We’re here to give you over a hundred of the sweetest, most romantic, most meaningful “Happy Anniversary” quotes of all time.
Whether it’s your very own anniversary with your very own sweetie, or it’s a loved one’s big day, you want to say all the right words at just the right time.
Write it in a card, send it in a text, embroider it on a pillow! What matters is not how you say it, but what you say.
And of course, make sure it comes from the heart!
What to Write in an Anniversary Card
A sweet memory is always a good idea when writing in your anniversary card! You can talk about the day you first met, what she/he looked like at the wedding, that memorable date you had, the time you first truly knew you were in love…
Another loving and lovely idea is to spell out the reasons why you love them, in list form! These can be nice… or naughty… Or a bit of both! **Wink wink, nudge nudge.**
If those aren’t quite your speed, here’s yet another idea for writing in your sweetheart’s anniversary card: tell them where you see yourselves in 5/10/25 years. Dream big!
All in all, the main point is to think about your spouse.
- What do they like and appreciate?
- What makes him smile, her swoon?
- When do you feel closest?
- How well do you know his or her deepest desires and hopes and dreams?
Talk about those things, and in doing so express your love.
If you do these things, your card will be a winner for sure! Here are some great quotes, wishes, and romantic messages to inspire you and get you on the right track.
101 Happy Anniversary Quotes for Your Spouse
Bonus: We have all the best wedding anniversary quotes for you card, of course. Be sure to read on past the quotes for cute image/memes to share with some of the best of these quotes on them, and then printable card templates that you can personalize and print at home. So be sure to read to the end – it’s full service around here!
Romantic Wedding Anniversary Messages
Short, sweet, and romantic, these anniversary wishes recall the special day.
1. You’re the love of my life, and this new year together will only prove that all the more.
2. The best thing I ever did was to say “I do” to you.
3. Happy anniversary to the love of my life.
4. Cheers, cuddles, and congratulations for putting up with me this long!
5. I would say “I do” all over again!
6. You’re the love of my life and I treasure every moment we’ve been together.
7. Happy anniversary in honor of the best day of my life – the day I married you!
8. Hugs and kisses to the best hugger and kisser in the world.
9. Remember when they said, “You may kiss the bride?” Yeah. Let’s do that part again.
10. All my love eternally.
Anniversary Wishes for Your Husband
They aren’t always easy to shop for, these mancubs, and they aren’t always easy to pen something for either! Here are a few prompts to get you started.
11. Happy anniversary to my favorite husband!
12. It’s our anniversary, and I can’t help… falling in love with you.
13. Cheers and dreams for many more years ahead with you.
14. Love and hugs and kisses. But mostly those kisses.
15. Dreams really do come true, and you’re living proof.
16. If I had to do it all over again… I’d do it all over again a million times.
17. You’re the peanut butter to my jelly.
18. You make my life light up and my eyebrows waggle suggestively.
19. I’m so glad I’m the ball to your chain!
20. You continually sweep me off my feet.
Anniversary Wishes for Your Wife
Sure, she wants a present, but what she really wants is something lovely written in a card, “for her eyes only.” Here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing!
21. You’re more beautiful now than you were when I met you.
22. I’m so glad you said Yes.
23. To my wife: my biggest fan and best supporter.
24. I love you more than anything in this world.
25. You have my heart forever and ever.
26. You’re so out of my league!
27. The best day was when you said “I do” to me. I’d do it a hundred more times!
28. The memories we have are only going to get better with the memories we are making now.
29. Remember that time we got married? That was the best.
30. You are so beautiful to me and only getting more lovely.
Sweet Little Nothings for Your Beloved
Tender little quips and quotes to make them melt.
31. It’s always been you.
32. Me + You = Happiness.
33. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
34. I love you a bushel AND a peck.
Funny Anniversary Quotes
Mushy love stuff is fun, but sometimes you’re looking for ways to make your lover laugh!
36. Me Jane, you Tarzan. Now, come here, and kiss me!
37. I’m glad I picked you to marry instead of that other guy/girl. Disaster averted!
38. We could call it quits but we both know you’ll never find another like me!
39. The secret to a good marriage is to never go to bed angry. Make him sleep on the couch instead.
40. Do you like me? Check Yes or No.
Anniversary Bible Verses
With Christ as the center of your marriage, here are some Scriptures to inspire your love and express your faith.
41. Proverbs 5:18-19
Let your fountain be blessed,
and rejoice in the wife of your youth,
a lovely deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight;
be intoxicated always in her love.
42. Colossians 3:14
Above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
43. Ephesians 4:23
With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love.
44. Song of Songs 8:6-7
Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it.
45. Ecclesiastes 4:9
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
Happy Anniversary Quotes for Others
It’s not your big day, it’s theirs! Celebrate with them with some great quote ideas for your anniversary card.
46. You two make it look so easy!
47. Congratulations and know that you guys are #lifegoals.
48. A shining example for us all!
49. When we think of true love, we think of you two.
50. The fairy tale is possible – we’ve seen it in your lives!
Anniversary Wishes for a Couple
Great for co-workers, neighbors, distant family, these quotes are sweet and simple.
51. Happy anniversary to the cutest couple on the block!
52. Cheers to many more!
53. I was there when you said “I do,” and I’ve loved every minute after!
54. There’s no couple that better shows love, trust, and genuine affection for one another. I’m already planning your golden wedding anniversary gift!
55. You two make it look so easy – happy anniversary!
Anniversary Wishes for a Friend
Whether it’s your BFF or that favorite coworker, here are some inspiring quotes to put in your card.
56. Happy anniversary to the couple who does it best!
57. Happiness looks good on you!
58. You make marriage look amazing everyday!
59. When I think of a wonderful marriage, I think of yours.
60. Happy anniversary to my Bestie and that guy my Bestie loves (thanks for sharing her).
Funny Anniversary Quotes for Your Friends
Sentimental and sappy is fun too, but we really love to laugh!
61. “Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.” — Henny Youngman, English-American comedian and musician
62. “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need ten years before you can call yourself a beginner.” — Jerry Seinfeld, comedian
63. Happy anniversary to our favorite weirdos!
64. “Marriage a bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.” — Ogden Nash, poet
65. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness–and call it love–true love.” — Robert Fulgham, author
Anniversary Wishes for Your Parents
Their marriage has been a success! After all, they had you, didn’t they?
66. Happy anniversary to my all-time favorite parents.
67. I’m sure today you’re remembering your second favorite day: your wedding day. First was when I was born, right?
68. Happy anniversary, from your best-looking and most-favorite child.
69. Happy anniversary to the ones who always give me hope, love, life, and joy!
70. Mom and Dad, you are a brilliant example of who I want to be when I grow up.
71. Happy anniversary to the couple who always seem to make it work (and make it look good).
72. Happy anniversary – your love knows no bounds!
73. The best love story I’ve ever witnessed. Happy anniversary.
74. You make it all look so easy and fun! Blessed to have watched your married life only get stronger.
75. “Husbands and wives are irritating. But without them, who would we blame for misplacing our socks?” – Janet Periat, American writer
Happy Anniversary to Both of You Quotes
When you have couple friends, the party never stops! Here are some fun, witty, clever, and sappy quotes to put in your anniversary card for the happy couple.
76. Happy anniversary to the couple who constantly make us look like pathetic losers. Thanks for that.
77. You guys know how to make it last and make it special!
78. Thanks for letting me a third wheel. Again. Happy anniversary.
79. You two are kinda gross, but happy anniversary.
80. Feel free to PDA it up!
81. Happy anniversary to the couple who make me only slightly queasy when you kiss in front of me.
82. Happy anniversary to the couple who make me regret all my life’s (single) choices.
83. Get a room already!
84. You’re nauseatingly in love and it’s super gross.
85. Happy anniversary, you two lovebirds!
86. “Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.” — Billy Connolly, Scottish comedian
87. Love looks good on you two!
88. Whatever you’ve been doing, by all means, keep it up!
89. Happy anniversary to the ones who make the rest of us go, ugh, get a room!
90. “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.” — Catherine Zeta-Jones, actress
91. Know who I look to for an example of a great marriage? Well, mostly celebrities, but then you guys.
92. Happy anniversary to the most fun couple around!
93. For your anniversary gift I’m going to admire your marriage from afar. How do you do it?!
94. You make it look so easy and good that I’m about to start dating again! Happy anniversary and wish me luck!
95. “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” — Ogden Nash, poet
96. You’re the Monica and Chandler to our Rachel and Ross!
97. You inspire us to be better. Happy anniversary!
98. “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner, comedian
99. Happy anniversary to the only couple we actually love hanging out with!
100. “Husband secretly lowers the thermostat and I secretly turn it back up. We both vehemently deny touching it. Marriage is fun.” —Stephanie Ortiz
101. Happy anniversary to the second-best looking couple around, with much love from the first.
Sweet Things to Say in Happy Anniversary Messages
The secret of a happy marriage is, in a way, very simple: Think about what your better half appreciates, and tell or show them that.
It’s these little things that makes a successful marriage.
One of the best ways to express that you’re thinking about them is to compliment, praise, and affirm your spouse. Here are some sweet things to include in your happy anniversary wishes, note, card, or message.
- You’re my best friend
- Of all the good things in life, you’re the very best
- You’re a beautiful person
- I’m going to spend the rest of my life loving you
- The right person for me is you
- You have my unwavering love
- The best decision I ever made was marrying you
- I love you more each passing day
- We’re in the middle of our lifetime of happiness
- I’m a better person because you’re in my life
- You make my heart sing
- I love your….
- Good judgment
- Sense of humor
Happy Anniversary Images
Here are some cute quote memes to share!
The best thing I ever did was to say I do to you.
You’re the peanut butter to my jelly.
I love you more than anything in this world.
Me + You = Happiness.
Do you like me? Check Yes or No.
“Above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” – Colossians 3:14
Happy anniversary to the cutest couple on the block!
Happy anniversary to our favorite weirdos!
The best love story I’ve ever witnessed. Happy anniversary.
Love looks good on you two!
Happy Anniversary Cards
Hey, check it out – we have some gorgeous premium cards for you to have shipped to you and others that you can print at home (instantly!) and express your love. Because that’s how we do it: Not only do we have the quotes, we have the cards too. Enjoy!
1. Golden Frame Anniversary Card Printable Template (Download)
Cute and simple, with “Forever & Always” on the inside along with plenty of space to write your sweet anniversary message. Instantly download and print.
2. Together Always Anniversary Card (Physical)
This gorgeous card features “LOVE” in stunning cutout against a blue background. Order and have it shipped to you.
3. Of All The Days I’ve Lived
How sweet is this minimalistic card? The best ones have truly been with you.
4. Happy Anniversary To My Everything (Physical)
For the spouse whose love language is bagels, this is the perfect way to show how much you care.
5. Roses are Red Anniversary Card Printable Template (Digital)
The famous poem, in this card, ends with “I’m happy to be spending this anniversary with you.”
6. Pixel Perfect Heart Anniversary Card (Physical)
Here’s one for the old-school gamers, who know the true value of your heart.
7. Map Of Our Love
A sweet anniversary card celebrates your love story in the cutest way.
8. Adventure Together Anniversary Card for Camping Couples (Physical)
There’s nothing better than getting away – just the two of you! – to the great outdoors. Show how much you treasure your time together with this cute card.
9. Forever & Always Anniversary Card Printable Template (Digital)
Lovely pink hues complement the vintage-style art flowers. For a special someone with old fashioned sensibilities, this card is the perfect blank slate to write a meaningful and romantic message.
10. Flowers & Hedgehogs Anniversary Card (Physical)
Cute hedgehogs! You know you want it, because she’s going to love it.
11. Cats Cuddling Anniversary Card
For the cat parents in love – this card is for you.
12. Pop Up Anniversary Card
How stunningly gorgeous is this card! The scenic bridge, the swans, the blossoming cherry tree… this card has it all. Now you’ll just have to plan a date that’s half as romantic as the card.
13. This Adventure We Call Marriage Anniversary Card Printable (Digital)
I have fallen in love with you a million times over again, and I look forward to the million more times it happens again. Happy Anniversary. (That’s what the inside says. Not bad!)
14. Wooden Anniversary Card (Physical)
Level up your anniversary card with this wooden laser-etched card! It’s a genuine keepsake that he or she will treasure for years to come.
15. So Lucky To Have You
This gorgeous floral filled anniversary card says everything you wanted to say and more.
Read Next: Best Gifts for Your 11th Anniversary