When your girl is a little more Wednesday Addams, and a little less Elle Woods, she needs a gift that really speaks to her murky little heart!
You just can’t find good stuff at the mall or the department store for these special females, so we’ve put together some great ideas for you. After all, why blend in when you can stand out?
Here are the best gifts for the alternative girl in your life.
Top 15 Gifts for Every Alternative Girl
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a commission when you click through the affiliate links on our website. Learn more here.
1. Platform Shoes
They’re the little black dress of Goth footwear: they can be dressed up or dressed down, look equally as fabulous with jeans as they do a dress, and are in their favorite color: BLACK AS NIGHT.
Every alternative girl loves some platform boots, and these will be right up her alley. Plus, they add height for fearsome itty-bitties.
2. Steampunk Heart Cutting Board
As gorgeous as it is functional, this steampunk inspired cutting board with its intricate artwork of a cog and gear heart is sublime.
Steampunk is trending now, and for good reason: it’s alternative history meets sci-fi and is full of awesome female characters. She’ll love this cutting board.
3. Checkered Skateboard
A little Beetlejuice, a little ’80s style, and a lot of eyepopping detail make this board a winner. No pink flowers or peace signs here, just clean lines in a classic checkerboard pattern. She’ll be all over this, and all over town in no time!
4. Heart Ghost Enamel
Whether she gives one to her BFF, or keeps them both for decorating her hats, jackets, or backpack, this adorable ghost with a broken heart pin is spooky and cute all at once.
She’s bound to get a lot of compliments on this unusual set!
5. Personalized Bat Necklace
Whether you pick out the rose gold, the silver, or the classic gold, she’s going to go bananas over this bat necklace! Not in your face kind of Goth, but simple and classy, it will go with all of her outfits and we bet she never takes it off.
If your girl is a creature of the night, or is wayyyyy into vampire lore, this dainty (but still hardcore) design is just the thing.
6. Banksy Wall Art
Not every girl wants to cover her dorm room in posters of cats. Some of them are a little deeper than your average motivational message wall art!
Enter these black and white – with a splash of color – wall art posters. They’ll go with her décor and keep her motivated to stay true to herself.
7. Stay Positive Shirt
Witty irony abounds with this clever tee shirt! She’ll laugh (in spite of herself) and find herself pairing this with everything from baggy pants to summer shorts to cargo jeans.
It’s a good reminder to everyone she meets that just because she’s into the spookier side of life, she still has a great sense of humor!
8. Coffee Mugs & Shirts
Whether you go for both, or pick just one, you can’t go wrong! Especially if she’s a coffee loving kind of alternative girl, she’ll be over the moon when she unwraps these.
9. Flickering Candles
Nothing creates a softly spooky atmosphere like some flickering candles! Keep the fire danger to a minimum with these exquisite and realistic looking flameless candles.
No melted wax to scrape off the table either! Plus with the remote control she can switch them off from the comfort of her
coffin bed at night.
10. Personalized Skull Mermaid Tumbler
Just because you like Gothic things more than say, Barbie, doesn’t mean you don’t mind some girly-girl mermaids once in a while! Put a spin on the boring old Ariel story with these skull mermaid tumblers!
It’s a little Starbucks, a little fairy tale, and a whole lotta badda$$ery.
11. Aesthetic Coloring Book for Adults
Coloring relieves stress, and what’s more adorable than slightly dark but still cute pastel characters?
Pair this sweet but totally weird (in all the right ways) coloring book with some high quality markers and you have yourself a fabulous gift that will make her think of you fondly every time she gets to coloring.
12. Personalized Black Stainless Steel Necklace
Personalized with her name or creed/mantra, this pure black stainless steel necklace is a winner for sure. It’s distinctive and doesn’t like anything you’d find at Claire’s; instead it is an alternative girl gift just as individual as she is.
It will pair perfectly with a black tee or a steampunk dress, and will make her feel like a million bucks.
13. Skeleton PopSocket
You can like sunflowers and skeletons at the same time, why not embrace it? We love this cute and spunky popsocket, and think she will too.
14. Turntable Slip Mat
A little punk, a little steampunk, and a whole lot of rad artwork, this turntable slip mat is amazing! We guarantee this is the gift she didn’t even knew she wanted until it showed up in wrapping paper.
If your alternative girl is a music lover who loves to play deejay, she is going to ecstatic over this one!
15. Rose & Black Tea Bath Bombs
Relax in a tub in full Morticia Addams style with these pretty black bath bombs!
Whether she uses them all up posthaste or keeps them in a dish to decorate her bathroom, she’s going to adore these. They’re unique, gorgeous, and and timeless: just like she is.
Read Next: 21 (Terribly) Unique Gifts for Men
- 12 Amazingly Clean Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen Here are 12 amazing (and amazingly clean) movies you've probably never seen. Maybe you've never even heard of these. All the better, because you'r...
- 100 Hilarious Quote Ideas for DIY Funny Birthday Cards You can spend five bucks on a pre-made card that is moderately funny, or you can make your own DIY funny birthday card that is actually hilarious. It...
- 10 Heartwarming Sympathy Gift Ideas for a Grieving Friend When someone close to you loses a loved one, you want to do something to express your condolences and communicate that you are grieving alongside you...
- How to make Homeless Care Kits that ACTUALLY help So you want to bless the homeless or those less fortunate than you, but you don't want your efforts to be counterproductive. What should you put in h...
- The Massive List of Family-Friendly Movies That Grownups Love Too This is your go-to list for great family-friendly movies that grownups love too. Nearly 500 clean family-friendly movies that are appropriate for...
- 100+ Best “We Go Together Like…” Quotes We go together like... Copy and paste. Scarlett & Rhett. PB & J. If you're looking for the "perfect pair," we've gotcha covered...
- 20 Sympathy Gifts for Parents Who Have Lost a Child Today we are sharing with you 20 heartfelt sympathy gifts for parents who have lost a child. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a...
- Should I bring a gift to a funeral? Memorial Gift Etiquette Explained This one is kind of a downer, but it's a question that, sadly, gets asked quite a bit. Should I bring a gift to a funeral or memorial service? Wha...
- 21 Unique Sympathy Gifts to Show Love and Support Let's talk about unique sympathy gifts. You've just learned that someone you care about has suffered the loss of a loved one, and you want to find a...
- Gift Etiquette: How To Receive A Gift The Right Way Gift etiquette can seem tricky, but it really is not so. If you are going to give a gift, it all boils down to thinking about the recipient. I wr...