Last Updated on February 10, 2022
“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” This famous Scripture quote, uttered by the ancient Israelite general who led God’s people into the Promised Land, is a pledge beloved by Christians the world over.
Found in Joshua 24:15, where Joshua is admonishing the people to follow God wholeheartedly, it is a Bible verse often placed on a sign or plaque to indicate a family’s desire to delight in God’s commandments by writing them “on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:9)
At Northwest Gifts, we’ve offered a personalized “As for Me and My House” Wood Family Name Plaque for many years, and it’s a proven favorite as an unique personalized wedding gift for Christian newlyweds, a housewarming gift to celebrate a new home, or as an anniversary gift from one spouse to another.
We’ll engrave your name or family name along with year established onto an American Red Alder wood sign, which comes in four sizes and is ready to hang with keyhole hanger on back:
If you’d like a different Scripture verse or additional customization, just let us know! We offer this plaque engraved with any setup, any design, in the following sizes. Click to view details:
- Laser Engraved Alder Wood Plaque 7×9
- Laser Engraved Alder Wood Plaque 8×10
- Laser Engraved Alder Wood Plaque 9×12
- Laser Engraved Alder Wood Plaque 10-1/2×13
And here are some additional personalized Bible verse and Christian hymn plaque designs:
- As For Me And My House Plaque Personalized
- Be Still Family Name Plaque with Bible Verse
- Be Thou My Vision Family Name Plaque
- Come Thou Fount Family Name Plaque
- Psalm 23 Wood Plaque
- I Corinthians 13:13 Family Name Plaque
- Numbers 6 Blessing Family Name Plaque
This plaque is a terrific gift! While there are thousands of plaques and home décor items with Joshua 24:15 (“As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.”), most are painted (which will chip and deteriorate) or somewhat generic, or just plain expensive. This version is awesome because:
- It’s made from real, hearty American Red Alder wood
- It’s laser engraved into the wood itself
- It’s customized with your name or family name and “date established” at no extra cost
- It’s personalized and shipped to you in a couple of days
- It’s ready to hang
- It’s stylish
- It’s simple
- It’s readable
- It’s affordable
- It comes in several sizes (up to 10-1/2″ x 13″)
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you're...
- 21 Best Housewarming Gifts (That They Will Actually Use) How about let's give housewarming gifts that the new homeowners will actually use. After all, visiting a friend or family member who just purchased...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in ho...
- 50 Perfect Retirement Gifts That Retirees Actually Love What's a better excuse for a party than a retirement? We can't think of anything! And what are some great retirement gifts for the well-deserved gu...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for a...
- 101 Best Old Age Jokes for Birthday Cards Getting old is no joke. **Pregnant pause.......** Of course it is! Getting old is hilarious. With each passing year, it's best to share a lau...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside your...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It'...
- 3rd Anniversary Gifts: Best 3-Year Ideas (Traditional & Modern) Whew! You made it through the first two years of wedded bliss. "They" say the first two years are the hardest. Let's hope so. Marriage is a beautif...
- 4th Anniversary Gifts: Best 4-Year Ideas (Traditional & Modern) Congratulations to the happy couple for making it past infancy and graduating from toddler-hood! Year Four isn't just Five Year Anniversary Eve; it...