Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Looking for ballet teacher gifts that are srsly on pointe? Welcome to All Gifts Considered, ballet edition!
Ballet teachers teach their art anywhere from a couple classes per week to the rough equivalent of a full time job (or more). Add in those rehearsals with sweaty children and teenagers, and they deserve a great gift, whether it’s National Teacher Day, Nutcracker audition day, or recital night.
Here are 21 ballet teacher gift ideas over which we think any ballet teacher would pas de chat for joy.
21 Lovely Ballet Teacher Gift Ideas
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
Ballet Teacher Pencil Set
Bettie Confetti’s adorable pencil set. Right around ten bucks, these are going to give your teacher a smile every time she takes roll at class. Seriously on pointe.
Personalized Ballet Water Bottles
A personalized water bottle from Simply Graceful Design. With a gift like this, your ballet teacher won’t be accidentally taking a sip from someone else’s bottle and he or she’ll stay hydrated during that long day of rehearsals.
Ballet Bracelet &5678…
Ballerinas like to joke that they can only count up to 8. Your teacher will crack up at the sentiment of this pretty, golden bracelet. A great gift idea, and cute too!
Cozy & Cute Slippers
These Acorn Forest slippers are a bit pricier, but they are the cutest we’ve seen, and if anyone deserves to pamper their tootsies, it’s a ballet teacher.
Long Sleeve Yoga Top
Most teachers have put their pink tights and black leotards away for good. This flattering Yoga top comes in nine different colors and goes with anything. Available in several size and color options.
Floral Yoga Pants
So. Stinking. Cozy! These Yoga pants are a flattering and comfy way to stay flexible all day at the studio. From ArtFish, these cute pants come in a variety of sizes and prints. Yes, please!
Custom Engraved Wooden Ballet Instructor Sign
A custom designed and engraved plaque will look perfect hanging on the outside of your teacher’s office door, or set up on her desk.
Whether humorous and whimsical (Miss Betsy, Ballerina Maker), or professional and sophisticated (M. Baryshnikov, Director), this is one ballet teacher gift that is sure to be treasured! Available in several sizes and options, fully customizable.
Dance teachers take notes. A lot of notes. And they need somewhere to keep them organized. Enter this pretty journal, which has such a lovely cover and features quotes from famous dancers sprinkled throughout the pages.
Ballet Teacher Planner
Planners are a must for teachers to keep track of all they do. We like the looks of this one. Filled with lined pages, the cover highlights a quote from Mikhail Baryshnikov, “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.”
Floral Ballet Bag
Most ballet bags are designed for children, with gem stones, sparkles, and cartoon depictions of ballerinas on the front. We like this option for their grown-up ballet teacher, a floral gym bag. Just the right size for their water bottle, journal, a change of clothes, and a snack.
Ballet Bento Bag
This LifeWit lunch bag is unisex, nice to look at, totally practical, leak proof, and thermal. Never go hungry at rehearsals again!
Copper Slide Hair Barrette
Hair accessories are a pretty way to keep your teacher’s hair out of her face while she demonstrates those pirouettes. This pearl and metal hair barrette is functional, practical, and handmade in Russia. What’s not to love?
Boho Ballet Teacher Headband
A sweet boho headband brings a pop of color and style to the classroom.
These colorful and oh-so soft pashmina wraps are perfect for a chilly classroom, or for jazzing up a pair of Yoga pants and a leo. By Paskmlna, and available in more than twenty colors.
Dancing Is Like Dreaming With Your Feet Socks
Ballerinas On Canvas offers these cute ballet socks as the perfect gift idea for your ballet teacher.
Custom Engraved Thermal Travel Mug
A insulated coffee/tea thermal YETI tumbler mug will keep your teacher’s drinks hot for 6 hours or cold for 24. Of course, we recommend the pink. Available at Northwest Gifts, includes free personalization.
Dancin Vineyards Wine
Made in Southern Oregon wine country, Dancin Vineyards’ bottles of reds and whites are gorgeously labeled with photos of real ballerinas. A momento to treasure even after the wine is gone. Prices vary with wine choice, but they’re all worth it.
Born to Dance Wine Glass Set
To pair perfectly with your Dancin’ Vineyards wine, this set of two “Born to Dance” wine glasses are a pretty way to unwind after a long day of teaching.
GOT BALLET? Car Sticker
A fun take on the classic trope, this Got Ballet? Sticker is a fun way for your ballet teachers to decorate their car, laptop, or studio windows.
Ballet Canvas Art Prints
These modern dancers on vintage looking canvas are a beautiful way to liven up the studio space. Choose from several designs, many of which complement one another.
Les Parfums de Rosine Ballerina No 3
This fruity, floral Les Parfums de Rosine Ballerina No3 perfume is a perfect choice for a woman full of zest and spontaneity, according to the makers.
Inspired by the ballerina rose, whose small flowers resemble rows of ballet dancers, the scent includes Fuchsia Flowers, Rosebuds, Black Pepper, Pink Pepper Heart, Sandalwood, Oud, Cashmeran, and much more – a sweet, spicy, and sophisticated fragrance.
Ballet teachers in all walks of life work tirelessly to give your children the finest education in the world.
It may look to outsiders that they are instructing the ‘little things’ in life, the unimportant or the optional, but a world without music and dancing would be a stifled, dull, and sad world indeed. One where people trudge their feet instead of twirl, and limp along instead of pirouette.
Show your Arts Appreciation with a thoughtful gift for your ballet teacher!
Melyssa Williams is a writer by day (check out her retelling of The Nutcracker, steampunk-style) and a ballet teacher in the evenings and weekends. She lives in Southern Oregon, where she frequently uses pencils to both write with and to keep her bun pinned in place. You can follow her blog here.
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- 21 Unique Sympathy Gifts to Show Love and Support Let's talk about unique sympathy gifts. You've just learned that someone you care about has suffered the loss of a loved one, and you want to find a...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...