Last Updated on July 21, 2021
Coaches put in much more time, effort, emotion, and mental energy into their craft than most people realize. It isn’t all just blowing whistles and yelling at kids while they run sprints.
For some, it’s the late nights scratching out names on a clipboard to ensure that each young teamster gets a fair share of playing time, or the burden of worry for cutting them from the only constructive activity in their rough life.
For others, it is the hassle of politics and money concerns while you are trying to keep a winning record and hold on to your job. And for still more coaches, it’s the simple joy of watching young athletes overcome obstacles to triumph on and off the field, then staying behind to pack the equipment away and dump out the watered-down Gatorade cooler.
Yes, a coach puts a lot of work in to their team. Because of this, despite their often gruff exterior many coaches have a streak of the softie inside… somewhere. That’s why you want to get them the perfect coach’s gift. You want to show them that you see their hard work, their long hours, and their ability to put in all on hold for a kid who can’t figure out algebra.
So here we have gathered for you the very best gift ideas for sports coaches. These items include unique, creative, and personalized items, as well as classic sporting accessories and traditional coaching tools. We hope this helps you find a great thank-you gift for a coach, a meaningful retirement gift, or just the right touch for a personal birthday gift.
21 Sports Coach Gift Ideas
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Personalized Coach Gift Tumbler Mug
Every coach knows the importance of proper hydration… or at least a good strong cup of coffee for those early-morning practices.
You can get the personalized Coach tumbler pictured above (and below) here.
Our Polar Camel tumblers are double-walled, vacuum sealed, and will keep drinks hot (or cold) for hours. Plus they include custom laser etching of anything you like, no additional charge!
Choose a tumbler as your perfect gift idea for a coach and watch them use it year-round. Plenty of styles, sizes, and colors, too!
2. Best Coach Because…
This affordable coach appreciation gift is durable, made with solid wood panels protecting the card stock pages. It comes in a lovely burlap gift bag, and features 30 pages so that the whole team can write out their appreciation and thanks to an amazing coach.
And it’s not just for softball, either. Find nor sports themes (basketball, soccer, football, volleyball, etc.) are available here for any and every coach.
3. Bottle Opener Retirement Gift
Here is a memorable, personalized, and sure-to-be-used retirement gift idea for a sports coach. Made in the USA from solid wood with a gorgeous cast iron bottle opener, this beast is engraved to order to celebrate the legacy of a retiring coach.
4. Custom Bobblehead
How about something totally unique: A personalized bobble head made to look like coach! These collectible dolls can be made for any sport, with team color shirts and a custom head, all handcrafted from polymer clay.
See more styles and themes (including groomsmen gifts, hunting, doctors, couples, and more) here.
5. Personalized Vintage Coach Sign
A beautiful personalized vintage sign that will look great in any coach’s office, this piece is crafted in the USA from furniture-grade wood, screen printed in a timeless design, and distressed by hand.
The hanging name board can be personalized with the coach’s name and more. Use the second line for a special championship season, to note the coach’s role or sport, or for the team or school name.
And of course the centerpiece of this coach gift is a hand-carved relief in three dimensions of a classic coach’s whistle. A truly one-of-a-kind gift for the sports coach in your life.
6. Yes, Coach T-Shirt
This is what you want to hear from every player, every time. Show up for practice 10 minutes early? Yes, Coach. Run 50 wind sprints? Yes, Coach. Drop and give me 100? Yes, Coach.
7. Personalized Coach’s Whistle
Here is a classy, simple, affordable, and personalized coach appreciation gift. The golden coach’s whistle can include custom laser engraving and arrives with a lanyard in a lovely gift-ready box.
8. Coach Organizer Bucket Liner
A great organizational accessory, a bucket sleeve is the perfect gift for a new coach. They can tote all the balls, pumps, tools, whistles, and more in a handy five-gallon bucket. Great for Little League and tennis coaches.
As if coach’s voice isn’t already loud enough… This bullhorn works equally well as a practical purchase or a joke gift.
Maybe coach can be heard up and down the field at all times, or maybe coach is the soft-spoken type that instantly commands silence and respect. In any case, all coaches need a bullhorn for some reason or another. This one is a great choice.
10. Custom Engraved Mini Bat
These personalized mini bats are a fun way to show appreciation to your baseball coach. Engrave them with the team logo, player names, or the details of a championship season.
3. Old Fashioned Sports Bar Mirror
This gorgeous antique-style sports bar mirror is made in the USA with a genuine wood frame and real glass. Includes fun old-fashioned design in full color with the coach’s name splashed across the top. A beautiful heirloom gift for a coach.
You may also enjoy: 21 Personalized Gifts for Him
12. Coach Beer Mugs
How about a set of pilsner or pint glasses? Etch the different glasses with each coach’s name or perhaps their favorite phrase.
13. Sports Movies
Who doesn’t love a great sports movie? The drama of sports on the silver screen is the next-best thing to watching your favorite teams play live on the field. Here are some fun and well-reviewed sports movies that feature great coaches and managers.
14. Thanks Coach Chalkboard Photo Frame
Celebrate a beloved coach with a sports team photo frame, personally signed by each member of the team.
This basketball coach photo frame looks like a court and measures 8×10, with space for a 4×6 photo. With a modern look and the ability to customize at a moment’s notice, this is a great gift for your sports coach.
15. Customized Photo/Logo Basketball
This personalized ball is the ultimate basketball coach appreciation gift. Custom printed with the photo or logo of your choice, this is the “game ball” of the year to celebrate a memorable championship season.
16. Sports Bar Quarter Barrel Sign
An authentic barrel top sign for the coach in your life. This premium gift idea is made to look just like the top “quarter” of an oak barrel, with real wood staves and a steel hoop surrounding the edges.
The sports bar design includes vintage-style lettering, a rustic stain finish, free personalization, and a hand-carved relief of a quarterback deep in the pocket. The perfect coach gift idea for a classy sports-themed home bar.
17. Personalized 10th Inning Sports Pub Sign
When the 10th inning rolls around, you know it’s time to grab a cold beer. For a baseball coach, extra innings are when you arrive home and can relax in your sports bar man cave.
This coach gift idea is made with furniture-grade wood in the USA and includes personalization, plus a hand-carved relief of a baseball mitt and ball.
18. Personalized Basketball Desk Clock
This quirky and fun trophy is a great gift for a basketball coach. It’s designed like a basketball court, complete with hoop and ball, and includes a clock in the backboard along with personalized etching of the coach’s name.
19. Team Signature Coach Gift
For a fun alternative to the signature photo frame, give your coach this signature décor piece that simply says “Coach.” Attractive, modern, minimalist, and affordable. This is a great gift for your team’s coach.
You may also enjoy: 21 Personalized Gifts for Her
20. Personalized Sports Clipboard
What’s a coach without their clipboard?! This one takes it up a level because it’s designed to look like the hardwood court AND includes your coach’s name or the team’s mascot/logo printed in the center. This gift is a winner!
21. SHHHH! The Game is On Socks
Coaches can’t always be on the field, on the court, on their feet. Sometimes a good coach needs to just relax, put their feet up, pop open a cold one, and enjoy the game.
On the bottom of the feet these socks say, “If you can read this… SHHH!! The game is on”
Well, those were our 21 most-favorite coach gift ideas. If you still want to browse more ideas, especially some ones you can personalize, see here.
Read Next: 10 Best Gifts for Soccer Coach
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- 50 Perfect Retirement Gifts That Retirees Actually Love What's a better excuse for a party than a retirement? We can't think of anything! And what are some great retirement gifts for the well-deserved gu...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- 101 Best Old Age Jokes for Birthday Cards Getting old is no joke. **Pregnant pause.......** Of course it is! Getting old is hilarious. With each passing year, it's best to share a lau...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered. H...
- 3rd Anniversary Gifts: Best 3-Year Ideas (Traditional & Modern) Whew! You made it through the first two years of wedded bliss. "They" say the first two years are the hardest. Let's hope so. Marriage is a beautif...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for a...