Last Updated on January 27, 2021
Land surveyors can have a pretty fun job. Enjoying the outdoors in all weather, navigating any and every type of terrain, blocking downtown traffic if necessary… well, you really have to be a special person to be a good land surveyor.
Thankfully, there are plenty of special land surveyors out there. If you know someone who is a surveyor, who is important to you, and has a special occasion coming up, these are the most brilliant land surveyor gift ideas on the market.
Whether it’s a birthday, Christmas, graduation, a promotion, or retirement, these land surveyor gifts are the best choices for anyone who has, is, or will be paying their dues in this occupation of spatial precision.
13 Best Land Surveyor Gifts
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
1. Custom All-Weather Tumbler Mug
It may get cold outside, but your coffee won’t in this amazing (and personalized!) tumbler travel mug.
Custom laser etched with any text or logo, these stainless steel cups feature double walls with a vacuum-sealed interior that ensures your drinks stay boiling hot (or freezing cold) for hours on end.
We also have a huge variety of tumbler colors and sizes that you can get custom engraved with any text or logo you like, no minimum and with generous bulk discount rates. Check them out here.
2. Custom Engraved Wooden Surveyor Plaque
A Northwest Gifts Original, this contemporary-yet-rustic personalized wooden surveyor plaque is a beautiful combination of craftsmanship and laser engraved precision.
Handcrafted in our Oregon shop, this sign features a walnut-stained alder wood frame and birch ply centerpiece laser etched with a surveyor theme that is both modern and timeless. You can personalize any part of the sign you like, and it is available in two sizes plus an option to personalize further with a hanging name board. The perfect surveryor gift idea!
3. Vintage Personalized Land Surveyor Plaque
For something with more of an old-fashioned look, what better gift than a beautifully personalized wooden Land Surveyor plaque, made in the USA from solid furniture grade wood.
This surveyor gift arrives ready to hang, with hand-distressed finish, vintage look and feel, and a 3-dimensional hand-carved applique centerpiece
4. Custom Laser Engraved Walnut Wood Keepsake Box
This walnut wood keepsake box is real walnut, made in the USA, and completely customized for the land surveyor in your life. As such, it makes a great commemorative gift for any special occasion, including graduation, advancement, and retirement. It includes a personalized engraved name plate and can optionally be customized on the glass (yes, glass, not acrylic!) top-opening lid.
5. Land Surveyor Document Tube
Land plots, building plans, architectural blueprints, city zoning documents… the list could go on. Protect those plans and keep your land surveyor lookin’ good with a premium leather document tube.
6. Personalized Bird Feeder
If your land surveyor is the outdoorsy type, consider a custom engraved cedar wood bird feeder. This can be laser etched with the surveyor’s name, company logo, theodolite, or whatever else you want.
A well-filled bird feeder will draw wildlife close in, whether it’s hung at home or at the office. This is truly a unique gift idea for a land surveyor!
7. Cordless Dremel Tool
A cordless dremel will come in handy for fixing and gerry-rigging all sorts of things. This is especially important for surveyors who are working out and about all the time, and have to rely on their wits and whatever they can find in their truck.
8. Personalized Oak Aging Barrel
Maybe the land surveyor in your life has always appreciated a good scotch. Well, why not provide the means to get into home aging of classic spirits?
These oak barrels are made with American White Oak and a medium interior char to age and flavor whiskey, wine, rum, tequila, and more with that special barrel-aged flavor. A great DIY kit that includes custom engraving on the barrel head.
9. Custom Engraved Cutting Board
For many people, cooking and puttering about in the kitchen is a form of relaxation. To boot, the end result is something healthy and delicious. Or at least delicious.
If you know a land surveyor who likes to unwind by cooking up great meals, give the gift of a beautiful custom engraved cutting board.
This is a uniquely personalized gift. It’s totally one-of-a-kind, yet it will be put to use every day when slicing fresh-baked bread for a sack lunch sandwich, dicing vegetables for homemade stew, or any other slicing, dicing, chopping, or cutting kitchen tasks.
10. Playmobil Surveyor Toy Set
What’s not to love about this fun Playmobil surveyor figurine set? This is the sort of thing that will bring a smile when they unwrap it, but you’ll find it glued to their dash or displayed on their office desk for years to come. The perfect surveyor gift for the fun and lighthearted professional.
11. Personalized Wall Mounted Bottle Opener
This is a simple, rustic, and personalized gift idea. A wall-mounted bottle opener is the perfect accent for the home bar, man cave, garage, or back porch. Handcrafted in the USA from solid wood and custom engraved to order, the surveyor in your life will put this gift to good use.
12. The Surveyor Wallet
This American-made leather wallet presents a slim and convenient way to carry the little items a surveyor needs to be effective in their work. The compact design, incredibly, holds a pen and notepad along with space for cash, credit cards, and identification.
13. Theodolite Surveyor Shirt
The surveyor’s transit, in old-fashioned sketch detail, on a comfy long-sleeved t-shirt. This is a nice gift idea for the surveyor in your life – the one who loves the nerd elements of surveying and also will appreciate the warmth offered by the long-sleeve tee.
If this list hasn’t inspired you, well, we won’t ask what’s wrong with you (we’ll just think it!). Instead, we’ll point you to some further gift ideas you can apply to the surveyor in your life:
- Surveyor Gift Guide from Northwest Gifts
- Personalized Gifts for the Women in Your Life
- 15 Simple Gift Ideas for Men That Will Always Be in Style
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 10 Social Worker Gifts to Honor Their Service & Devotion What gift can you give to a social worker that will really honor their service and devotion to their job and to others? Social workers are true se...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...