Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Today we’re sharing with you the 17 best orthodontist gifts for your gift-giving delight.
Is this an orthodontist thank-you gift after your braces have come off? Is it Orthodontist Appreciation Week and you’re looking for something for your boss? Or is the ortho your spouse, relative, or friend?
Your orthodontist has given you a priceless gift: a beautiful smile that you can be proud of. Naturally, you want to show your doc just how much you appreciate all they’ve done for you (and your pearly whites) by giving them a little something special.
Are you, rather, looking for the perfect gift for your boss? Keep reading, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Or maybe you are looking for that perfect orthodontist-themed gift for a friend or family member. Perhaps someone special in your life has just graduated, retired, or is having a birthday. We’ve got the perfect gifts for your ortho friend.
Whatever your relationship to this special orthodontist may be, we’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look at the ideas and see if we can find you that perfect gift!
Best Orthodontist Gifts for All Occasions
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
Here’s what we have for you:
- Gifts for Orthodontists
- Orthodontist Graduation Gifts
- Orthodontist Retirement Gifts
- Gifts for the Orthodontist’s Office
Gifts for Orthodontists
Orthodontists gifts come in all shapes and sizes. Here are a few that really stand out:
1. Set of 4 Ceramic Flower Teeth Pots
How cute are these little tooth-shaped planter pots?! Your orthodontist will enjoy caring for and watching their plants grow out of these cute “teeth.”
It’s the perfect decor for desks, coffee tables, bookshelves or mantles in the home or office.
Your order comes with four high-quality clay planters that measure 7 x 10 cm each.
These little pots do not include the plants, so be sure to do the planting ahead of time (or include some succulent seeds) before you do the gifting.
2. “All Together Now” Teeth Shirt
For fun orthodontist gifts, you can’t go wrong with fun t-shirts! This one takes the cake.
Imagine the look on your doctor’s face when they open this gift and see those silly braced teeth looking up at them! Casual Fridays just got a whole lot more fun.
This All Together Now! Orthodontist T-Shirt is available in three different shades (black, dark gray or light gray) and several different sizes.
3. Custom Engraved Tumbler
Orthodontists and dentists have a lot on their plates. They have numerous patients to care for and worry about, all day long, and sometimes the stress of their job can make them forget to properly care for themselves.
Staying hydrated is super important no matter who you are, but especially if you’re a doctor. So help your fave orthodontist remember to drink up with this super fun tumbler from Northwest Gifts.
This Polar Camel tumbler comes custom engraved with their name and a cute little tooth. Another popular design is this one, which you can customize to say anything you like:
Have it say “Best Receptionist Ever” or “Best Orthodontist Assistant” or anything you like.
The tumblers are double walled and vacuum sealed for maximum insulation. Each design is available in many different styles and colors, and with bulk discounts too. So you can personalize one for every team member!
4. Custom Orthodontist’s Mug
Your orthodontist will enjoy sipping her morning cup o’ joe from this cute mug.
It features a cartoon character in her own likeness, as well as her name, which makes it that much more special and fun.
And with the smiling tooth wearing a set of braces, she won’t have to explain to anyone what kind of a doctor she is.
When ordering, you get to choose from several different cartoon characters, so pick the one that most closely resembles your orthodontist! You can also choose between glasses/no glasses.
These ceramic mugs hold up to 15 ounces and are both dishwasher and microwave safe.
Orthodontist Graduation Gifts
Memorable orthodontist gifts for the recent graduate? We’ve got ’em:
5. Personalized Walnut Wood Keepsake Box
Graduation is a special time for anyone, but perhaps more so for med school students.
I mean, med students have been in school FOREVER.
To finally be done with all that hard work demands respect. What better way to show it to the brand new orthodontist in your life than to surprise them with a special graduation gift?
But don’t just get them any gift, get them a gift that will last them a lifetime. A gift like this Walnut Wood Keepsake Box. It’s something that they can treasure forever, and in which they can keep their forever treasures.
This keepsake box is crafted from walnut wood and comes with a hinged lid (which can hold a 5″ x 7″ photo). Laser engraving on the glass panel includes an image of a tooth as well as personalization of your choosing. The interior is lined with soft black felt.
6. Tooth Bracelet Watercolor Print
For the fun-loving grad, get them something uber interesting that they can hang in their new office. This “Tooth Bracelet” Watercolor Print is super colorful and perfect for the brand new orthodontist just starting out.
From paper to canvas to velvet, you choose the medium (and size) you’d like this watercolor printed on.
7. “She Believed She Could, So She Did” Keychain
For a little something sweet that will still the new orthodontist in your life of her major accomplishment, you can’t go wrong with a cute keychain like this one.
All she has to do is hook this triumphant set onto her purse or key ring, to proudly display wherever she goes. “She believed she could, so she did!” Stainless steel and hypoallergenic.
8. “Say Aah-Some!” Throw Pillow
Another cool gift for the grad to display in their new place of work. This “Say Aah-some!” throw pillow from Zazzle has a sort of retro, textbook style look to it, but with all the necessary elements of modern comfort and style.
This polyester pillow is made from soft knit fabric that allows it a smooth, wrinkle-free look. Measures 16″ x 16″ and includes pillow insert.
Orthodontist Retirement Gifts
Your favorite orthodontist is getting ready to retire after many years of dedicated service to smiles everywhere. Surprise them with a thoughtful retirement gift:
9. Custom Engraved Bird Feeder
After many years in the office, your doctor is probably looking forward to some much-needed rest and relaxation at home. No doubt much of that time will be spent outside, so why not enhance their experience with a personalized bird feeder?
This beautiful bird feeder is made of cedar wood and features an engraved Staff of Hermes on the front acrylic panel (along with personalization of your choosing). From top to bottom it measures 10.5″ tall.
It’s a truly thoughtful gift because a) it’s personalized, and b) it goes outside, meaning it won’t clutter up their home or office. Plus c) it draws in birds and helps care for creation. A great idea for anyone!
10. Personalized Bamboo Wood Cutting Board
Do you know an orthodontist who’s second calling in life would have been as a chef? Were they are the type who like to cook as a means to unwind/relax after a long day of straightening teeth?
If so, now that they’re retiring they’re going to have more time than ever to enjoy this passion. And you’ve got this golden opportunity to gift them something that will go a long way in the kitchen.
Enter these beautiful Bamboo Wood Cutting Boards from Northwest Gifts. Each design includes your orthodontist’s name, plus other personalized and creative accents. Each one measures 18″ x 12″.
11. Personalized Walnut and Maple Wood Bottle Opener
If you haven’t noticed already, personalization is kind of our thing over at Northwest Gifts. This Walnut Wood and Maple Wood Bottle Opener, designed specifically with the new retiree in mind, is another great example. Your orthodontist’s name and year of retirement are the central features of this beautiful gift.
This bottle opener is made of solid, long-lasting maple and comes with a walnut frame. The opener itself is cast iron. Can be used as a permanent, wall-mounted fixture in the home, or as a portable opener. Measures 8.75″ x 5.25″ x 1″.
12. Custom Engraved Retirement Sign
Gift them this maple wood, laser-engraved Retirement Sign, and your doc can proudly display the details of their career. At the same time it will remind them that the work they contributed will always be appreciated. You choose the size and board color.
13. Erin Condren Travel Planner
If you already know that your orthodontist is going to be going cross country (or abroad) once retirement is official, consider getting them something that they could really use during their travels.
Wanderlust meets its match with this Erin Condren travel planner. From packing lists and budget goals to meal planning and more, this planner has everything they’ll need to make their trip a memorable – and highly organized- one.
Plus it includes a sheet of fun travel-themed stickers!
Gifts for the Orthodontist’s Office
One of these cool gifts is sure to kick up a notch any orthodontist’s office:
14. Pacific Crest Wooden Orthodontist Sign
Out of our Pacific Crest series comes this gorgeous piece of handiwork.
This Personalized Wooden Orthodontist Sign will add a touch of sophistication to your orthodontist’s office, all the while showing off their credentials, business motto, and/or anything else you know they’d love.
Made right here in our Oregon shop from alder and birch ply, this plaque is available in two sizes and arrives ready to hang.
15. Essential Oil Diffuser
Help your orthodontist turn their office into their home away from home with this essential oil diffuser/humidifier.
Features include two different misting modes, eight different light colors that they can change/change the dimness of, and an auto shut-off feature for when the water level gets low. It can function as a humidifier only, or as a night light.
Going with this gift? You might want to throw in some soothing essential oils, too.
16. Tooth Plushie
Maybe you’re looking for gift ideas for your child’s orthodontist. This person has to be special to be able to care for kiddos, who are often not the easiest patients.
You want to show your appreciation to them and all that they’ve done to care for your child’s teeth, so what better way than to get them an office gift perfect for a pediatric practice?
Enter this cute I Heart Guts tooth plushie. With two dot eyes, a smiling face and even a little tooth of it’s own, this simple kawaii toy will both brighten up the office and provide much-needed comfort to nervous youngsters.
17. Orthodontist Wood Plank Sign with Name Board
When it comes to orthodontist gifts for the office, the more impressive the better.
Well, it doesn’t get much more impressive than this Orthodontist Wood Plank Sign, which includes a personalized hanging name board.
This sign will bring a vintage feel into a modern medical practice, while still displaying your doc’s name and school (or however else you want to personalize it) and “Bonafide College Degree.”
Includes a 3D resin tooth applique and measures a rather impressive 24″ x 16″.
Bonus Orthodontist Gift: Decorative Fire Extinguishers
Every professional wants their office to be safe – and doubly so when clients and staff are concerned!
So fire safety is important. You need to have a fire extinguisher (or several) on hand; why not make it something that is super-cool?
Check out the vast selection of eye-candy fire extinguishers from Safe-T. These include a variety of themes ranging from this premium brass beauty to photo-realistic tropical fish and many more fun designs.
More Gifts for Orthodontists
Many of the gifts mentioned above were picked with the orthodontist’s profession in mind.
But orthodontists aren’t just doctors! They’re people too, just like you and me… they have families and hobbies and well, lives, outside of work.
With that in mind, here are some more gift ideas for orthodontists that don’t necessarily pay homage to just their jobs. These gifts could be for anyone, really… some are even DIY!
- A gift card to their favorite restaurant or store
- A eucalyptus scented candle to help them unwind after a long day
- An adult coloring book for some much needed stress relief (and some quality coloring markers to go with it)
- An activity tracker to help them stay in tip top shape…doctors know better than anyone the value of good health!
- A DIY gift basket filled with healthy, nutritious (and teeth-friendly) snacks; here are some ideas
- An instant camera they can use to capture life’s fleeting moments
- A personalized journal in which they can write about the day’s events, let off steam, draw in, etc.
- This cute (and snarky) mug that doctors everywhere can appreciate
- A personalized DIY retirement poster
- A stunning wooden pepper mill that also comes personalized
- A geometric plant terrarium
For next-level personalized gift ideas, tailored especially for those in the medical profession (orthodontists included!), click here.
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- The 20 Most Classy Wine Quotes of All Time At Northwest Gifts, some of our most enduringly popular items are from our Wine Decor and Wine Barrel collections, and we also love customizing our p...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...