If you want to have the ultimate home bar, you’re going to need to think about whiskey barrel tables. The right table is something that says you mean business, and that you sure do love your whiskey.
But more than that, a great table says you are ready to gather around with friends and family, and share good times, great conversation, and plenty of drinks.
So check out these ten great whiskey barrel tables that you can either buy or make, DIY-style.
From great big round tables that will seat the entire gang down to end table accent pieces (and everything in between), these are the best home bar accent tables made from whiskey barrels.
10 Great Whiskey Barrel Tables
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Half-Barrel Coffee Table with Lift Top & Storage
This is an amazing, premium handcrafted, half barrel coffee table. Made from half of an oak barrel (still on the stand, if you look closely!), the thick wood tabletop is extraordinarily sturdy and can be made from your choice of wood.
The whole top is on lift-away hinges and you can store wine (or clutter…let’s be real) in the open area below. A++!
2. Glass Top Whiskey Barrel Coffee Table with Storage
This is a genuine work of art and The Mother of All Oak Barrel Coffee Tables. Made to order for you from a real barrel and includes several options.
You can customize the storage inside for your own preferred setup; shown here with space for displaying wine bottles and keeping wine glasses handy.
This is a whiskey barrel table that is meant to be enjoyed.
3. Personalized Oak Barrel Coffee Table
This handcrafted and personalized oak barrel coffee table is made in the USA and customized with your name along the side. Opens to allow access to the interior, which can hold blankets, books, games, or a small collection of wine or whiskey.
4. Upcycled Barrel End Tables
These rustic end tables are repurposed and upcycled from old bourbon barrels. Each piece is designed for simplicity and handcrafted with integrity in the USA, and available in two heights and two finishes.
5. White Oak Whiskey Barrel Bistro Table with Stand
This cute barrel bistro table is made from an authentic reclaimed whiskey barrel and completed with a solid table top and elegant metal stand.
With the removable stand, the barrel table is bar-height and people can stand around it. Without the stand, it’s kitchen-table height. Your choice!
Related: 21 Things You Can Age in a Barrel
6. Handcrafted Oak Whiskey Barrel End Table
Here we have another handcrafted end or side table, and this one made from a barrel top with legs that are crafted from actual barrel staves. The steel hoops are there, too, giving it a touch of the industrial/antique feel.
With a rustic oak finish that will complement any decor, this table will look great in your living room or home bar. Get it here.
Top it with a set of custom engraved whiskey glasses, and you’ll be ready to go!
7. Barrel Head End Table with Wine Storage Staves
This lovely little wine decor end table is crafted using an oak barrel head for the table top and staves for the table legs. The entire piece is stabilized by more staves that create an elegant and lightly curved wine bottle storage shelf.
8. Whiskey Barrel Head & Staves Pub Table
This pub table is made from a pair of barrel heads with long oak barrel staves for the legs. Rustic yet elegant, the rich dark stain, gorgeous oak wood, and expert craftsmanship come together to create the perfect table for your kitchen or home bar.
9. Indoor/Outdoor Barrel Side Table
This outdoor/indoor wine barrel side table is made using French white oak wine barrels imported from France and Spain. Each table is handmade for you, sanded to a perfect white oak texture and stained in your choice of three colors, then coated with a wood-grade lacquer finish.
Get a couple barrels with different functions, and that will be a great way to round out your home bar decor with an upcycled barrel theme.
10. DIY Whiskey Barrel Table
Now that you’ve seen all the best whiskey barrel table styles and designs, how about trying to make one for yourself? With a bit of work, you can make your own whiskey barrel table, decorate your home bar, and impress your friends. Here’s how.
How to make your own whiskey barrel table.
- Get a reclaimed barrel
If you have access to whiskey barrels locally, that will be your most affordable option. Check with local distillers, or keep your eye on Craigslist. To get started right away, you can order a reclaimed 34″ (kitchen table height) whiskey barrel here, a Jack Daniels barrel here, or a genuine Kentucky Bourbon barrel here.
- Clean & dry the barrel
You’ll want to make sure the barrel is properly cleaned, dried, and prepped. Start by cleaning your barrel with deck cleaner, then rinse off with water. Once it dries, sand the entire exterior (going with the grain) to smooth it out and prep it for your stain. Use a clean cloth to wipe off the dust.
- Stain the barrel
Choose a stain to match your decor. Tape off the metal components using painter’s tape and apply the stain, wiping off excess stain as you go along. Leave to dry, and apply additional coats until you reach the color of your liking. For a natural look, leave as is. For a polished, finished look, add a coat of polyurethane evenly to the entire barrel. Remove tape.
- Measure for the tabletop
You’ll want to make the tabletop at least as large as the barrel top, probably a lot larger. Measure the diameter of the top of the barrel. Then decide how large you would like the tabletop to be. For a bistro-style table, you’ll want at least a 16″ overhang all the way around, which means that you will need to add 32″ (16″ for each side) to the diameter of the barrel top. If you are going for a larger table, consider a 20″ or even 24″ overhang. For smaller serving and end tables, a 2-6″ overhang should suffice.
- Make the tabletop
3/4″ plywood is affordably and easy to work with, so that’s what we’ll be describing, but you can also choose oak for consistency and authenticity. Trace out the circumference of your table on the board with a beam compass, then cut using a jigsaw equipped with a fine finish blade. Sand the edges of your new cut to dull the side, as this will make the table more comfortable.
- Stain the tabletop
Stain the tabletop piece to match the barrel. Follow the same steps as above, but you’ll probably need a few extra coats to match the aged wood of the barrel. For optimal results, stain both top and underside of the table, and don’t forget the edges. Finish with a polyurethane coat all the way around.
- Attach barrel and tabletop
Use your beam compass to trace the outline of the barrel onto the underside of the tabletop. This will help you center the board correctly when attaching it to the barrel. Next, apply a bead of wood glue to the top edge of the barrel, then place the tabletop, making sure the outline you traced is facing down and aligned with the barrel top. Finally, allow the glue to dry for a minimum of 24 hours. For additional security, you can drive some nails or screws down into the barrel. Fill the holes with wood filler or cover with a lazy susan centerpiece.
- Make it unique
You can also use your handyman skills to cut out a section of the barrel and place a shelf inside. Save the cut out pieces and reassemble them if you want to make a cabinet door, or leave off for a truly “open” bar. Find inspiration from all the whiskey barrel tables listed above!
There you have it! The ten best whiskey barrel tables that you can buy or DIY. I hope you’ve found something perfect to complete you home bar or man cave decor. For more inspiration, check out all these personalized home bar decor accents from Northwest Gifts!
- 44 Exciting Gift Exchange Ideas & Games for the Holidays How can I make my gift exchange more fun? Are you tired of just drawing names for the yearly holiday gift exchange? You want to breathe some new, crea...
- Left-Right Game Gift Exchange [+5 Free Printable Stories] The left-right passing game is a really fun way to do a gift exchange. Whether you're doing a gift swap for the holidays or an office party or just be...
- What to Put on Your Christmas List Are you asking, "What should I put on my Christmas list?" Your family and friends have been bugging you, but you have no idea what to tell them. Well...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 100 Funny Christmas Card Messages [Not TOO Naughty] It's the holiday season! Which means that it's time to write some Christmas cards. Funny Christmas cards. Because laughing is everyone's favorite. So...
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're in...
- 12 Thoughtful Gifts for Adult Children If you're in the market for gifts for adult children, you likely need a little inspiration finding the best ones. You know the days are long gone when...
- The 21 Worst Gift Ideas Ever. DO NOT READ These are, without a doubt, the 21 worst gift ideas ever. They're so bad that you probably should stop reading right now. Just go away. We have to do...
- 100 Amazing (& Family Friendly) Gag Gifts to Tickle Your Funny Bone If you search the Hallmark cards, reject the sentimental and sappy ones, and hoard all the hilarious ones, then this post is for you! The best gifts a...
- 200 Simple Birthday Wishes for Everyone, at Every Age When it comes to wishing someone a happy birthday, you want to show your gratitude and love with the right words to say. Often, short and sweet...