Last Updated on July 31, 2020
What are the best gifts for tattoo artists? Each and every person is unique, so their tastes and interest will vary. However, when someone is an artist, they will typically enjoy certain things. And when that artist does tattoos, they will often appreciate even more-narrowly-certain things.
At the same time, you don’t want to get them just any old thing that has a tattoo theme or a skull or whatever. You want to give a gift that is truly special.
So we’ve scoured high and low on the internet for some of the most interesting and creative gifts for tattoo artists.
13 Gifts for Tattoo Artists
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that we may get a commission (at no cost to you) should you purchase something on our recommendation. That’s how we keep this site going! Read our full disclosure here.
1. Vintage Tattoo ARtist Plaque
This Vintage Style Tattoo Artist Plaque would be a great addition to any tattoo parlor. You can customize the hanging name sign, making it a stylish gift for your tattoo artist friend.
2. Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Well, I’m no tattoo artist, but I do relate to the joy of being artistic while also listening to your jams. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones and they are amazing. You can wander about, exercise, draw, anything, and never have to worry about carrying annoying cords.
3. Custom Gifts for Tattoo Artists Tumbler
Anyone that does any kind of work needs caffeination, and tattoo artists are no exception. That’s what makes this personalized tumbler the BEST. GIFT. EVER.
The bonus perk of insulated tumblers is that when you are artsy and get distracted your drink will still stay hot/cold for hours on end. A great way to celebrate the best-ever tattoo artist!!
4. Professional Art Set
I’m assuming most people love art sets, but especially tattoo artists. Sketching tattoo designs is made easy with this compact art kit that they can take anywhere, and whip out at a moments notice.
5. Tattoo Coloring Book
A stellar entry into the vast genre of adult coloring books, the Tattoo Coloring Book will give any tattoo artist hours of relaxing and creative fun. Coloring pages include skulls, angels, eagles, Day of the Dead, mandalas, roses, and much more.
6. Vintage Tattoo Posters
This set of vintage style prints would make a great gift for a tattoo artist. They feature old patent drawings of electric and stencil pens, and look really cool!
7. Tattoo Parlour Sign with Lights
This light-up tattoo parlor arrow sign is the perfect throwback decor piece for your friend’s shop. Double-sided with marquee-style bulbs, here is yet another tattoo artist gift that they will be sure to remember and treasure always.
8. LED Light Pad For Tracing
Well, I am not a tattoo artist, but this light box for tracing is super cool, and would be fun for anyone artsy. For tattoo artists it would be a great tool to be able to work on tattoo sketch ideas, and it ultra thin and portable.
9. Tattoo Artist Gift T-shirt
Who doesn’t love an artsy t-shirt? Well, this tattoo art t-shirt would be the perfect way to celebrate the tattoo artist in your life.
10. Custom Carabiner Tattoo Artist Gift
Carabiners, you know? Everyone needs a few, and all the better if they are personalized. These carabiners are laser engraved (not printed, so it will never wear off!) and can be customized however you like. A truly creative gift idea for the tattoo artist in your life.
11. Skull Pen Holder
This floral skull pen holder is pretty darn sweet, and would make a great gift for a tattoo artist. Let’s be honest, though, almost anyone could use a pen holder. Pens have a habit of disappearing.
12. Tattoo Artist Phone Holder
Your skin is my canvas. And before you get all freaky with the Silence of the Lambs thoughts, we are talking about tattoos here, people! PopSockets phone holders are the latest craze, and this phone holder for tattoo artists is a great gift idea for the artist in your life.
13. Give Them Your Tattoo Biznass
That’s right, get yourself some ink done! It’s kind of a gift for both of you. You pay for the work, get that tat you’ve always wanted, then make sure to leave a great review on their online business profiles (Google business profile, Facebook, their website, etc).
More than the business aspect, it shows that you value their work and artistry, and that you trust them to ink you up. Plus you’ll get to spend some quality time together. Lots of fun to be had, and you’ll have a permanent keepsake to take with you wherever you go!
I guess this is really just a gift for yourself… hmmm, does it count as a gift for the tattoo artist? Things to think about….
More Popular Tattoo Artist Gifts
- Tattoo Artist T-Shirts
- Mugs for Tattoo Artists
- Custom Engraved Whiskey Barrels
- “My dad’s tattoos are better than yours” Baby Onesie
- Vintage Personalized Seaside Tavern & Tattoo Parlor Sign
- Get them the tattoo machine they’ve always wanted – don’t just get any cheap tattoo machine, make sure it is the one they’ve been drooling over. As with any professional and any artist, your tattoo artist friend or relative is probably very particular about their equipment.
- Book: Vintage Tattoos: The Book of Old-School Skin Art
- Book: The Tattoo History Source Book
Anybody feel like getting a tattoo now? Show of hands. You, you, you, you….
Even if you don’t, to be reading this tattoo artist gifts post you must know someone who is an awesome tat artist, so I hope this list of gift ideas gives you some great inspiration for the next birthday, holiday, or other gift-giving occasion.
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- The 20 Most Classy Wine Quotes of All Time At Northwest Gifts, some of our most enduringly popular items are from our Wine Decor and Wine Barrel collections, and we also love customizing our p...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...