Last Updated on April 12, 2021
St. Patrick’s Day is a time of celebration! So let’s take a look at the best St Patrick’s Day gifts, plus all sorts of party ideas (decor, activities, favors, shirts and costumes, etc).
The countdown to Saint Patrick’s Day has begun! Of course, we know this countdown always begins the day after St. Paddy’s Day at #364, so we’re talking about up to a whole year of preparation.
Hopefully that is enough time to plan and pull of a legendary ol’ fashioned Irish bash, but if you’re in need of some inspiration we are here to help.
This is a list of the 33 best St. Patrick’s Day gifts, favors, decor ideas, and more. Why thirty-three? Well, in Celtic lore, three is a lucky number. You know, the Trinity, clovers, Celtic knots in triplicate, etc.
Below you will find a whole lot of nifty ideas to get you on your way to doing St. Patrick’s Day the right way.
Whether you are throwing a grand party, redecorating your home bar in an Irish theme, or simply spreading Irish cheer, these are the St. Patrick’s Day gift ideas that will take your “wearing of the green” to a completely new level.
Some of the products we feature below are affiliate links, in which we – at no cost to you – may get a small commission should you choose to purchase something. See our full disclosure here.
33 Fun St. Patrick’s Day Gifts, Favors, & Decor Ideas
1. PERSONALIZED IRISH PUB SIGN
This here is a stylish wood plaque made in the USA and personalized with your name above the “Irish Pub” text in bold green lettering. Also includes a hand-sculpted shamrock relief and classic Irish phrases like, “Cead Mile Failte – Storytelling and Singing – Dancing and Carrying On.”
2. PERSONALIZED IRISH PUB BOTTLE OPENER
Crafted in Oregon from solid hardwoods and personalized just for you, this gorgeous wall-mounted bottle opener will literally help you celebrate St. Paddy’s Day as you pop top after top.
The opener includes custom laser engraving of your name and “year est” date over a classic Irish clover and the words “Irish Pub” in a traditional Celtic font. One of our favorite St. Patrick’s Day gifts!
This is just one of our Pacific Crest series of bottle openers. You can see all the designs here. Openers include themes ideal for weddings, anniversaries, retirement gifts, home bars, man caves, and more.
3. IRISH PUB QUARTER BARREL SIGN
Made from an oak barrel top “quarter” and customized with your name, this Irish pub sign includes a Celtic cross, the Est Year of your choice, and you can even define the place name in lieu of “Irish Pub.”
The signs comes ready to hang and includes a steel hoop with barrel staves along the side. With a colorful design including a background of swirling Celtic designs, this is a great Irish gift!
4. IRISH DRINKERS SOCIETY VINTAGE PUB SIGN
For the Proud Member of the Local Irish Drinkers Society. This wooden plaque is crafted in the USA and distressed by hand. Includes a hand-carved relief applique of a frothy beer mug adorned with a shamrock, and optional personalized name plank to hang below. (You can actually add more than one name planks, as many as you like.)
5. ST. PATRICK’S IRISH PHOTO BOOTH PROPS
Spread your St. Patrick’s Day spirit across social media with an Irish-themed photo booth, complete with this fun 59-piece collection of Saint Paddy’s Day photo props.
6. ST. PATRICK’S DAY T-SHIRTS
You have to wear some green on The Big Day. That’s a given. Add an extra touch of party spirit with an Irish-themed tee. Tons of options and ideas are available here, from shamrocks to Irish humor and more.
7. ST PATRICK’S BREASTPLATE PRAYER SHIRT
Available in several colors including Kelly Green.
A prayer attributed to St. Patrick himself, the most famous lines of which read, “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.”
This t-shirt is a great St. Patrick’s day gift that gets down to the original inspiration for the holiday.
8. ST. PATRICK’S DAY COUPLE’S SHIRTS
This clever couple’s set of matching Saint Patrick’s Day shirts shows the depths of your Irish spirit, commitment to each other, and penchant for getting drunk. Plus they’re personalized.
9. ST. PATRICK’S DAY BABY ONESIE
This adorable onepiece is perfect for your little one this St. Patrick’s Day.
The cozy Saint Paddy’s Day onesie features a colorful shamrock and heart design that reads, “Part Irish – All Trouble.”
10. ST. PATRICK’S DAY DOG COLLARS
Don’t forget the pooch! Your beloved pup needs a special collar to participate in the wearing o’ the green. Check out this collection of specialty Irish dog collars from The Purfect Pooch.
11. CLASSIC IRISH TWEED CAP
You’ll want to wear this hat every day of the year. On St. Paddy’s Day, throw in a dapper gray vest and you have the traditional Irish men’s fashion down pat.
12. ST. PATRICK’S DAY GREEN DERBY BOWLER HAT
And now for something a little less subtle…. OK, fine, it is a lot less subtle. You will definitely stand out from the crowd wearing this bright greed derby bowler hat, complete with feather. But that’s kinda the point, right?
13. CUSTOM ENGRAVED IRISH WHISKEY BARREL
Serve up some home-aged Irish Whiskey in your own personalized oak barrel. This is a great gift idea for anyone who loves whiskey and has a Celtic flair. Optional fancy wrought iron stand, includes all neccessary accessories and free personalization.
14. PERSONALIZED IRISH PUB BAR MIRROR
Here is a true throwback! The old-school bar mirror can be yours, and personalized to boot. Solid wood frame, 1/4″ solid glass mirror, and free customization over a fun Irish Pub design.
Your new-but-old St. Patrick’s Day mirror will reflect the Luck O’ the Irish alongside all the good times and good conversation you enjoy together with great friends and beloved family. Plus it will look great year-round.
15. ST. PATRICK’S DAY COUNTDOWN VINTAGE PLAQUE
A classy vintage Irish decor sign that features a chalkboard to help you count down the days until the wearin’ o’ the green.
16. ST. PATRICK’S DAY WREATH
This festive St. Patrick’s Day wreath is accented with artificial boxwood, baby eucalyptus and a festive shamrock bow.
17. ST. PATRICK’S DAY POT O GOLD
Here is a fun DIY gift, or a way to decorate your St. Paddy’s Day party with treat and snack bowls. Here are all the parts you will need:
- Mini terracotta planter pot
- Black acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Mod Podge
- Gold glitter
- Shamrock sticker or vinyl cut out
- Rolo candies to fill
18. POT O’ TREATS ST. PATRICK’S DAY GIFT FOR KIDS
Grab a simple black cauldron or bucket from the dollar store (these may show up around St. Patrick’s Day and also around Halloween), and fill it with green treats for the kiddos.
19. IRISH BLESSING WOOD SIGN
This affordable accent will go perfectly on the wall of your party room, in the kitchen, or on your party table. The sign reads,
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more,
and nothing but happiness
come through your door!
20. YOU LOOK LIKE I NEED A DRINK SIGN
Put this on your drink table or bar and you’ll have your excuse all lined up.
21. IRISH PUB CAP CATCHER
Here is one St. Patrick’s Day decor accent that will be in use all year long. The perfect Irish-themed gift has to be this wall mounted Irish Pub cap catcher that will collect all your beer caps. Plus it is personalized with your name!
22. DIY SAINT PATRICK’S DAY DECORATION FRAME
Rustic yet sprightly, this easy DIY Saint Patrick’s Day decor piece is easy to make with a nice old frame plus some shamrocks from a craft store. Plus you can easily swap out the theme as the holiday changes throughout the year.. empty tombs or decorated eggs for Easter, pumpkins for Halloween, Christmas trees for Christmas, etc.
23. PERSONALIZED IRISH WHISKEY LEATHER WRAPPED FLASK
A leather-wrapped and custom laser engraved flask is the right old way to keep some Irish whiskey ready at hand, any time of the day or night. Includes personalization, available here.
24. HEART & CLOVER PENDANT ST PATRICK’S DAY NECKLACE
This handmade St. Patrick’s Day necklace features a real four-leaf clover embedded into the pendant. Creative, unique, fun, gorgeous, and – of course – qualifies for the wearin’ o’ the green.
25. PERIDOT JEWELRY
This stunning sterling silver peridot ring has a lovely tree branch feel, cast and carved by hand. Just one of many peridot jewelry pieces available for a very special St. Patrick’s Day gift – perhaps an engagement?!? Make it a night to remember!
26. CHILD LEPRECHAUN COSTUME
This fun leprechaun costume is child-sized and includes hat, bow tie, pants, shirt, and vest for your little one. Pot of gold and fake beard are separate.
27. ADULT LEPRECHAUN COSTUME
Same idea, but larger for adults.
28. FRIENDSHIP – LOVE – LOYALTY IRISH CLADDAGH PLAQUE
The Irish Claddagh ring is the symbol of friendship, love, and loyalty. In Celtic culture, the Claddagh ring’s heart has the classic meaning of love, the crown stands for loyalty, and the hands represent friendship. This vintage-style distressed wood sign is made in the USA and can include a personalized hanging name board.
29. Lucky Charms T-SHIRT
The one and only. The original. Lucky Charms. Breakfast cereal of Irish champions. And leprechauns. And Irish non-champions. You know, regular blokes.
And now an awesome t-shirt. The perfect way to wear green on St Patrick’s Day.
30. SHAMROCK BURLAP BUNTING BANNER PARTY DECOR
Dusted green glittery shamrocks adorn each burlap shield, making this bunting banner the perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s Day party decor. Get yours here.
31. ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY FAVORS 108 PIECE SET
Shamrock themed party favors and accessories are perfect to help you create an epic Irish par-tay. Twelve people can get one of everything (necklace, shades, bracelet, tattoos) or for 108 people to each get one favor. It’s just math and awesome Paddy Bling.
32. SHAMROCK TABLECLOTH
Sometimes it’s the little things that make or break your St. Patrick’s Day party. The simple touch of a colorful green shamrock tablecloth will completely transform your party decor. This one is very durable so you will be able to use it for many years to come. Machine washable, 100% cotton, spacious 14 x 72 size to fit just about any table.
33. IRISH SHAMROCK TABLE RUNNER
Table runners provide a more subtle, attractive touch if you are having a classy gathering in your home bar to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This green table runner with a decorative plaid shamrock design is the sort of home decor accent that you will enjoy using for more than just a day or two.
BONUS: ONCE UPON A LEPRECHAUN COSTUME
Show up for a St. Patrick’s Day party riding a leprechaun, and you will set the Irish cheer into overdrive. This outfit will be remembered and talked about long after.
Plus it will be one of the best St Patrick’s Day gifts anyone has ever received!
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 50 Perfect Retirement Gifts That Retirees Actually Love What's a better excuse for a party than a retirement? We can't think of anything! And what are some great retirement gifts for the well-deserved gu...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for a...
- 101 Best Old Age Jokes for Birthday Cards Getting old is no joke. **Pregnant pause.......** Of course it is! Getting old is hilarious. With each passing year, it's best to share a lau...
- 3rd Anniversary Gifts: Best 3-Year Ideas (Traditional & Modern) Whew! You made it through the first two years of wedded bliss. "They" say the first two years are the hardest. Let's hope so. Marriage is a beautif...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- 4th Anniversary Gifts: Best 4-Year Ideas (Traditional & Modern) Congratulations to the happy couple for making it past infancy and graduating from toddler-hood! Year Four isn't just Five Year Anniversary Eve; it...