Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Every optometrist needs a few creative gift items that reflect their passion for what they do. Whether for the home or office, these 21 creative optometrist gift ideas will help you find the perfect optometry-themed gift for any occasion.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something you see on our site we may receive a commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
21 Optometrist Gift Ideas
BTW, why was the phone wearing glasses?
Because it lost all of its contacts.
1. VINTAGE PERSONALIZED OPTOMETRIST PLAQUE
Crafted in the USA and personalized to order, this Vintage Personalized Optometrist Plaque features a hand-carved 3-dimensional eyeglasses applique and witty old-fashioned banter.
The optional hanging nameplate can be personalized with the name and/or business name, and you can hang multiple nameplates for offices with several optometrists.
2. WOODEN SPECTACLE HOLDER
Indian wood bust-style eyeglass holder. This creative display looks great on any optometrist’s desk or nightstand. Use as a fun display or to actually hold your glasses!
3. BE THE GOOD YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD
This is a great optometrist gift because it isn’t quite as goofy and obvious as most other optometrist quotes. It’s a classic quote, so it can be done in a variety of ways that don’t scream out “optometrist’s office!!”
The handmade design pictured above takes the form of an eye chart, which is pretty clever. You can also have this quote personalized on a variety of other products – in the eye chart style, or as a simple quote, or even with the recipient’s name or optometry business name added to it.
Here are a few options for items on which you can engrave or print this quote:
- Plaques (wood, glass, granite, etc)
- Cedar wood bird feeder
- Bottle openers
- Wine glass
- Coffee mug
- Pocket knives & multi-tools
- Gift sets (BBQ, golf, wine, games)
- Oak barrel head plaque
Note that the price of each of those items includes personalization, so you can put anything you like on the item including logos, names, quotes, and more.
4. HOW MANY OPTOMETRISTS DOES IT TAKE FUNNY T-SHIRT
How many optometrists does it take to change a light bulb? One? Or two? Or one? Or…. Two?
Also available as a long-sleeve tee.
5. EYE CHART SOCKS
The classic optometrist’s eye chart, adopted to accent your footwear. This is a good one to wear to the office to impress your patients.
6. WORLD’S OKAYEST BOSS COFFEE MUG
If you’re searching for an affordable, simple, and quirky gift idea for a coffee-loving optometrist boss, then you will know just by looking at the picture above if this is the right thing for you.
7. MY EYE DOCTOR SAYS I NEED GLASSES
If they’re into wine more than coffee, try this optometrist humor sign on for size. The idea is that they can prescribe the perfect “pair” for their “condition.”
Handcrafted in the USA from real wood and engraved to order, this is a beautiful gift for anyone who loves wine. Available in two sizes and can include an optional personalized hanging name board.
8. LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE PLAQUE
No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side. A cheery, fun, and handmade wall decor plaque perfect for the optometrist’s home or office.
9. EYE DOCTOR BUSINESS CARD HOLDER
Here is the perfect optometrist office gift idea – a business card dispenser of a mini eye doctor figure holding an eye chart. Clever, attractive, humorous, and appropriate for all occasions.
10. VINTAGE PLAQUE WITH HOBBY THEME
Just one of many themes… Browse more vintage plaques here.
You don’t have to get an optometrist something that says “Optometrist” all over it.
Consider a gift like one of our personalized vintage plaques that reminds them of the things they love outside of work: Golf, tooling around in the garage, going fishing, enjoying the fruits of their labor in a luxurious home bar.
11. PERSONALIZED TUMBLER
Here’s another optometrist gift idea that may or may not have anything to do with optometry. Vacuum-sealed tumblers are all the rage right now, and even better is one that is customized.
You can go with the doctor’s name, business name, or logo; you can do a cute optometrist quote (borrow one from one of the other gift ideas listed here), or you can keep it simple with a name or simple line art depicting a favorite hobby.
When personalizing one of our YETI or RTIC tumblers, the options are endless!
12. MAKE A SPECTACLE OF YOURSELF OPTOMETRIST PLAQUE
Here’s a fun optometrist office plaque with a modern vibe: “Make a spectacle of yourself.” What optometrist hasn’t heard that one yet?!
13. SUCCULENT WREATH
Add the spice of life to your optometrist office with a “living” wreath. Made from succulents grown and harvested in California, this beautiful wreath is actually still living.
Makes a wonderful centerpiece or wall decor accent, great for any home or office.
14. VINTAGE OPTOMETRIST SKETCH PRINTS
This set of six 8×10 photo art prints are perfect for the optometrist who has it all. Set them in some matted frames and you have a classy, brilliant gift that will revolutionize their office at work or the den at home.
15. SEE THE BEAUTY IN ALL THINGS
This cheery wall decor piece is the perfect gift idea for the optometrist who can always stay positive.
16. DESKTOP ZEN GARDEN
Then, of course, there is the optometrist who maybe needs to learn to stay a bit more positive… in what can be a high-stress occupation, this desktop zen garden provides a relaxing escape in the midst of a busy workday.
17. HIMALAYAN ROCK SALT LAMP
Another simple, affordable, and beautifying accent for the optometrist’s office. This Himalayan rock salt lamp offers many benefits including air purification, reduced asthma and allergy symptoms, improved blood flow, and more.
18. EYE AM AN OPTOMETRIST JOKE TSHIRT
Eye am an optometrist… my jokes are as corneas it gets. The winningest optometry humor gift idea for the ultimate dad-joke-loving eye doctor.
19. ARTSY EYEGLASS HOLDER
There are quite a few cute and interesting eyeglass holders; we’re going to list a few of our favorites.
20. OWL SPECTACLE STAND & PENCIL HOLDER
Perfect for the home or office, this owl eyeglass stand is totally adorable with its rustic wood sensibilities and dual functionality.
21. SOOTHING SLATE TABLETOP FOUNTAIN
We’ll leave you with the soothing, tranquil sounds of water trickling down through the copper pipes of this slate tabletop fountain. A beautiful gift for the home or office of your favorite optometrist.
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 21 Thank You Gifts for Doctors to Show Your Appreciation You're on the hunt for the perfect thank you gift for your doctor. Your doctor is amazing and has always been there for you, keeping your health in c...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- 21 Unique Sympathy Gifts to Show Love and Support Let's talk about unique sympathy gifts. You've just learned that someone you care about has suffered the loss of a loved one, and you want to find a...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...