Talk about a reason to celebrate! Someone near and dear to you is turning how old? 90? Well, don’t that beat all.
Turning 90 is a momentous occasion that not everyone gets to recognize — but you do! Read on for some fun, sentimental, witty, and wonderful 90th Birthday wishes for your loved one.
What to Write in a 90th Birthday Card
Sure, it’s difficult enough to pick out the perfect card. But once you’ve read each and every option at your Hallmark and finally settled, then the really hard part comes… What to say. Whether you go sweet and fondly include memories of your friend or loved one, or you decide to be silly and witty — it is up to you. We prefer a mixture of all of those.
Here’s a couple more ideas to toss in if you wish to do so!
- Your favorite story about them (“Remember that one time when…”)
- Their favorite poem, quote, or song
- A “coupon” good for a dinner out, coffee date, lunch date, etc.
- A gift card to their favorite store
- Pressed flowers, bookmarks or other small items they enjoy
10 Best Ways to Say Happy Birthday (that aren’t “Happy Birthday”)
1. Today is YOUR day and we are here to make all your birthday wishes come true.
2. Happiest of days to the most wonderful of humans!
3. We skipped the candles due to the fire department’s request, but the rest of the day is all yours!
4. Cake, ice cream, presents, and memories. We are here for it all!
5. Today is the day we’ve all been waiting for — now let’s celebrate!
6. Do you know what time it is? Time for the birthday party of the century!
7. Blow out those candles and make a wish!
8. It’s a national holiday (well, practically)!
9. Today is the anniversary of the day you were born! That calls for a celebration.
10. We’re raising a glass and toasting to you today — the birthday gal/guy!
Related: 100+ More Birthday Wishes
90th Birthday Wishes
90th Birthday Wishes for Grandma
11. To the greatest Grandma in the whole world (I conducted a scientific study): happy birthday!
12. You’ve always been like a mother to me. Happy birthday, my sweet Grandma!
13. When it comes to wonderful grandmothers, you take the cake! (Really. There will be cake.)
14. When I count my blessings, I count you first and second (and third)!
15. Finally! A day just to celebrate YOU.
16. I love your birthday *almost* more than I love my own birthday, because you’re my favorite person!
17. Happy birthday to the lady who taught me everything I know (even the questionable things).
18. You’ve always been my role model and heroine. Happy birthday, Grandma!
19. 90 is the new 65, don’t you know!
20. Happiest of days to my most wonderful, beautiful, spunky, and kind Grandma!
90th Birthday Wishes for Grandpa
21. You are making 90 look too good, Grandpa!
22. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!
23. Happy birthday, to the coolest cat I know.
24. We’re going to skip the candles, Gramps, but know that we love ya!
25. It’s your day to do whatever you like best, Grandad. I am here for the shenanigans!
26. Happy birthday to the man who made me what I am today.
27. I love you a bushel and a peck! (Whatever those old-timey things are.)
28. You taught me everything I know (don’t tell Mom and Dad)!
29. Grandpa, you mean the world to me and I am so excited to celebrate the wonder that is YOU today.
30. Whatever did I do to deserve such a fabulous grandpa? Well, whatever it was, I sure am grateful. Happy birthday!
90th Birthday Wishes for Wife
31. I am so lucky and blessed to have known you and had you in my life for so many of your precious 90 years.
32. Happy birthday to the woman who still gives me butterflies in my tummy!
33. You have made my life so happy. I love you more today than ever before!
34. Happy birthday to the love of my life and the most beautiful woman I know.
35. You are still the most gorgeous lady in the world to me. Happy birthday!
36. Can you believe we’ve made it this far? Thanks for all of the memories and here’s to many more years together!
37. You make 90 look exceptional (just like you)!
38. Happy birthday to my sweetie pie.
39. All of these years and I still want more (guess I’m just greedy for you)!
40. You are the best thing in my life and the reason I smile!
90th Birthday Wishes for Husband
41. Happy birthday to my wonderful husband! You make 90 look so fabulous.
42. I’m so glad we’ve got to spend so many birthdays together — there’s no one I’d rather be with and go through life with!
43. Happy birthday, my most handsome man!
44. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. Today is your day and we’re going to celebrate!
45. The happiest of birthdays to the most wonderful of men!
46. So many birthdays together we need a calculator!
47. You’re my everything. Happy birthday, sweetheart.
48. Sugar pie, honey bunch, don’t you know I love you? Oh, and it’s your birthday!
49. So proud to be by your side on this, your 90th birthday, my darling husband.
50. So glad to celebrate YOU today, honey-buns!
90th Birthday Wishes for Mother
51. Mother, today is YOUR day and we are all going to make sure you don’t lift a finger but instead, get pampered!
52. You’ve taken care of so many for so long — today, we’re all going to take care of you!
53. It’s your birthday and I just want to say, I LOVE YOU.
54. Happy birthday to the best mom in all the land!
55. You are 90 today and I am so glad God picked you to be my mother!
56. You are the best and biggest blessing in my life. Happy birthday, Mom!
57. Some people get good mothers, but I got the best one. Happy birthday!
58. I can’t wait to celebrate with you all day. You’re the best!
59. Happy birthday to the woman who made me who I am today.
60. Without you, my life would be… well, terrible basically! Happy birthday, Mom.
90th Birthday Wishes for Father
61. Happy birthday to the best dad a guy/gal could ever ask for.
62. All my favorite memories have you in them! How cool is that?
63. Happy birthday to the man who loves my mother and raised us kids to be the magnificent specimens we are today!
64. You’re the best thing in my life, Dad. Happy birthday!
65. When God was passing out Dads, I sure am glad He gave the best one to me.
66. Happy birthday to the man who makes socks with sandals look good!
67. Tell all the “dad jokes” you want today — it’s your birthday!
68. You made me everything I am today and I am so grateful. Happy birthday, Father!
69. You taught me everything I know (we won’t tell Mom about some of them though).
70. Put your feet up — that’s an order. Happy birthday!
90th Birthday Wishes for Friend
71. 90 years is not nearly long enough — the world is better with you in it!
72. You are the best friend anyone could ever hope for. Happy birthday!
73. How’d you get to be the best friend in the world? Was it practice?
74. Happy birthday, and now, LET’S CELEBRATE!
75. You bring the candles, I’ll bring the cake! On second thought — skip the candles.
76. All these years of friendship and what do we have to show for it? A bond that will last forever, that’s what!
77. Happy birthday to someone who makes my world go ‘round!
78. You put the “she” in my “nanigans!”
79. You’re the Bonnie to my Clyde — happy birthday to my partner in crime!
80. All these memories and you’re in each and every good one. Happy birthday, my friend!
Related: Best Birthday Wishes for BFFs
Funny 90th Birthday Quotes
81. A man over ninety is a great comfort to all his elderly neighbors: he is a picket-guard at the extreme outpost; and the young folks of sixty and seventy feel that the enemy must get by him before he can come near their camp. — Oliver Wendell Holmes
82. Oh, to be seventy again! — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr
83. Life is like a ten-speed bicycle: most of us have gears we never use. — Charles Shultz
84. Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act! — Truman Capote
85. May you live to be 100 and the last voice you hear is mine. — Frank Sinatra
86. Let us respect gray hairs. Especially our own. — J.P. Sears
87. The older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune! — Pope John Paul VI
88. Age is not important unless you’re a cheese! — Helen Hayes
89. Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician. — Anonymous
90. Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative! — Anonymous
Best 90th Birthday Cards
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
Related: More Printable Birthday Cards
90th Birthday Captions
Read Next: 90th Birthday Gifts