Last Updated on October 7, 2020
Whether the nurse practitioner in your life is graduating, retiring, celebrating a birthday, or visiting for the holidays, you’ll want to find the very best nurse practitioner gift ideas. Here are 21 of our favorites.
21 Nurse Practitioner Gift Ideas
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Vintage Nurse Practitioner Plaque with Custom Name Board
This is our very favorite gift idea for a nurse practitioner. Quality American-made production, furniture-grade wood, crafted to order by hand, custom silkscreened, distressed by hand, optional hanging name board with name and more, hand-carved 3 dimensional relief of a caduceus snake & wings applique.
This will be a treasured heirloom gift that will be on the wall for years to come. Get yours here!
Pro Tip: You can add as many name boards as you like! Get a name board for each NP in your office….
2. Glam Scrub Hats
Check out these unique and rockin’ nurse practitioner scrub hats from Scrumptious Scrub Hatz on Etsy. For the NP who loves to look great while helping others, this is the way to go.
3. Personalized Tumbler
Every nurse knows the pain of trying to keep a drink hot or cold while bouncing from patient to patient. These vacuum-sealed tumblers are amazingly produced to solve this dilemma for the nurse in your life. Get the “best ever” design shown above here, and check out even more colors and options here.
Plus, all of our tumblers can be personalized with any name, quote, and even logo at no extra charge! (A great way to promote your practice. Oh, and we offer bulk discounts and no minimum.)
Pro Tip: Engrave it with their name so they’ll always know which is theirs!
4. Insulated Stainless Steel Nurse Practitioner Mug
A bargain choice, this insulated mug holds 16oz and features the medical Caduceus surrounded by the initials N and P for Nurse Practitioner. Available here. This stainless steel mug is available in multiple colors!
5. Personalized Bamboo Cutting Board
For the nurse practitioner who loves to cook, our two-toned bamboo wood cutting board is the perfect gift.
The spacious 18″ x 12″ board includes personalized etching in attractive fonts with a gorgeous floral pattern. Ideal for everyday use or display, this is a gift they won’t forget!
6. Snarky Nurse Practitioner Coffee Mug
This classic nurse practitioner ceramic coffee mug features a colorful and appropriately snarky quote: “Please do not confuse your Google search with my NP degree.”
Pro Tip: You can also get a completely customized laser engraved glass coffee mug here, with any text, name, or clip art engraved on it.
7. The Nurse Practitioner Is In Rustic Sign
This cute and rustic NP plaque is hand made from solid wood and painted then laser engraved. Available here, and you can choose from a wide variety of finish and text colors.
8. 3M Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethescope
A premium quality stethoscope is one of the basic tools of the nurse practitioner’s trade. The Littmann Classic is the top-of-the-line choice and an industry standard. Get it here.
9. Nurse Sleeping Door Sign
They wouldn’t be a nurse practitioner if they didn’t need this sign. Get it here.
10. Storage Clipboard
Keep everything accessible and organized with this storage clipboard. Available in multiple colors here.
Pro Tip: You should also check out this bright pink clipboard that includes a nursing cheat sheet on the back!
11. I’d tap that Nurse T-Shirt
Nurses draw a lot of blood. Sometimes it gets tough. So when they see a great set of veins, they can’t help but think, “I’d tap that.”
12. Keep Calm Nurse Practitioner Gift Ideas
Check out this great collection of nurse practitioner gift ideas with the classic “Keep Calm” theme, including mugs, t-shirts, keychains, and more. Browse “Keep Calm and Nurse On” gifts here.
13. C. Diff Gross-Out Nurse Practitioner Gift Ideas
While researching for this post, I ran across a comment from a real NP who said that her favorite gift she ever received was a coffee mug that said, “This tastes like C. Diff.” If you’re not sure what that means, here you go.
If the NP in your life has a dark or quirky sense of humor, they just might treasure a gift like that. Here are a few suggestions:
14. Custom Engraved Keepsake Box
An heirloom gift ideal for graduation or retirement, the Personalized Keepsake Box for Medical Professionals is made in the USA with genuine Walnut wood and real glass.
The glass top is laser etched with the Staff of Hermes (or the logo of your choice), while the front name plate commemorates the nurse practitioner and their special occasion.
15. Custom Leather Messenger Bag
For something a little more rugged and manly, here is personalized, classic-style leather messenger bag. ‘Twill be loved by any and every NP.
16. Scrub-Matching Nurse’s Watch
A cute watch that comes in a variety of perfectly scrub-matching colors, this nurse practitioner gift is designed to make taking pulses and reading time easy with its bold, clear seconds hand.
The silicone band is easy to clean, and comfortable too. A great gift idea!
17. FitBit Smartwatch
Any nurse will love a Fit Bit Smartwatch. Stylish, useful, and syncs perfectly with any device to keep you connected. Monitors your heart rate while staying rain, sweat, and splash proof – a must for any NP!
18. Keep Talking, I’m Diagnosing You Tshirt
Perfect (and comfy!) t-shirt gift idea for the nurse practitioner with attitude. The slouchy-neckline shirt reads, “Keep talking, I’m diagnosing you.”
19. I Fix Stupid T-Shirt
What else is there to say? Get it here.
20. Cute Christmas Ornament for Nurse
Handmade sterling silver plated ornament with a Caduceus symbol and a quote which reads, “They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” Get yours here.
21. Instant Nurse Practitioner: Just Add Coffee (or Wine)
Get them a coffee cup with the quote, “Instant Nurse Practitioner: Just Add Coffee.” Available here.
You can also get a personalized glass coffee mug with the quote on it here, or perhaps they will appreciate a little something for after work like a custom engraved bottle opener or customized wine glasses.
BONUS: Personalized Wine Bottle Holder Plaque
Why is this a good nurse practitioner gift idea? Because: Wine. And it’s personalized, too! Available here.
Pro Tip: Tons more personalized wine decor available here.
More gift ideas for nurse practitioners….
Still haven’t quite found the perfect gift? Not to worry, we have TONS of unique and personalized gift ideas here.
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- The 20 Most Classy Wine Quotes of All Time At Northwest Gifts, some of our most enduringly popular items are from our Wine Decor and Wine Barrel collections, and we also love customizing our p...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...