Looking for ballet teacher gifts that are srsly on pointe? Welcome to All Gifts Considered, Ballet Edition!
Ballet teachers teach their art anywhere from a couple classes per week to the rough equivalent of a full time job (or more). Add in those rehearsals with sweaty children and teenagers, and they deserve a great gift, whether it’s National Teacher Day, Nutcracker audition day, or recital night.
Here are 21 ballet teacher gift ideas over which we think any ballet teacher would pas de chat for joy.
21 Lovely Ballet Teacher Gift Ideas
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Ballet Teacher Pencil Set
Bettie Confetti’s adorable pencil set. Right around ten bucks, these are going to give your teacher a smile every time she takes roll at class. Seriously on pointe.
2. Shiatsu Foot Massager
Your weary ballet teacher needs just one thing at the end of a long day at the studio….
Ok, yeah, wine. But along with that glass of wine, your ballet teacher needs just one thing….
A foot massage! Make it automatic and available anytime with this amazing electric foot massager machine. It will win the prize for most-used gift!
3. Ballet Bracelet &5678…
Ballerinas like to joke that they can only count up to 8. Your teacher will crack up at the sentiment of this pretty, golden bracelet. A great gift idea, and cute too.
4. Cozy & Cute Slippers
These Acorn Forest slippers are a bit pricier, but they are the cutest we’ve seen, and if anyone deserves to pamper their tootsies, it’s a ballet teacher.
5. Ballet Wrap Top
Most teachers have put their pink tights and black leotards away for good. This flattering Yoga top comes in nine different colors and goes with anything. Available in several size and color options.
6. Teach Dance Inspire Keychain
These tiny dancer keychains are so adorable. Your ballet teacher will feel appreciated by this gift, simple as it is, with the leather fob and stamped coin that says “Teach – dance – inspire.”
7. Custom Engraved Wooden Ballet Instructor Sign
A custom designed and engraved plaque will look perfect hanging on the outside of your teacher’s office door, or set up on her desk.
Whether humorous and whimsical (Miss Betsy, Ballerina Maker), or professional and sophisticated (M. Baryshnikov, Director), this is one ballet teacher gift that is sure to be treasured! Available in several sizes and options, fully customizable.
8. Ballet Journal
Dance teachers take notes. A lot of notes. And they need somewhere to keep them organized. Enter this pretty journal, which has such a lovely cover and features quotes from famous dancers sprinkled throughout the pages.
9. Ballet Teacher Planner
Planners are a must for teachers to keep track of all they do. We like the looks of this one. Filled with lined pages, the cover highlights a quote from Mikhail Baryshnikov, “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.”
10. Personalized Ballet Tote Bag
Most ballet bags are designed for children, with gem stones, sparkles, and cartoon depictions of ballerinas on the front. We like this option for their grown-up ballet teacher, a personalized ballet slipper bag. Just the right size for their water bottle, journal, a change of clothes, and a snack.
11. Ballet Teacher Appreciation Gift
Give your teacher the perfect appreciation gift with this personalized leather photo frame.
Pick out a meaningful picture of you or the whole class, have it engraved with a personal message, and be sure to include a sweet card like this one.
12. Bun Cage Hair Fork
Hair accessories are a pretty way to keep your teacher’s hair out of her face while she demonstrates those pirouettes. This bun cage hair fork is functional, practical, and the perfect way to keep that bun in check. What’s not to love?
13. Boho Ballet Teacher Headband
A sweet boho headband brings a pop of color and style to the classroom.
14. Ballerina Inlay Music Box
Here’s a premium idea that she’ll keep as an heirloom. This handcrafted wooden music box features a lovely inlay of ballet shoes and ribbons.
The box opens to reveal a classic spinning ballerina figurine, has space for several small jewelry items, and you can even customize it with your choice of music. It’s the ultimate ballet teacher gift idea!
15. Non-Slip Ballet Socks
How about these cute no-slip ballet socks as the perfect gift idea for your ballet teacher.
16. Custom Engraved Thermal Travel Mug
A insulated coffee/tea thermal tumbler mug will keep your teacher’s drinks hot for more than 6 hours or cold for at least 24. Of course, we recommend the pink. Available at Northwest Gifts, includes free personalization.
17. Dancin Vineyards Wine
Made in Southern Oregon wine country, Dancin Vineyards’ bottles of reds and whites are gorgeously labeled with photos of real ballerinas. A memento to treasure even after the wine is gone. Prices vary with wine choice, but they’re all worth it.
18. Custom Stemless Wine Glass
To pair perfectly with your Dancin’ Vineyards wine, these stemless wine glasses are a pretty way to unwind after a long day of teaching.
19. GOT BALLET? Car Sticker
A fun take on the classic trope, this Got Ballet? sticker is a fun way for your ballet teachers to decorate their car, laptop, or studio windows.
20. Ballet Canvas Art Prints
These modern dancers on vintage looking canvas are a beautiful way to liven up the studio space. Choose from several designs, many of which complement one another.
21. Oh Pliés Sweatshirt
The yoga pants and baggy sweatshirt are classic ballet teacher style. Give her a new one that says “Oh Pliés” and you’ll be her favorite forever.
Bonus Gift: Dancers Gift Box
When you aren’t sure what gift to give your favorite ballet teacher, a personalized dancer’s gift box always wins!
Ballet teachers in all walks of life work tirelessly to give your children the finest education in the world.
It may look to outsiders that they are instructing the ‘little things’ in life, the unimportant or the optional, but a world without music and dancing would be a stifled, dull, and sad world indeed. One where people trudge their feet instead of twirl, and limp along instead of pirouette.
Show your Arts Appreciation with a thoughtful gift for your ballet teacher!
Melyssa Williams is a writer by day (check out her retelling of The Nutcracker, steampunk-style) and a ballet teacher in the evenings and weekends. She lives in Southern Oregon, where she frequently uses pencils to both write with and to keep her bun pinned in place. You can follow her blog here.
- 44 Best Gift Exchange Games & Clever Ideas for the Holidays How can I make my gift exchange more fun? Are you tired of just drawing names for the yearly holiday gift exchange? You want to breathe some new, c...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- 12 Thoughtful Gifts for Adult Children If you're in the market for gifts for adult children, you likely need a little inspiration finding the best ones. You know the days are long gone w...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- What to Put on Your Christmas List Are you asking, "What should I put on my Christmas list?" Your family and friends have been bugging you, but you have no idea what to tell them. ...
- 101 Best Old Age Jokes for Birthday Cards Getting old is no joke. **Pregnant pause.......** Of course it is! Getting old is hilarious. With each passing year, it's best to share a lau...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a c...