift basket: Get some cellophane to wrap everything up. Cellophane is that final touch that takes even a thrown-together gift basket and transforms it to look professional and oh-so-well-thought-out.
The creative gift-giving ideas don’t end here! Think outside the crafty-gift-box with some alternative ideas:
- 21 Creative Birthday Gifts for Men
- 21 Perfectly Personalized Gifts for Her
- 100 Things You Can Make While Watching TV
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 21 Gifts for Lawyers, Attorneys, and Law Students Since you're looking for counsel regarding gifts for lawyers, attorneys, or law students, you probably know at least one of these persons. And you...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...